Battle 57: Holiday Battle! Santa Back vs Holiday Back

Author (Read 1568 times)

Battle 57: Holiday Battle! Santa Back vs Holiday Back
« on: December 24, 2013, 11:20:07 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
The Bicycle Santa Back deck vs the Bicycle Holiday Back deck. Pictures of the deck below!

Holiday Back

Santa Back
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

Re: Battle 57: Holiday Battle! Santa Back vs Holiday Back
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 12:47:26 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I went for santa back. I love the holiday design on the holiday back, but I went for the rarity of the santa backs :/

I just want to point out that this battle is for the original santa backs. Not the merz67 maiden back version.
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 01:09:48 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Went for the Holiday back, Santa back is cooler but you know, one way design...
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 04:59:31 PM »

Jamm Pakd Cards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Holiday back for me just because it is a two way back, they are both cool, but I have to vote holiday!
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards
Wild West Decks - Coming Soon to Kickstarter
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JammPakdCards?ref=hl
Kickstarter: Wild West Coming Soon 2016

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 05:42:24 PM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular
Also have to go for the two-way Holiday back. A two-way Santa back would have won for sure!

I just want to point out that this battle is for the original santa backs. Not the merz67 maiden back version.

Hadn't heard of this before, that's just sad. If there's one thing the world of playing cards does not need, it's more merz decks.
- Tom

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 06:34:18 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Also have to go for the two-way Holiday back. A two-way Santa back would have won for sure!

Hadn't heard of this before, that's just sad. If there's one thing the world of playing cards does not need, it's more merz decks.

I have to admit I bought a pair thinking it was the originals. Should've known better considering it was £9 a pair. Lesson learnt!
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 12:13:39 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Went with the Santa back. This is a holiday battle, and I think it better personifies Christmas. The Holiday back could be thought of, as possibly a Star back. I don't get Holiday from the design.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 12:54:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I have to admit I bought a pair thinking it was the originals. Should've known better considering it was £9 a pair. Lesson learnt!

Sad as this may sound, I actually learned from someone that Merz is USPC's largest customer in the Custom Department, creating more deck projects than any other company or person.

One could do worse than a Maiden Santa Back, but still - his decks are so simplistic and cheesy, you could practically design them using Microsoft Word.  There's never an ounce of original art, it's all taken from clip-art catalogs or clip-art sites online.  He thrives because there are enough people out there slavishly buying up every deck with the Bicycle brand name on it that they can lay their hands on.

Nurul, it could have been worse.  His Trace series of deck usually went to eBay first for outrageously high prices before he started offering them in his store for something a little less stratospheric.

I went with the Holiday Back.  While it's not really a one-way, it's close enough to being one for all practical intents and purposes.  I'm not categorically against one-way backs but I don't prefer them over two-way.  It's why I stopped using late-model Tally Ho Circle Backs - what I believe happened is that a slight plate-making error over the years created a one-way mark that's never been corrected.

Went with the Santa back. This is a holiday battle, and I think it better personifies Christmas. The Holiday back could be thought of, as possibly a Star back. I don't get Holiday from the design.

Those aren't STARS, they're SNOWFLAKES!  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 01:27:23 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

Those aren't STARS, they're SNOWFLAKES!  :))

Dammit Don, you ruined it for me. I saw stars. I can't see stars now. I will never get that back  :( 
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 12:05:05 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Holiday back wins by a slight margin of 1!
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos