Brown Wynn Cellophane?

Author (Read 1068 times)

Brown Wynn Cellophane?
« on: January 29, 2012, 12:53:17 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Now I'm not sure what the difference is, but why is the cellophane on both of my Brown Wynn's so different then any of my other decks. It is really "crackly" if you understand what I mean. It literally feels like holding the deck will make the cellophane fall off. Can anyone tell me why this is?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

Re: Brown Wynn Cellophane?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 01:02:32 PM »

Atheosile

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Wish I could help, although I have the same issue with my brown wynns...I know what you mean and actually the cellophane has come apart a bit on the bottom..kinda mad about that lol...I am interested to see what answers come up here :)

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 01:09:50 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I have the same issue.  Not really sure why this deck seems like the only one that has this

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 01:20:24 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I don't have any Brown Wynns but some decks seem to have tighter cellophane than others. Like my red artifice decks have the tightest cellophane in my collection and probably the Tally Ho Vipers have the loosest cellophane in my collection.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 01:41:50 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I don't have any Brown Wynns but some decks seem to have tighter cellophane than others. Like my red artifice decks have the tightest cellophane in my collection and probably the Tally Ho Vipers have the loosest cellophane in my collection.

It is kind of like the Viper Cellophane, but it feels looser. It also feels like a different material then most cellophane.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 01:49:33 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
how much did u pay for your brown wynn's ?

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 01:59:12 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
how much did u pay for your brown wynn's ?

Theory11 had a deal where if you spent $50 on Black Friday you got a Brown Wynn for free, which I did twice.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 03:44:37 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Brown Wynns used the old Ohio cellophane that had a lot of variables to it. All of my Ohio decks seem to be wrapped differently, sometimes with different materials.

Anyway, if any of you guys suffer from TCS (torn-cellophane-syndrome) pop out some double stick tape and a box cutter. Cut a piece of the tape into the shape you need to repair the cellophane, pick it up with the cutter, and slip it under the wrapping and press. :)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 03:57:33 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Yeah, it seems they're all like that.  I think it's maybe thicker cellophane, applied more loosely plus age.

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 02:52:30 AM »

Atheosile

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I just bought my 4 Absolut Vodka decks and all four are the same..I did try researching and asking about it but I am sure Alex nailed it on the head...Old Ohio cello with different variables would and obviously sounds most logical...Yet, this had to end during or a bit after 2005 since AV decks were out of print at that point...I have no other Wynns than the Brown one in cello. I have a Purple but it was used and bought off eBay. I am now interested in checking the similarities of Brown Wynn vs Absolut cellophane...Wonder what comes up :)