The Iconic Deck by Charles Wallace (KS)

Author (Read 820 times)

The Iconic Deck by Charles Wallace (KS)
« on: April 21, 2015, 11:36:01 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: The Iconic Deck by Charles Wallace (KS)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 05:32:01 AM »

Leif

• Elite Member
I like it! I especially like the subtle one way back, the theme coherence and the all original art. And,  seriously guys, isn't this custom courts fad really overrated? It's good to see someone pay homage to the standard courts that we all know and love. I mean, he could probably spank out some great custom courts, as evident by the excellent back, I'm thinking JR or Linnea from Uusi, or, he could have used different, unrelated icons as courts, but instead he chose to honor tradition by painstakingly drawing his courts exactly like the standards. I applaud that effort.

The only thing I don't like in this deck is the spider-excavator in the lower right of the back.

It scares me.

For this reason, I'm out, but good luck with the deck.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 08:49:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hmm...  Ur...  Um...

I got nothin'.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 12:09:48 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
I like it! I especially like the subtle one way back, the theme coherence and the all original art...

...chose to honor tradition by painstakingly drawing his courts exactly like the standards. I applaud that effort.

I don't see anywhere on the project that says the artwork is original or that the courts were drawn. The icons all look stock and the courts look like a generic printer's proof. Nothing about this project seems original or looks like any effort was put into it at all.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 02:15:08 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I like it! I especially like the subtle one way back, the theme coherence and the all original art...

...chose to honor tradition by painstakingly drawing his courts exactly like the standards. I applaud that effort.

I don't see anywhere on the project that says the artwork is original or that the courts were drawn. The icons all look stock and the courts look like a generic printer's proof. Nothing about this project seems original or looks like any effort was put into it at all.

He was being facetious.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 02:53:16 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
He was being facetious.

I feel dumb.. haha.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 06:17:17 PM »

Leif

• Elite Member

He was being facetious.

Right on! At least trying. And I had to look that word up.