You are Here:
Greetings from Seoul!

Author (Read 8067 times)

Greetings from Seoul!
« on: November 02, 2019, 02:39:53 AM »

CardsKept

• Newcomer
Hi guys. I'm Jeremy from Seoul, Korea.

I was introduced to cardistry and card magic by coincidence via Youtube around 3~4 months ago,
and I've been collecting cards ever since.

I am the type of guy who goes all in when doing certain tasks or adopting a new hobby,
so although it hasn't been half a year since my interest, I have fully indulged myself with the myriad of information on the topic
- the history, the culture, the community, and how the industry is evolving.
The more I learn about card collecting, however, the more I realize I know so little.

In the mere 3 months that I've gained interest in cards, I've managed to collect around 300 decks.
(overpaced a little, I know, but only to catch up) My main interests are the popular D&Ds, DBs, KWPs, and the cardistry related decks (Fontaines, AWW, Virts, etc).
I'm also slowly growing more fond of the classic/vintage cards.

I've been browsing around on this site for quite some time now and especially enjoy
reading/watching reviews by magicorthodoxy and endersgame,
and I am quite frequently impressed by how friendly and helpful the community is as a whole (especially you Don!).

So, today I'm just writing to say hi, and express my gratitude to all you guys who keep the forum running.

Ciao!

Jeremy.

Re: Greetings from Seoul!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 06:40:05 AM »

flexdeck_mike

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Welcome! I'm also trying to learn a bit of cardistry.

Can I ask what resources you're using to learn?

Best,
Mike Dummeyer
Purveyor of Flex Deck Playing Cards

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 12:07:09 PM »

CardsKept

• Newcomer
Howdie. Im relying mostly on youtube clips as it is an art form that relies heavily on the visual stimulus. My favorite are the moves by the Virts.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 04:48:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi guys. I'm Jeremy from Seoul, Korea.

I was introduced to cardistry and card magic by coincidence via Youtube around 3~4 months ago,
and I've been collecting cards ever since.

I am the type of guy who goes all in when doing certain tasks or adopting a new hobby,
so although it hasn't been half a year since my interest, I have fully indulged myself with the myriad of information on the topic
- the history, the culture, the community, and how the industry is evolving.
The more I learn about card collecting, however, the more I realize I know so little.

In the mere 3 months that I've gained interest in cards, I've managed to collect around 300 decks.
(overpaced a little, I know, but only to catch up) My main interests are the popular D&Ds, DBs, KWPs, and the cardistry related decks (Fontaines, AWW, Virts, etc).
I'm also slowly growing more fond of the classic/vintage cards.

I've been browsing around on this site for quite some time now and especially enjoy
reading/watching reviews by magicorthodoxy and endersgame,
and I am quite frequently impressed by how friendly and helpful the community is as a whole (especially you Don!).

So, today I'm just writing to say hi, and express my gratitude to all you guys who keep the forum running.

Ciao!

Jeremy.

Thanks for the compliment, Jeremy!  Please make yourself at home and if you have any questions, just ask.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/