You are Here:
Hive 2 Playing Cards by Brendan Hong/KWF (Now Live KWF)

Author (Read 8116 times)

Re: Hive 2 Playing Cards by Brendan Hong/KWF (Now Live KWF)
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 03:58:34 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
ordered one LE deck...I had trouble getting my card info to go through early in the process but it finally worked.  Also I wish there was a way to manage my pledge in case I change my mind.  Anyone know if you can do that?

All you need to do is contact Brendan or Jackson, they'll take care of you on the spot. :)

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 04:15:26 PM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Got in for 4 decks. Really like these ones!
Collection and Blog - www.magasaki.com
Studio - www.designsharp.co.uk
Blog Facebook - www.facebook.com/magasakicards
Personal Facebook - www.facebook.com/tommajski

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 04:18:55 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
ordered one LE deck...I had trouble getting my card info to go through early in the process but it finally worked.  Also I wish there was a way to manage my pledge in case I change my mind.  Anyone know if you can do that?

All you need to do is contact Brendan or Jackson, they'll take care of you on the spot. :)

I think that question is part of the FAQ at the bottom of the campaign's page.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 04:58:54 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
Already at $12,224 (of the $13,000 pledge goal) after four hours, pretty impressive when it's funded via KWF!
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 06:24:29 PM »

EvanEssence

• Forum Regular
Let's just say they're there.  Anyone else feel like it was a little anti-climactic?  I would not have minded a higher goal with more extras.  Hell, even the deck itself lends PLENTY of room to expand its detail.  What do you guys think? 

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 07:01:23 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
Let's just say they're there.  Anyone else feel like it was a little anti-climactic?  I would not have minded a higher goal with more extras.  Hell, even the deck itself lends PLENTY of room to expand its detail.  What do you guys think?

I'm going to bite, expand how? I will admit that we wanted to keep the the whole project simple. We're funded now, but I think when you first launch a project there's no guarantee how good a deck is or how great the price is, it'll be fund. We had ideas for some items that never made it just due to price or logistic.

If you've got any issues with pledges or what not, shoot me an email at brendan@kingswildproject.com and let me know the issue and what your email address (and amount in case you accidentally pledged more than twice but didn't mean to) is if you want it refund

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 07:04:33 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
We need a Hive coin, Brendan. ;D

(I know, I know. They're expensive as hell. Just dreaming a bit. Would look sweet with the beehive on one side.)
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 07:23:59 PM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I really like how simple it was. Just 2 decks one of them limited and no extra fluff. Some of the kickstarter can end up with silly amounts of tiers and addons
Collection and Blog - www.magasaki.com
Studio - www.designsharp.co.uk
Blog Facebook - www.facebook.com/magasakicards
Personal Facebook - www.facebook.com/tommajski

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 07:59:04 PM »

EvanEssence

• Forum Regular

I'm going to bite, expand how? I will admit that we wanted to keep the the whole project simple. We're funded now, but I think when you first launch a project there's no guarantee how good a deck is or how great the price is, it'll be fund. We had ideas for some items that never made it just due to price or logistic.

If you've got any issues with pledges or what not, shoot me an email at brendan@kingswildproject.com and let me know the issue and what your email address (and amount in case you accidentally pledged more than twice but didn't mean to) is if you want it refund

If keeping the project simple was one of the plans then I'll take back what I said.  Negativity is not what I meant to communicate. :)

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2015, 08:03:11 PM »

EvanEssence

• Forum Regular
mag makes a good point as well. 

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2015, 08:55:35 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

If keeping the project simple was one of the plans then I'll take back what I said.  Negativity is not what I meant to communicate. :)

You were totally not negative. I was just curious what you would have wanted to see.

Add-ons and extra are always a balance. Sometimes, they can be really cool like the Chris Ovdiyenko's limited edition deluxe deck for the Oracle. That worked so well and was extremely brilliant of him. And then sometimes, we've got all this extra stuff that feels, to me, like junk that doesn't help the campaign. I think it just ends up costing more for the creator and creating this complexity that's not needed.

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 09:09:28 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
haha, anti-climactic. Evan, these took off like a rocket and weren't even on KS. It doesn't get any more climactic than that in my opinion. These decks have had all kinds of wow going on with them. :))

Congratulations on funding so quickly! I may need... more.  ;D
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 09:22:09 PM »

EvanEssence

• Forum Regular
:)  oracle is my favorite deck.  Maybe it's a taste thing why I said thAt.  Just ignore me guys, I'm a noob!

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 09:38:53 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Thanks for the support everyone!

Congratulations on funding so quickly! I may need... more.  ;D

You can definitely pledge for some more :D

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2015, 11:32:49 PM »

troy

• True Member
I ordered:

3 limited
7 unlimited

Just love the artwork and they are very card game friendly too. Decks of the year candidates.

Can't wait for Hive 3.

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2015, 12:50:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
:)  oracle is my favorite deck.  Maybe it's a taste thing why I said thAt.  Just ignore me guys, I'm a noob!

Hey, don't sweat it.  Everyone had to be a n00b at one point - it doesn't last!  You've got to think it was pretty cool that you had a question and the deck's creator was there to help you answer it!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2015, 05:25:32 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I second the idea that a coin would be nice to have!

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2015, 06:31:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I second the idea that a coin would be nice to have!

Nah.  I already collect cards.  If I start collecting coins, where does it stop?  My wife is always upset looking at my collection already.  :))

Honestly, people - there's absolutely nothing wrong with a nice, SIMPLE campaign.  Cards, perhaps an uncut sheet, and that's it.  Some early and successful campaigns didn't have all the flea market add-ons!  If the deck is good enough to stand on its own - let it stand on its own!  It's like you're begging Brendan to take more money from you!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:32:16 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2015, 06:47:48 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Heh yeah my wife complains about my card collection all the time too!

Out of curiosity Don, how do you organize/display yours? Would love to see some pics!

You're 100% right there's nothing wrong with a simple campaign... On the other hand there's nothing wrong with a beautiful coin either ;-)

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2015, 07:35:06 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Usually, I don't say anything about coins vs whatever add-ons. What people like is what people like but this time... I do need to speak up.

There are UNCUT SHEETS available for $15 here!
There's still LE decks available as well!
Where do you find the access point for these goodies? Right here!

Even with shipping uncuts are $25, that's not bad at all. I wonder, since you can fit decks in a tube and KWF knows how to do that, if there would be some way to combine shipping and save a little cash.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:38:40 AM by Fes »
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2015, 11:06:15 AM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Usually, I don't say anything about coins vs whatever add-ons. What people like is what people like but this time... I do need to speak up.

There are UNCUT SHEETS available for $15 here!
There's still LE decks available as well!
Where do you find the access point for these goodies? Right here!

Even with shipping uncuts are $25, that's not bad at all. I wonder, since you can fit decks in a tube and KWF knows how to do that, if there would be some way to combine shipping and save a little cash.

Thanks for the plug.

As for the uncuts, it's totally possible to combine uncuts with decks, but honestly, sometimes the result isn't as great as we like. For this one, we've decided to do it separately to prevent any potential issues. It's one of those better safe than sorry. I know the extra postage sucks, but I hope you guys can understand.

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2015, 05:30:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Heh yeah my wife complains about my card collection all the time too!

Out of curiosity Don, how do you organize/display yours? Would love to see some pics!

You're 100% right there's nothing wrong with a simple campaign... On the other hand there's nothing wrong with a beautiful coin either ;-)

Very little of my collection is on display.  The bulk of it lives in two places.

In one corner of my bedroom, I have stacks of "monster boxes" - boxes used by CCG/sports/trading card collectors with a 5,000-card capacity.  I've learned that they hold 125 poker decks in standard packaging very nicely.  I think I have either ten or maybe twelve of them, most of which are full to capacity.  Those are all sealed decks.  I'm also using two for holding deck donations for the kids I perform for at the hospital.

Next to that, I have a stackable drawers, all of which are variants of this product from Staples.  I discovered these when I saw Kevin Reylek using either these exact units or something similar.  I have two units side-by-side, with two double-tall drawers at the bottom and eight single-tall drawers above.  Each single drawer hold 45 decks.  The double-talls have more than double capacity, but they're also filled with things like oversized packaging and the like.  I do have one of those filled with nothing but trick decks - and it's about full to capacity by now.  What that capacity is, I have no idea!  Ideally, I'd buy a third unit by now, but ideally I'd also remain married to my wife - the two scenarios appear to be mutually exclusive!

Now, if no one objects, we should stop getting tangential and let Brendan have his deck topic back!  If you'd like to continue the chat, either PM or an appropriate topic would be best...  :))

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2015, 04:51:23 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
You guys need to pick up those last LE decks, I'm way too tempted to grab some more. ;D

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2015, 03:20:53 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
You guys need to pick up those last LE decks, I'm way too tempted to grab some more. ;D

Haha, I know what you mean. I can't do that just yet though. The Tuesday has just begun. Or will in a few a hours, all that. After after, if I can I most certainly will. :))

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2015, 03:43:19 AM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

Haha, I know what you mean. I can't do that just yet though. The Tuesday has just begun. Or will in a few a hours, all that. After after, if I can I most certainly will. :))

Everyone is certainly welcome to grab some more LE Hives if they'd like. In fact, I encourage it !  :D

Thank everyone for their support whether they pledged for a two or shared the link with someone that would like it.

I know it's a different system than what people are use to so I apologize for some of the kinks that have popped up. All I can say is that new systems often do that and we're going to feed back to the CrowdTilt people so they can know how to improve it. I will say that system does give us quite a lot more control over Kickstarter. No system is perfect, but it's getting there.