You are Here:
Post Your Collection / Your Newest Acquisitions

Author (Read 353329 times)

Re: Post Your Collection / Your Newest Acquisitions
« Reply #925 on: October 23, 2014, 11:53:17 PM »

seb

• YouTube:
Hey all,
Thought I'd share pics of the cabinet I gave myself as an early Christmas gift ;) It's a 70's library Card Catalog. 30 drawers and 40 decks per drawer... Got it for cheap; had to sand and varnish it. I'm really happy with it!

That looks fantastic!  Bill Kalush did the same thing in his office at Conjuring Arts!  Finding one today, though, is like looking for stars in the night sky above New York - exceptionally difficult, nearly impossible!
Yeah Card guys are definitely going for those old cabinets. They're pretty hard to find. Or if you find them, they're usually super expensive.  I got lucky with mine; it was pretty cheap.

« Reply #926 on: October 23, 2014, 11:54:49 PM »

seb

• YouTube:
That's just awesome Seb  :D

Pretty happy with it ;)

« Reply #927 on: October 28, 2014, 09:04:15 AM »

Mydnyghte

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
This has been a busy month. Thanks to Sher, Kings Wilds Halloween sale, Pandreas Stash, and the Dale Mathis Kickstarter. Last but not least, everyone who had a hand in the 52J as well.

« Reply #928 on: October 28, 2014, 12:33:21 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Very nice acquisitions there my friend, gratz........

I do have one question, I know my eyes are getting old and I find myself reaching for my "Cheaters" more and more, but that is an over sized Monarch is it not? Or is it time to get my eyes checked again, lol

« Reply #929 on: October 28, 2014, 01:36:04 PM »

cbkimble

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

I do have one question, I know my eyes are getting old and I find myself reaching for my "Cheaters" more and more, but that is an over sized Monarch is it not? Or is it time to get my eyes checked again, lol

I believe that's the case for the 4 pack monarch set sold on T11.

here's the link: https://store.theory11.com/products/monarch-four-pack

« Reply #930 on: October 28, 2014, 06:41:44 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

I believe that's the case for the 4 pack monarch set sold on T11.

here's the link: https://store.theory11.com/products/monarch-four-pack

That's pretty cool..........and I don't know how I've never seen it, lol.

Thanks Brent  :)

« Reply #931 on: October 28, 2014, 09:53:42 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I've wanted an AIP Bottle for a while, so I got a couple and stuff..........

« Reply #932 on: October 28, 2014, 11:00:30 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Tony, Thank you for getting that second AIP Bottle for me.  ;)

I've wanted one, but have not been able to pull the trigger.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #933 on: October 29, 2014, 02:41:38 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Tony, Thank you for getting that second AIP Bottle for me.  ;)

I've wanted one, but have not been able to pull the trigger.

You bet Rob..........you can visit it anytime your in town  ;)

« Reply #934 on: November 04, 2014, 01:29:58 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
A few goodies today

I'm not a cardist, but can get a pretty good fan with the EPCC Classics right out of the box.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #935 on: November 05, 2014, 06:51:25 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Some stuff I received recently. Terrible photos as usual which is why I don't post here too often. Got some more stuff, was going to snap a few more but life happened haha.

The Eco Bikes were the only replenishing there.

All new to me. Woops, that's not supposed to be a Classic Black between the Serpentine decks lol. Should be a black tuck with a big T on it. Ah well.

Edit: Here's what should have been between the Serpentines. Pardon the filthy jewerly tray. Accidentally picked one up that needed to be cleaned. I don't see so well. :/

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 09:27:29 PM by Fes »
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #936 on: November 08, 2014, 07:51:23 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Excellent pickups by pretty much everyone!

In particular, I love the LPCC and EPCC decks people have managed to score. Congrats Fes for picking up the black and gold T deck -- the metalic gold used on the courts is amazing!!

After seeing Rob's photo of the EPCC Classic Twins, even I want to pick up a few decks. Those are definitely next on the JJ hitlist!

For now though, I picked up two bricks of my current favourite -- Serpentine. I really love the feel of the thin, snappy, and slick cards :D
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #937 on: November 08, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »

Edward

• True Member
Dang ! I have 503 decks ! My wife says im nuts !!!  I love it !!!!

« Reply #938 on: November 10, 2014, 09:47:34 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
A few new packages from the last few days

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #939 on: November 21, 2014, 06:59:57 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Bad photos from me again. Just received a couple packages today, one from E, one form PC.N.

Boxed set walked off at some point between unpacking and finding phone. I'll have to track it down. Probably in the craft room.

This photo is really bad, I'll get a camera at some point. :P
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #940 on: November 25, 2014, 09:06:25 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Got a chance to go pick up my RUN decks.........if you haven't, you should, just beautiful :)

« Reply #941 on: November 25, 2014, 12:24:36 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Very nice, those are some kind a sexy. My jealousy increases as I haven't any RUN in the house yet. Soon I hope :)

« Reply #942 on: December 01, 2014, 02:30:10 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

the latest deck in my collection, also the first custom playing cards of my country :) quality stock is not good much because of in Viet Nam we dont have an proffessional factory for produce Playing Cards  and the artists neither.  :( but bought to support the designers for ideas, createtive and have the brave to printed it. The first time we Vietnamese have tried to made a playing cards by ourself.

« Reply #943 on: December 01, 2014, 03:39:47 AM »

CherryNukaCola

• 52 Plus Joker Member
They look lovely.  :D I'm sure the quality will only get better as time goes by.

« Reply #944 on: December 01, 2014, 03:03:43 PM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
Finally got a white whale that was on my list before I started this card collecting thing.  It's an alternate bridge sized deck from 1983 that counts in binary decimal (as opposed to binary representation like the Honeywell cards).  The values are 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 and then use operators (*, +) where each * takes priority over + for each number within each suit (they retain standard suits oddly).  The image I took and attached below shows the order more clearly.

PCDB Entry
WOPC Entry

BONUS - Since I hadn't posted the Honeywell here before, although perhaps others have, I also am including that here for reference:

PCDB Entry

And what the heck, didn't post this either here before: I picked up the Joker violated deck from Dark Knight that comes as a poker set.  I decided to pick up another copy to play with, combining the poker chips while still keeping one deck on permanent display.  I then picked up a nice wood/glass storage case to keep the play set and chips in.  The case I got was new and came with a pair of decks and thick plastic chips so I kept the white ones since the box holds 100 and each Dark Knight set only came with 20 total chips for a total of 40.  Although I have a nice larger poker set already I think this one may get used just as often for the fun factor.

For those curious this Bicycle branded poker case and related set is from 2002 based on cards it contained (Dark Knight set is 2008).  It amazes me people/companies still have new inventory that is 12 years later.

« Reply #945 on: December 02, 2014, 12:12:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
the latest deck in my collection, also the first custom playing cards of my country :) quality stock is not good much because of in Viet Nam we dont have an proffessional factory for produce Playing Cards  and the artists neither.  :( but bought to support the designers for ideas, createtive and have the brave to printed it. The first time we Vietnamese have tried to made a playing cards by ourself.

You should consider offering a few of those decks for sale around here - I'd be surprised if you had no takers!

Some of the best playing cards I've ever handled weren't made anywhere near Erlanger, Kentucky OR Cincinnati, Ohio.  I have noticed that the key is in the paper when it comes to quality-made decks made outside the US, particularly in Asia.  Many companies will import black-core paper from Germany of at least 300g/m2, perhaps even a bit heavier.

ecNate - dude.  I am getting very jealous of you right now...  :))
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 12:13:07 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #946 on: December 02, 2014, 12:57:16 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

You should consider offering a few of those decks for sale around here - I'd be surprised if you had no takers!

Some of the best playing cards I've ever handled weren't made anywhere near Erlanger, Kentucky OR Cincinnati, Ohio.  I have noticed that the key is in the paper when it comes to quality-made decks made outside the US, particularly in Asia.  Many companies will import black-core paper from Germany of at least 300g/m2, perhaps even a bit heavier.

ecNate - dude.  I am getting very jealous of you right now...  :))

Thanks Don, i had planned to bought a few but after i tested the papers (dealing, springing, flourish, spreading.....) i decided not buy it because the quality is too bad  :mindf-ck: almost 100% plastic but too thick, plus the cut of the short side not well made it so hard to do a perfect spring. also it dont have finish coating so cant spread either  :( if i have to jugde, i could give it about 3-4/10.  but fortunatelly, after have our feedback (also Jaspas - yes, the champion of Kardistry 2014, the owner of CoSEA, join the art talk too) designers are now planning to bring their idea to Deckstater  ;D hope them success that time  ;D

« Reply #947 on: December 02, 2014, 02:17:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Thanks Don, i had planned to bought a few but after i tested the papers (dealing, springing, flourish, spreading.....) i decided not buy it because the quality is too bad  :mindf-ck: almost 100% plastic but too thick, plus the cut of the short side not well made it so hard to do a perfect spring. also it dont have finish coating so cant spread either  :( if i have to jugde, i could give it about 3-4/10.  but fortunatelly, after have our feedback (also Jaspas - yes, the champion of Kardistry 2014, the owner of CoSEA, join the art talk too) designers are now planning to bring their idea to Deckstater  ;D hope them success that time  ;D

Even so, some collectors would probably want some for a) the novelty of the deck and b) the fact that it's the first Vietnamese-made custom deck.  Not all collectors buy for performance - some buy for looks and some buy strictly for rarity.  It's worth considering.  Perhaps you could put out an inquiry on the Pasteboard Bazaar and work out a decent price for the deck plus shipping, if you feel it's worth your time.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #948 on: December 02, 2014, 06:03:50 PM »

piratebear81

• 52 Plus Joker Member
@ecNate  I love the joker deck. Where did you get it? is it limited?

« Reply #949 on: December 02, 2014, 06:06:50 PM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
@ecNate  I love the joker deck. Where did you get it? is it limited?

I got the first one off an Amazon reseller, the second on ebay.  There's a few package variations as well, but the basic one I got has been on ebay more often lately. It's from 2008, not sure on the quantity made.  I would try your luck on ebay, I'll PM you some tips.

EDIT - Here's some more photos of the set for those who didn't notice the link