Virtuoso Playing Cards 2015 - Coming Soon

Author (Read 13608 times)

Re: Virtuoso Playing Cards 2015 - Coming Soon
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
This is a case of, either you like Virts or you don't like Virts. I personally, like Virts. Color change works for me, I have no problem with it. ;)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 11:53:27 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Collector: why?  What's with the color chart?

This -

Might be the other designs of virtuoso in the future haha  :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 02:08:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Collector: why?  What's with the color chart?

This -

Might be the other designs of virtuoso in the future haha  :D

...or the other designs of every single deck to come out from this point forward, more likely...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 02:53:41 AM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
When are we getting this cards?
Form Follows Function

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 04:15:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I don't think it's been announced yet.

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 04:28:05 AM »

elephantturtle

• Newcomer

I don't think it's been announced yet.

Huron Low from thevirts said that they're aiming for a mid-late march launch so they'll hopefully be available from the 21st onwards :D

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 04:58:36 AM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
Thanks

I was asking because there are some guys in my country that are already saying that THIS monday (today in some parts of the world) the new Virtuoso deck is launching...

Form Follows Function

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 12:36:34 PM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

I was asking because there are some guys in my country that are already saying that THIS monday (today in some parts of the world) the new Virtuoso deck is launching...

nah, just Singapore only, the world must wait a little bit  8)

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 08:34:20 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
 ???

I hope its not that much time...

Is the price the same as last time? like 9.50 or something like that...?

Form Follows Function

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 01:57:37 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Thanks

nah, just Singapore only, the world must wait a little bit  8)

Ahhhhh! Now I see it. They used the Red from Launch Edition, the Grey from Spring/Summer and used a different shade of Blue. But wait ... What's the name of this amazing recycled color palette ... Why it's another Spring/Summer. Yay!

Another Spring/Summer? They could have always revisited the Spring/Summer a few years down the road. Is every Virtuoso deck moving forward going to be a Spring/Summer? So many color and name options and this it what they came up with so early in recolor game? I expected more then this.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 02:14:01 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015, 01:27:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Ahhhhh! Now I see it. They used the Red from Launch Edition, the Grey from Spring/Summer and used a different shade of Blue. But wait ... What's the name of this amazing recycled color palette ... Why it's another Spring/Summer. Yay!

Another Spring/Summer? They could have always revisited the Spring/Summer a few years down the road. Is every Virtuoso deck moving forward going to be a Spring/Summer? So many color and name options and this it what they came up with so early in recolor game? I expected more then this.

Actually, the editions would be:
Launch (alternately, Fall/Winter 2013)
Spring/Summer 2014
Spring/Summer 2015

Lots of companies name product versions after the time period they were released.  Windows 95, pick-any-mass-produced-car, etc.  It's simple.  It beats names like "Snow Mountain Lion" or "Peach Ice Cream"...  And only two were Spring/Summer so far - not really a big-enough data set from which to draw your conclusion about them ALL being called "Spring/Summer."

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2015, 10:44:51 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Actually, the editions would be:
Launch (alternately, Fall/Winter 2013)
Spring/Summer 2014
Spring/Summer 2015

Lots of companies name product versions after the time period they were released.  Windows 95, pick-any-mass-produced-car, etc.  It's simple.  It beats names like "Snow Mountain Lion" or "Peach Ice Cream"...  And only two were Spring/Summer so far - not really a big-enough data set from which to draw your conclusion about them ALL being called "Spring/Summer."

I'm not saying they can't do it. At a 1 per year rate, the release date will always come in spring/summer. Why should they wait for fall/winter to release a deck, I wouldn't? I like their pace of deck releases. They seem to have their schedule working well for them. The intention to make Fall/Winter might not exist at all.

I agree, Launch Edition was a version that should be held on its own merit, not part of the series. Launch Edition is a "launch edition", not a fall/winter. I can excuse the reuse of RED, thinking about it from that perspective.

They want to sell decks? Do something in terms of color that really makes it stand out.

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2015, 10:49:46 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I'm not saying they can't do it. At a 1 per year rate, the release date will always come in spring/summer. Why should they wait for fall/winter to release a deck, I wouldn't? I like their pace of deck releases. They seem to have their schedule working well for them. The intention to make Fall/Winter might not exist at all.

I agree, Launch Edition was a version that should be held on its own merit, not part of the series. Launch Edition is a "launch edition", not a fall/winter. I can excuse the reuse of RED, thinking about it from that perspective.

They want to sell decks? Do something in terms of color that really makes it stand out.

I've heard two differing theories for what's preferred in a cardist's deck - from cardists, of course.  Some like the flashy look, getting bright, colorful, ornate creations.  But others are actually almost completely the opposite - they want a relatively plain deck, more subtle in design, so the attention is on the art and not the cards.

If forced to guess, I'd say that the Virts are attempting to give a little to each camp.  The "spinny" design adds a bit of flash, but the subdued colors in some of the backs are the opposite of flash.

All in all, I think this is an ideal cardistry deck, and I've always loved the court cards' more youthful appearance.  I'm just usually too slow at the draw when the decks are offered!  I got the first ones so far, that's it.

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2015, 09:27:17 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I got the first ones so far, that's it.

In your own opinion do you think it is really worth getting 1 of the virts?
I haven't got a chance getting any of them yet  :(
Back for more

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2015, 01:51:22 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

In your own opinion do you think it is really worth getting 1 of the virts?
I haven't got a chance getting any of them yet  :(

I like the courts on them, the style is simple and elegant.  Why wouldn't you want to get 'em?  Other than budgetary reasons, of course...

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2015, 06:05:38 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

I like the courts on them, the style is simple and elegant.  Why wouldn't you want to get 'em?  Other than budgetary reasons, of course...

It's the shipping that is killing me.. Lately I had been backing KS project, and the total of shipping cost I had to pay could get me a couple extra deck if I live in the US :(
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 06:08:58 PM by 52JokesAndCounting »
Back for more

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 12:12:40 AM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
They are coming out this sunday....

The Buck Brothers offered them today as a preorder on their artofplay site, they had a little more than a 400 decks.

Form Follows Function

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 12:26:26 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

It's the shipping that is killing me.. Lately I had been backing KS project, and the total of shipping cost I had to pay could get me a couple extra deck if I live in the US :(

You could always consider combined shipping from forwarders since most KS projects offer free domestic shipping within US. You still have to pay, but it saves quite a bit.

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2015, 01:03:42 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

for the last SS14 Virts, order a brick get free shipping in US, wait and see how abt this time

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2015, 06:54:05 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

You could always consider combined shipping from forwarders since most KS projects offer free domestic shipping within US. You still have to pay, but it saves quite a bit.

which forwarders do you use? if I may ask..  :)
are they reliable? I mean will the item get damaged?
Back for more

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2015, 12:17:12 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I'm surprised no one posted here about the launch yet.

Virts are having a free deck giveaway. You only gotta pay for shipping, so hurry.  :D

http://weare.thevirts.com/ss15-giveaway

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2015, 12:34:38 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

which forwarders do you use? if I may ask..  :)
are they reliable? I mean will the item get damaged?

I did quite a lot of research back then, but i seriously cant remember all of them
(just a quick google search came up with shipito, myus, ship2me. and this --> http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/11/australia-post-has-launched-a-us-freight-forwarding-service/) I did not read any of this, just a glimpse, so please do check it out yourself.

I did search quite a few, but i ended using the one from my local post office, where i will ship to their warehouse in the US with free storage for a month.
After that, i will ship back the whole lot, and do save on quite a considerable sum to be honest. Only reason why i chose this was that they have a lot of credit card promotions or monthly promotions that offer additional 10-30% discount, and in turn, more savings for me.

I do not do repacking, so as long as the retailer packs the cards well enough, there shouldn't be too much issue. If it happens that you do get damaged decks, just inform the retailer and i believe they will ask you to send photographic evidence and they will replace it. I personally do not recommend repacking as i feel the packers do not understand how delicate the cards are, as to them, it is just a deck of cards. But ultimately, it is your choice. Go source around and see which suits to your needs the best.

Cheers.

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
Retailers wont cover damaged decks if you use a third party to forward the decks to you.
Form Follows Function

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2015, 11:25:00 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Retailers wont cover damaged decks if you use a third party to forward the decks to you.

Well...They do for me.   :o
I shall now keep my identity hidden and not say more. :X :X :X shhhh