You are Here:
Overflight here.

Author (Read 1020 times)

Overflight here.
« on: November 02, 2011, 03:55:03 PM »

Overflight

• Twitter:
Hello everyone. I am Overflight and I found this project in virtue of being a Kickstarter "addict" of sorts :I have helped fund around 30 projects, usually with small amounts in various areas but mostly in indie gaming and technology.

After seeing both this and the Americana project, I felt the urge to own these cards, seeing as for quite a while I have been fascinated by their iconography. But then the logical part of my brain said "Isn't that a bit silly? I mean, you don't even like card games all that much". Then after looking at some comments here it hit me: why not get into cardistry and card magic? There are several resources available (though I am sometimes intimidated by how young some skilled practitioners are, which makes me feel I "missed out" even though I am only doing this for fun) so I could use that to channel my fascination with cards.

Anyway, I hope that didn't sound too weird. You all look like very nice people and I wish Aether Cards the best of luck for the future.  :)

Re: Overflight here.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 03:57:02 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Hi Overflight! Kickstarter is quite addicting indeed. If I had the money I would be pledging left and right for some of the projects.

Magic and cardistry is an amazing "in" to the world of playing cards. There is a lot to learn but I think anyone here will tell you that cards are some of the most fascinating and interesting pieces of art they own.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »

chdmagicdude

• Discourse Lover

• YouTube:
Hi Overflight welcome to the forms!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 04:58:28 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
Welcome to the boards Overlight, and yes Alex your right cards are one of my most fascinating and interesting pieces of art I own, but the Vortex deck would probably have to be one of my favorite back designs. At least in my top 3.

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 10:31:05 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
yes you should buy this deck, its a great deck. also even a bit of card magic is good to know, i started just waning to know a few tricks
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 09:58:07 PM »

Victoria

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Welcome, Overflight! Thank you for your support of Aether, it really means a lot to us.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 04:00:48 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Hey Overflight...I'm a bit of an old-timer myself within today's card world. About to be 27 and I feel as though I'm getting a little old for this lmao
Magical as Sin!