You are Here:
Red artifice SUCCESS (And best place to get a blue porper?)

Author (Read 1691 times)

Red artifice SUCCESS (And best place to get a blue porper?)
« on: December 18, 2011, 11:10:19 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
 ;D Words cannot express how excited I am. See order below. Shipping is 2 to 6 weeks.

And also, I'm looking into getting a blue porper clip sometime in the near future... Do you guys have any sellers to recommend for a good price and not too outrageous shipping (being Canadian)?
I want the plain one without the blue crown logo, by the way.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

Re: Red artifice SUCCESS (And best place to get a blue porper?)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:30:20 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Nice order!
About the porper clip, NYMP has them on their website. They have a bunch of colors and blue is one of them!
It says they are temporarily out of stock but maybe someone from their site will post here when they will get them back.
Heres the link: http://newyorkmagicproject.com/products/porperclip.htm

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:48:36 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Shipping would be around 1 week in reality.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 01:54:50 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I picked the cheapest option and it said 2 to 6 weeks, their shipping varies a lot for reasons that I don't always understand... You're in Japan right? How much does the average order cost you in shipping?

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 01:55:08 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Shipping would be around 1 week in reality.

As someone living in Canada, I can say that USPS First Class is more than a week of shipping time ( at least to me ). I think the earliest I have ever recieved a package that was shipped via USPS First Class was 2 weeks ( 10 business days ), their Priority service is not much better. Moon might live in a larger city and get a more streamline route but my best guess is it will still be relatively slow. I highly doubt it will take more than 3 weeks though.

@Moon Have fun with the Red Artifice; are you going to open it or just add it to your collection? I have an open one and a few still sealed, its a pretty fun deck to play around with.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:58:49 AM by Curt »

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 02:17:21 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
When I ordered to Thailand, it takes about 1 week up to 10 days. (First class USPS)
And the last order to Japan, it takes 8 days. (Priority shipping)

That is the case that the package doesn't stuck at the custom.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 02:27:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
;D Words cannot express how excited I am. See order below. Shipping is 2 to 6 weeks.

And also, I'm looking into getting a blue porper clip sometime in the near future... Do you guys have any sellers to recommend for a good price and not too outrageous shipping (being Canadian)?
I want the plain one without the blue crown logo, by the way.

Yeah, that NYMP site mentioned by ezstreet1997 will have them again, in all likelihood.  Just remember, though - most Ellusionist decks WILL NOT FIT into a standard Porper clip because of the thicker stock.  E does sell clips large enough to fit their decks, even one with an Arcane ace cut-out for use with Arcane decks, but they aren't offering blue and I doubt they will.

You could try other deck clips, like the ones that simply slip on to a deck instead of adding spring-loaded pressure to it like a Porper does.  You might find those in blue, and many varieties are around that have custom engravings on them like images from deck boxes, card reveals, etc.  An inexpensive deck press will do a better job of flattening the cards than a Porper clip and most can handle two decks at a time, without boxes.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 02:39:38 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Hmm maybe they have a different way of dealing with deliveries to Asia, which would make sense. How much do you pay for delivery on average? The costs for me seem to randomly go up and down for no visible reason...

@Moon Have fun with the Red Artifice; are you going to open it or just add it to your collection? I have an open one and a few still sealed, its a pretty fun deck to play around with.
Since I don't have another one, I'll keep it sealed, but if I somehow manage to get my hands on a second one eventually I'll definitely have to open it and play with it a little ::)

Yeah, that NYMP site mentioned by ezstreet1997 will have them again, in all likelihood.  Just remember, though - most Ellusionist decks WILL NOT FIT into a standard Porper clip because of the thicker stock.  E does sell clips large enough to fit their decks, even one with an Arcane ace cut-out for use with Arcane decks, but they aren't offering blue and I doubt they will.

You could try other deck clips, like the ones that simply slip on to a deck instead of adding spring-loaded pressure to it like a Porper does.  You might find those in blue, and many varieties are around that have custom engravings on them like images from deck boxes, card reveals, etc.  An inexpensive deck press will do a better job of flattening the cards than a Porper clip and most can handle two decks at a time, without boxes.

Yeah, I'm aware of the size issues ::) there's actually a thread on the E forums where some guy actually tested a bunch of different decks with both clip sizes, and the Artifice does fit in a standard porper with 52 cards, which is good enough for me. Beside, I ALWAYS get blue backs given the option(personnal preference), which is why I wanna get a blue clip. Other decks will make use of it, not just Ellusionist ones.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:40:28 AM by Moon.exe »

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 03:25:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I actually use an E Ghost deck clip to hold one of my favorite go-to decks, a USPC-branded Guardians.  For me, a good clip will allow me to carry 54 cards minimum, since I occasionally throw in a trick using a joker or two.

I, too, tend to prefer blue decks over red.  The card fronts have enough red and black in them!  There's many trick decks that only come in red Rider Back, which is a little annoying - Ontology Project would be a big exception since it's sold by D&D with blue Rider Back cards.

Let us know what you finally find; you may stumble across a real gem.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 03:32:22 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I actually ordered a masters clip as well in a previous order, so if I need a little more space I'll still have that one handy ::)

And in my case, the choice of going with blue is both a simple visual preference and a symbolism thing. Red is a bold, aggressive, very intense color. That is the sun. Blue, on the other hand, is a soft, soothing color, more reminescent of the moon. There's a lot more to it and I could elaborate on the moon symbolism for a good paragraph, but you get the basic idea. It suits my personality much better. If you ever read the description for the red Artifice, it elaborates more on the red side, too. :)

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 03:55:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I actually ordered a masters clip as well in a previous order, so if I need a little more space I'll still have that one handy ::)

And in my case, the choice of going with blue is both a simple visual preference and a symbolism thing. Red is a bold, aggressive, very intense color. That is the sun. Blue, on the other hand, is a soft, soothing color, more reminescent of the moon. There's a lot more to it and I could elaborate on the moon symbolism for a good paragraph, but you get the basic idea. It suits my personality much better. If you ever read the description for the red Artifice, it elaborates more on the red side, too. :)

I guess the brash boldness of the red isn't me as much as the cool tranquility of the blue!  It better suits my way of life these days.

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 07:24:31 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Hmm maybe they have a different way of dealing with deliveries to Asia, which would make sense. How much do you pay for delivery on average? The costs for me seem to randomly go up and down for no visible reason...

Since I don't have another one, I'll keep it sealed, but if I somehow manage to get my hands on a second one eventually I'll definitely have to open it and play with it a little ::)

Yeah, I'm aware of the size issues ::) there's actually a thread on the E forums where some guy actually tested a bunch of different decks with both clip sizes, and the Artifice does fit in a standard porper with 52 cards, which is good enough for me. Beside, I ALWAYS get blue backs given the option(personnal preference), which is why I wanna get a blue clip. Other decks will make use of it, not just Ellusionist ones.
All of my E decks have been able to fit in the E size clip AND the standard size. Some fit better than others though.
The newer E decks like Arcane, Artifice, Infinity, and some others, are standard size. And the older E decks are E sized.

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 11:03:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
All of my E decks have been able to fit in the E size clip AND the standard size. Some fit better than others though.
The newer E decks like Arcane, Artifice, Infinity, and some others, are standard size. And the older E decks are E sized.

The newer stuff, perhaps, but the Arcanes are thick, and the Perf Coat ones are thicker.  A silver Arcane non-Porper clip wouldn't hold my new white Arcanes without removing the ad cards, whereas before it could.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 11:05:37 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Nice Purchase - By the way, you can get a blue Porper from NYMP or from TBC.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 03:00:52 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
The one from The Blue Crown has a crown logo on the corner. OTherwise I'd get it there as I want to get a few crown decks anyway...
Having to order everything from different places sure gets expensive, especially with international shipping. ::)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:01:27 PM by Moon.exe »