You are Here:
Piff The Magic Dragon Playing Cards by Chris Chelko (KS)

Author (Read 3348 times)

Piff The Magic Dragon Playing Cards by Chris Chelko (KS)
« on: July 06, 2015, 10:52:03 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: Piff The Magic Dragon Playing Cards by Chris Chelko (KS)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 11:43:05 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'll give you this - it's whimsical, that's for certain!

Don't think I'll buy in, but it's a cool design.  Don't know about that table box, though...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 06:48:07 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
This deck is purely for Piff the Magic Dragon Fans...and Piffus
But I have to admit this deck is expensive... even after considering the table tuck   :(
Back for more

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »

see_squared

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Thanks for the post Rob.  This has been a very fun deck to produce with Piff and his artist Claire Blackledge in the UK.  We took on a lot of challenges to make it possible, and thanks to EPCC and Kickstarter...it might all become something very real.

But I have to admit this deck is expensive... even after considering the table tuck

You're right Hank, as far as playing cards go, this is on the higher end of the spectrum however when you consider that every single court card is original and unique artwork, pips redesigned, back, tuck, 4 custom gaff cards with artwork, the tuck engineering and artwork, and the die-cut Harbin table card engineering, it becomes a 58 card deck that simply has a ton to offer to fans of Piff and fans of playing cards. 

That being said, this deck was always designed for Piff to use in his show during performances and of course for his fans...I knew going into it a year ago that playing card enthusiasts may not be as warm to the idea of this deck and that is certainly okay.  So many decks out there now for all of us to find something we truly love :)

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 09:59:55 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Thanks for the post Rob.  This has been a very fun deck to produce with Piff and his artist Claire Blackledge in the UK.  We took on a lot of challenges to make it possible, and thanks to EPCC and Kickstarter...it might all become something very real.

But I have to admit this deck is expensive... even after considering the table tuck

You're right Hank, as far as playing cards go, this is on the higher end of the spectrum however when you consider that every single court card is original and unique artwork, pips redesigned, back, tuck, 4 custom gaff cards with artwork, the tuck engineering and artwork, and the die-cut Harbin table card engineering, it becomes a 58 card deck that simply has a ton to offer to fans of Piff and fans of playing cards. 

That being said, this deck was always designed for Piff to use in his show during performances and of course for his fans...I knew going into it a year ago that playing card enthusiasts may not be as warm to the idea of this deck and that is certainly okay.  So many decks out there now for all of us to find something we truly love :)

Don't get me wrong, even though I said it is expensive I love it and already backed 2 of it on the first hour you released it on KS.
It is just unfortunate I can only get 2..
Back for more

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 01:30:41 AM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I really like this deck and though it is a little pricey, it is better than most other decks out now at the same price and have backed for a few.  I was wondering what the planned number of decks that will be printed?   If these decks are for Piff shows, will they be available to the public after the KS project?

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 05:30:26 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I think this deck is awesome and I hope you guys do really well. It was only through seeing the deck launch, that I found out about Piff (and his brother ... Steve) :) Great humour and so much fun. I like how you have incorporated specific 'Piffy' elements in the suits. Definitely puts a smile on my face :)

*wave*

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 02:45:40 PM »

see_squared

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Don't get me wrong, even though I said it is expensive I love it and already backed 2 of it on the first hour you released it on KS.
It is just unfortunate I can only get 2..

No worries at all Hank, thank you for your support and of course I meant no disrespect with my post.  Just wanted to express how unique of a deck this has become and why it is priced the way it is. 

Thank you everyone for your kind words...hopefully this deck becomes a very real thing.  It's been fun making the prototypes, will look 1000 times better after it's been produced.

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 09:07:49 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I think this deck is awesome and I hope you guys do really well. It was only through seeing the deck launch, that I found out about Piff (and his brother ... Steve) :) Great humour and so much fun. I like how you have incorporated specific 'Piffy' elements in the suits. Definitely puts a smile on my face :)

*wave*

I found them sometimes last year on a TV program Fool Us, although he didn't fool Penn and Teller it seems that Mr. Piff is doing okay.
Back for more

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 04:33:50 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I really like the idea of the deck especially the die-cut Harbin table. I will definitely buy a few for collection soon when I have spare cash.

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 02:38:44 PM »

see_squared

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Quick update folks....the Piff Deck officially reached its goal. We also posted new add-ons and stretch goals to glance at. Tons of fun things planned!

Thank you everyone for the support.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 01:54:42 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Congrats guys. Will have to get one before the campaign ends.

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 10:18:34 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

*wave*

I found them sometimes last year on a TV program Fool Us, although he didn't fool Penn and Teller it seems that Mr. Piff is doing okay.

On the same network in the US, he's making an appearance this season on "Masters of Illusion," hosted by Dean Cain.  It's a "variety show" of all stage magic.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/