Re: The Flight Deck
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 01:52:17 PM »

Saker

• Newcomer
Beautiful cards.  I'm in!

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 12:58:31 PM »

PRM19XX

New update is up, but it's mostly about how to do add ons. Since you guys are kickstarter pros I'm sure you already know how to do it! Meanwhile, I hope you noticed I added a dealer coin. I got a lot of comments from people requesting it right before the project launched.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/134284667/the-flight-deck-the-dawn-of-aviation-playing-cards/posts/759903

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 05:35:27 PM »

PRM19XX

Airship ace of clubs is up, along with a brief explanation of the first two aces in the airship deck!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/134284667/the-flight-deck-the-dawn-of-aviation-playing-cards/posts

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 09:34:07 PM »

Home Run

• Newcomer
  • It's dangerous to play alone

• Kickstarter:
Paul,

I'm loving the deck and the options. You did an amazing job on the flight book. So cool!

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 09:51:10 PM »

PRM19XX

Thanks Mike! Talking to you really cleared up some mysteries of playing card production. I love how your new decks came out, especially that unique tuck box.

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »

PRM19XX

The last two Airship Aces are up, that makes four!

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 04:09:29 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
The limited unbranded decks are now available. Only 1000 available

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 09:31:17 PM »

PRM19XX

I just received the dummy mock up from the factory for the two deck holder. It looks great! Of course this is a blank white with no debossing but it feels very substantial and holds the decks very tightly. I'm very excited about how it's looking. I will post it to the project tomorrow but I wanted you guys to get a first look at it. Also I ordered this before I moved the buttons to the side but the rest is the same. Moving the buttons to the side allowed for a larger imprint on the front. I wanted to create a truly unique deck holder and that meant starting from scratch!

Below is the mockup of the book open so you can see what the imprint will look like.

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 09:51:24 PM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I received two boxes, each with a sketch log book tier.
Wow.

First off, the two packing boxes together form a diptych with a sketch of a combat pilot in his cockpit.
The two sketches are wonderful pencil art.
The tucks are elegant. The log books are over the top sort of rewards, truly unique and well put together.
I'm blown away and I haven't opened a tuck yet.
Wow.
/bama

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 10:07:29 PM »

shadowkat

• True Member
I have backed every Paul Roman Martinez Kickstarter and he is top notch.  I received my decks, but didn't go for a sketch tier.  Those look awesome.  The sketches on the box are super cool too!  Welcome to the Paul Roman Martinez fan club. 

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 07:44:40 PM »

PRM19XX

Thanks for the kind words here guys!

I just wanted to give you a final update on the numbers from the printing project so you know how many decks are out there.
I printed roughly 2,700 Blue Bicycle Flight Decks and 2,700 Red Bicycle Flight Decks, and 1,000 each of the Unbranded Blue and Red decks.
I printed 1,000 of the Flight Logbook Deck holders.
I have about 50 each of the Blue Bicycle and Red Bicycle decks left. And I ended up with just enough of the unbranded decks to fill the logbooks I had left.
So I'm essentially out of the Blue and Red Bicycle decks. I'm not going to even add them to my webstore. I also decided that I won't be reprinting those through Bicycle. So I guess they ended up as limited edition after all. Whatever is out there for the Flight Bicycle decks is all there will ever be!