Here are the dem:

1 Deck 5" 11/16 x 5" 11/16
2 Deck 8" 11/16 x 5" 11/16
3 Deck 11" 11/16 x 5" 11/16
4 Deck 15" 11/16 x 6" 3/16
5 Deck 18" 11/16 x 6" 3/16
6 Deck 11" 11/16 x 11" 11/16
8 Deck 15" 11/16 x 11" 11/16

I'm just curious as to why there is no 10 deck lucite case? Isn't the Fed series a 10deck series?  :P

Re: Kings Wild Lucite Cases
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 07:23:57 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Here are the dem:

8 Deck 15" 11/16 x 11" 11/16

I'm just curious as to why there is no 10 deck lucite case? Isn't the Fed series a 10deck series?  :P

I do have a ten deck case that holds the while fed series but it also holds all 4 dealer coins and all 8 fed poker chips.

I'm. It selling it just yet as it is really expensive to make and people are already grumbling about the prices of the smaller ones. Oh we'll that's the price I pay for not getting crappy stuffade in china.
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »

musical_racket

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Cards Cards and Cards!
As soon as I can convince the wife, I will want to pick up a few one these. I think they are spectacular because of the transparent sides with nearly perfect visibility.

But it is right, it isn't worth spending more on a case than what you spent on the cards. But if you didn't spend that much on your cards you wouldn't need to display them this way. Ultrapro makes some card cases that are only a few dollars and I use those to display a few of my decks that aren't worth as much. But these ones here are quality and expensive for a reason!
If you like playing cards.....Awesome!

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Ya they may seem a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. But as Jackson eluded to, these probably aren't what you want to house your Dragon Backs. I don't even want to put a dollar amount on what deck should go in one of these, I think it's up to the person. I have a few decks that aren't more then $50-60 dollars, but knowing there secure and I don't ever have to worry about them being damaged and replaced is worth the investment, because while you may say "I can replace this...." do you really want to go through the process and the expense to do so?

I finally was able to get a Red Artifice, in the grand scheme of things not the most expensive deck to replace, but I really don't want to have to ............ I think I would grab a case for that.

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 03:15:35 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
As soon as I can convince the wife, I will want to pick up a few one these. I think they are spectacular because of the transparent sides with nearly perfect visibility.

But it is right, it isn't worth spending more on a case than what you spent on the cards. But if you didn't spend that much on your cards you wouldn't need to display them this way. Ultrapro makes some card cases that are only a few dollars and I use those to display a few of my decks that aren't worth as much. But these ones here are quality and expensive for a reason!

Card cases big enough to hold a deck?  Can we see them?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

Hands down the best single decks size cases out there. I have hundreds. From JP Middleton

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331101729144?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 03:21:09 PM by JacksonRobinson »
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2014, 11:11:03 AM »

musical_racket

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Cards Cards and Cards!

I'll post a few of mine soon, but here is a link to them: http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=652

I have been using the 100 count boxes which hold more than 2 decks. However, The larger ones actually get smaller near the bottom of the cases. It can hold decks with tuck boxes and celo, but they are normally a tight fit. I used to get them at walmart back when I collected sports cards and card games and they would normally have sleeves as well. Because the sleeves are a tad bigger, the boxes make up for the size difference and hold cards in tuck cases quite well.
If you like playing cards.....Awesome!

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2014, 11:48:39 AM »

jupiter3

• 52 Plus Joker Member
   I used to buy the Ultrapro cases by the case lot, both the single deck (5) and the dual deck (100).  The individual plastic box by the case lot, qty 100, drops the price dramatically.  I found the lid does not quite fit tightly, ie. the lid drops off, you have to use a rubber band to keep the lid on.  That wasn't too much of a problem the way I displayed them.    If you are using these boxes for long-term storage beware:: they do not filter out UV light.  You will have to control the environment in other ways.  They also emit a plastic smell that can build up if the boxes are in another container or display case.  You will need to provide for some air flow.

As far as using a box that is more expensive that the deck of cards,  I have figured out that between my (1)protective plastic boxes, (2)display cases, (3)environmental controls, and (4)database costs, a dual deck setup costs me $13.00(USD) above what I paid for it.  That is over the course of 5 years.  A single deck, which is not common for me, costs $10.00(USD) in addition to the deck costs,  That is excepting my garbage decks that don't get any special treatment, they are simply thrown into a box, awaiting disposal.
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2014, 10:38:30 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I have a few hundred of the UltraPro cases as well, and I love them. I don't use them for displays, I just put decks that are rare/valuable/sure to appreciate in value in them, and then stagk them in my storage boxes. Extra protection for tuck corners, cellophane, signatures, or cello-less decks. It's cheap protection. I can easily look through the decks without fear of damaging them. The case lids don't fit tightly, but that can be remedied with a strip of clear (crystal clear, not the "Magic" tape) around one or two corners. That snugs them up. The decks fit snugly, but aren't difficult to remove if needed. I keep Fed52s, JNuggets, a special Ornate set, any signed decks, stuff like that, in them.

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2014, 07:14:59 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I've got one of my 6-deck displays set up.

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2014, 07:57:09 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I approve. :)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I've got a second 6-deck Lucite display case from Kings Wild, and you can bet Zenith will go in it, Paul.  :)

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »

BeDoubleYou

• True Member
Hey Jackson,

Do the decks have to be of a similar size? Or is it if they fit in the cutout?

I have a deck Im thinking about displaying thats thicker than most decks when in the box and much smaller than a deck with a tuck when I take the box off. Im afraid it might not be able to be displayed with some of my other decks.

Hopefully I'm not too late to this and it never gets seen.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:18:57 PM by BeDoubleYou »

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2014, 05:23:40 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Hey Jackson,

Do the decks have to be of a similar size? Or is it if they fit in the cutout?

I have a deck Im thinking about displaying thats thicker than most decks when in the box and much smaller than a deck with a tuck when I take the box off. Im afraid it might not be able to be displayed with some of my other decks.

Hopefully I'm not too late to this and it never gets seen.

The cases are designed for standard size decks. I couldn't guarantee anything as I haven't tried putting odd sized decks in them yet. Sorry

J
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2014, 05:49:05 PM »

BeDoubleYou

• True Member
Fair enough. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit I'll have to see what I can do if I end up ordering the case.

Thanks for getting back to me.

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2014, 09:23:42 PM »

Elite Card Displays

• Newcomer
My federal 52 set with all (yep all, all 8 poker chips even the 3 unreleased poker chips) in a custom Lucite case and my Sherlock set in a formally kings wild exclusive Lucite case.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:29:47 PM by Ben S »

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2014, 10:26:50 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Great Question

Here are the dem:

8 Deck 15" 11/16 x 11" 11/16.

Jackson, do you have a linear, horizontal 6 deck display?
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2014, 10:38:26 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Great Question

Here are the dem:

8 Deck 15" 11/16 x 11" 11/16.

Jackson, do you have a linear, horizontal 6 deck display?

Unfortunately I don't offer lucite cases anymore on my site. However you could possibly contact Ben S (above) for a custom order or Gambler's Warehouse they make a great product too. Both manufacturers are USA based and produce everything here in the states so the quality is great with either choice.
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2014, 11:13:29 PM »

Elite Card Displays

• Newcomer
Well it looks like Gambler's Warehouse is ripping off my design.  Well sort of (they are stealing the image of my product).  they are using a laser cutting  system (leaves major lines) mechanical flame polishing (crap, substandard polishing).  Sorry but there is no substitute for hand polishing, but big companies can only compete with price not quality.  A US craftsman doing it by hand cant compete with the price but the quality cant be touched.  These guys are ripping off my design with crap and offering it on ebay. Well let them sell a few and then they are done LOL.

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2014, 11:42:03 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Well it looks like Gambler's Warehouse is ripping off my design.  Well sort of (they are stealing the image of my product).  they are using a laser cutting  system (leaves major lines) mechanical flame polishing (crap, substandard polishing).  Sorry but there is no substitute for hand polishing, but big companies can only compete with price not quality.  A US craftsman doing it by hand cant compete with the price but the quality cant be touched.  These guys are ripping off my design with crap and offering it on ebay. Well let them sell a few and then they are done LOL.

Just wondering, do you have a website? Can anyone purchase from you? I mean, I see you posting everywhere about others ripping off your design and that what they are selling is crap, but how can someone order your products?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:43:42 PM by Anthony »

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 12:00:55 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

Just wondering, do you have a website? Can anyone purchase from you? I mean, I see you posting everywhere about others ripping off your design and that what they are selling is crap, but how can someone order your products?

I was wondering if you designed the Lucite cases for Ellusionist? I think it only held 1 deck. It was something they did special with a Signed Scarlet Rounder I believe. Someone else here will know for sure, but I think it was about a year ago. I just remember it looking very similar to yours.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2014, 03:11:09 AM »

Elite Card Displays

• Newcomer

ATM I'm just selling on Ebay. MSDT165.  Sorry to get so bent out of shape about this but would any other craftsman be upset if someone hijacked their design?  Jackson and I could not come to an agreement soooo OK, but it does not make it ok for someone to seal a craftsman's design?

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2014, 03:14:22 AM »

Elite Card Displays

• Newcomer

I was wondering if you designed the Lucite cases for Ellusionist? I think it only held 1 deck. It was something they did special with a Signed Scarlet Rounder I believe. Someone else here will know for sure, but I think it was about a year ago. I just remember it looking very similar to yours.

No I did not design for Ellusionist theirs is ok but, my cases are not even close to theirs. My single deck is much more compact then theirs and I designed cases to hold 1,2,3,4,5,6,8 decks plus some custom cases.  They have a nice router finished edge on theirs but all mine have a hand polished edge.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:19:11 AM by Elite Card Displays »

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2014, 12:16:39 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

ATM I'm just selling on Ebay. MSDT165.  Sorry to get so bent out of shape about this but would any other craftsman be upset if someone hijacked their design?  Jackson and I could not come to an agreement soooo OK, but it does not make it ok for someone to seal a craftsman's design?

You really need to stop with this whining.  You're on both forums spewing unproven facts.
Until you've done a side by side comparison, how do you know it's not the same quality?
Trashing another company without seeing their goods makes no sense at all.

You seem extremely unprofessional, and cutting holes in acrylic to fit playing cards is hardly stealing your idea.

Ellusionist did it first.

You are just pissy because you have a competitor... get over it.
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2014, 12:58:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm forced to agree with CBJ on this, Ben.  You are neither the first nor the last person on Earth to create acrylic playing card display boxes.  The idea is NOT original, at least not from you.

Do you employ certain design features that others don't?  Perhaps.  If that's indeed the case, you PROMOTE those differences like a professional instead of whining about your competitors like a child who just dropped an ice cream cone.  And if the "differences" so subtle that they're like the difference between six eggs and a half-dozen eggs, they're really not different in any meaningful way to the consumer - they won't see the difference and thus won't care.

If you have a superior product and can offer a good, competitive price for it, the blasted things will practically sell themselves.  If you don't have a better product and/or can't compete on price, you should stop being in the acrylic deck case business and find something else you can do better.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/