You are Here:
Blue JAQKs from T11- new release coming soon?

Author (Read 1464 times)

Blue JAQKs from T11- new release coming soon?
« on: September 25, 2015, 02:35:48 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
No date was given on when this will be released. These appear to be a darker blue than the original. Would you guys consider this a reprint?

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: Blue JAQKs from T11- new release coming soon?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 04:15:51 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
No date was given on when this will be released. These appear to be a darker blue than the original. Would you guys consider this a reprint?

It would depend on whether there were any kinds of differences from the original design.  The darker blue could be a trick of the lighting, so don't rely on that.  It might be a reprint, or it might be "version 2" of the blues, or it might be some new color or shade altogether.  No way to tell from that photo alone.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:16:04 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 05:35:58 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

It would depend on whether there were any kinds of differences from the original design.  The darker blue could be a trick of the lighting, so don't rely on that.  It might be a reprint, or it might be "version 2" of the blues, or it might be some new color or shade altogether.  No way to tell from that photo alone.

If the cards are true blue, then I consider it a new deck. Color change denotes new deck. If it's just tuck enhancement that doesn't touch the colors of the deck itself then I do not consider it a new deck, it's a reprint. It's all about the cards inside the tuck box.

The only way we'll know this stuff if when we see photos of the cards themselves or have them in our mitts shuffling away all happy. Either way, I'll be picking some up. I really enjoy the JAQKs and any opportunity to snag some on the retail cheap I pounce on. Just have to cross my fingers USPCC took their time and printed with the utmost care. It's always a worry for me lately.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 12:35:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Just have to cross my fingers USPCC took their time and printed with the utmost care. It's always a worry for me lately.

It's kind of sad when the industry leader has let quality slip to the point that even the most loyal customers have to cross their fingers and hope a product of theirs was made correctly.  Not even made exceptionally - just plain correctly.

While I like the design and the color looks sharp, I don't buy decks that promote alcohol or tobacco and these were based on the design for the JAQK Wineries, as I'm sure most of you know.  I thought the design was eye-catching even before it was on sale at Theory11 - USPC used to have images of it (still might) on their web page promoting the Custom Department, and one of their Promotional Sample Deck cards is a look-alike of a JAQK card.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 03:59:58 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Unless there are changes to the deck (pips, courts, etc.) I'd consider this a reprint. New colors, not new ideas/design. I saw the T11 Instagram post and was hoping for a new version of the deck, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. I'd love to see a reimagined version of this beauty.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 04:09:47 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Monday 5pm EST these become available.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 05:10:13 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 06:51:24 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
What do you think?

True Blue card back is quite nice and I think I just picked some up a bit ago. ;)