You are Here:
Hello from Vancouver BC, Canada

Author (Read 408 times)

Hello from Vancouver BC, Canada
« on: January 30, 2014, 12:48:36 AM »

Godzillian

• Newcomer
Hello! My name is Arthur and I've been collecting playing cards since October 2013. My girlfriend was the one who started me on this hobby when she got me the White Ghost deck for my birthday in August. But I really got hooked in while I was looking for some Zombie decks to go along with a zombie RPG campaign my friends had put together. My search led me to Kickstarter, which introduced me to a plethora of custom playing cards. Since then, my wallet's gotten considerably smaller, while my collection's gotten a little bigger (I hope to post a collection picture in the collection thread soon...)

I've also started learning magic tricks since a month ago! Cardistry proved too difficult for my small hands (this is a common excuse but in my case, it is definitely true). I have played violin so my hands are dexterous than most, but a lot of the cuts (like the 1-handed shuffle & Conor O'Kane's Snowglobe) require too much palm-space for me.

I hope to learn lots about playing cards, the industry, magic, everything here! I've lurked around the forum a lot, and I've come to the conclusion that many of you are quite nice and friendly :D So it was high time that I've stopped being a lurker (for the most part). Here's to us getting along, denizens of Aethercards :) Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
Arthur

Re: Hello from Vancouver BC, Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 12:53:38 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Welcome Arthur. I see another victim of Kickstarter. There are many of us here that feel the pain of empty pockets that KS has caused.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:01:53 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Welcome Arthur! Plenty to learn around here and just as many members willing to share and help. Enjoy!

,,,,,,,,,Kickstarter claims another victim  :mindf-ck:

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 02:37:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Arthur, we're glad to have you here.  Please make yourself comfortable.  Feel free to ask any questions you want.

I should start a new KS project for an interactive website called the Wallet Shrinker...wait - someone made it already and called it Kickstarter!  (I wish I could say otherwise, but the jokes don't get any less cheesy from here...)  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/