You are Here:
Exquisite Playing Cards from CARC

Author (Read 13408 times)

Re: Exquisite Playing Cards from CARC
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I'm just curious about what "Master Finish" is.  I know the Global Titans weren't the most warmly received deck, though personally I didn't think they were bad - not great, but definitely not bad.  I can't tell for certain but I think these may be from the same factory.

I am WRONG.  These aren't from the Shanghai factory.  I can't give out details yet, but these will be FAR SUPERIOR to the Global Titans.  If they are what I believe they are, you will be stunned.

That, and many other exciting things, will be going on at conjuringarts.org on Thursday - NOT Friday!  So don't go slipping into your turkey coma until you've checked it out.

@Don Boyer: I'm not sure if you missed the JacksonRobinson post?

Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 12:15:25 PM » JacksonRobinson: I had some time to chat with Bill Kalush while at the 52 Plus Joker Convention, the tuck case is awesome, got to check it out in person. It has an incredible feel and texture to it. He also mentioned that he used the same printers that produced the Legends deck.

I'm really trying to cut down on buying new decks. This is going to be a tough one to pass on. I'm going to wait and see what everyone thinks after using them first. Maybe I can still pick them up somewhere if I change my mind.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 03:57:42 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 08:29:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 12:15:25 PM » JacksonRobinson: I had some time to chat with Bill Kalush while at the 52 Plus Joker Convention, the tuck case is awesome, got to check it out in person. It has an incredible feel and texture to it. He also mentioned that he used the same printers that produced the Legends deck.

I'm really trying to cut down on buying new decks. This is going to be a tough one to pass on. I'm going to wait and see what everyone thinks after using them first. Maybe I can still pick them up somewhere if I change my mind.

I'm guessing I did miss the post.  :))

But - let's just say I know of a few interesting things going on over at CARC that will leave you kicking yourself in the butt if you don't check out the site on Thursday.  It's not like some massive holiday giveaway, but for some, it might even be better!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 08:36:05 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

I'm guessing I did miss the post.  :))

But - let's just say I know of a few interesting things going on over at CARC that will leave you kicking yourself in the butt if you don't check out the site on Thursday.  It's not like some massive holiday giveaway, but for some, it might even be better!

No doubt, I plan on checking it out. If there are a few things I like, I will drop some of these decks in the shopping cart with them.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:38:24 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 01:20:12 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
It looks like CARC has a price out for the Exquisite deck already: http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/Exquisite-Playing-Cards-VERY-RARE-Limited-Red-Edition-Exclusive-Deck-and-Pack-Jacket-only-14-95-Pstpd-in-US-144p981.htm#.UpJDENKORv8 .

At almost 15$ with shipping is a bit pricing. I'm curious as to whether the blue Exquisite is less rare and costing less.

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 01:32:03 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
It looks like CARC has a price out for the Exquisite deck already: http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/Exquisite-Playing-Cards-VERY-RARE-Limited-Red-Edition-Exclusive-Deck-and-Pack-Jacket-only-14-95-Pstpd-in-US-144p981.htm#.UpJDENKORv8 .

At almost 15$ with shipping is a bit pricing. I'm curious as to whether the blue Exquisite is less rare and costing less.

As per your link:
Our worker edition of this deck is made of the original back design (not reversed), printed in metallic blue and it also has a sideways tuck completely done in a beautiful blue foil. These are $5.95 per deck.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:33:50 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 02:07:48 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
Thanks ... now I get to look like an idiot for not reading further down ... :-[ ,but I'm going to claim that the extra text wasn't up yet when I checked it out. I think the red ones will sell out pretty quick even at that price with only 800 decks printed.

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 02:28:58 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Thanks ... now I get to look like an idiot for not reading further down ... :-[ ,but I'm going to claim that the extra text wasn't up yet when I checked it out. I think the red ones will sell out pretty quick even at that price with only 800 decks printed.

They might sell quick and they might not. 800 decks at $15 could take a few days or a few weeks. They are up against a few companies looking to get a piece of the Black Friday market share. That's probably why CARC is releasing these on Thursday rather then Black Friday.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 05:02:31 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Yeah, Black Friday is going to hurt. But at least the large majority of the decks being released are awesome. Can't wait for this one. It looks brilliant.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2013, 12:38:53 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
Don, since you gotten to see both the blue and red versions of the Exquisite deck, which do you think looks better in your opinion? I understand the red is much more limited but just curious what you think.

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2013, 01:42:36 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Great Ace.  Style of those used 100+ years ago. That style, at least similar, of tuck case also used in late 1800's and early 1900's.
Tom
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2013, 03:04:51 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don, since you gotten to see both the blue and red versions of the Exquisite deck, which do you think looks better in your opinion? I understand the red is much more limited but just curious what you think.

You tell me - I posted pictures.

http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/post-your-full-collection/msg84506/#msg84506

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2013, 05:58:47 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Just picked up 6 blue and 2 red exquisites. And 2 legends

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
Just picked up 2 red and 2 blue =D very excited to open these up and take a look at how awesome they are =) ooh how i love the holiday season!

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2013, 06:12:42 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Woah international shipping is heavy on these. I think I need to hold back and hope jp gets them in
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2013, 06:18:18 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Seems like the gates opened a little early, I was able to get in at 4:50 Central Time, I was a little surprised, but happy.

Got a Special 6 Pack of the Exquisite Decks and 6 Legends, both of which I'm splitting with my silent partner, lol
We also grabbed a 10 pack of the Sleeves to save on the bulk discount.

Now I Just can't wait to get everything.

................waiting for Phase II, T11 Order

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2013, 06:18:59 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Just picked up a red/blue set, very reasonable shipping to Canada. Half my Black Friday shopping done, just the Jaqks left!

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2013, 06:26:04 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Just picked up 2 red, 2 blue, and 2 black legends. Looking forward to tomorrow's black friday promotions.
- Adam

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2013, 06:37:12 PM »

chach

• Forum Regular
Just picked up 2 red, 2 blue, and 2 black legends. Looking forward to tomorrow's black friday promotions.

Ordered the same thing here.  Looking forward to them!
-El Guapo

ISO - Vietnam vintage Bicycle Secret Weapon Aces of Spades deck.

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2013, 06:46:28 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Got 3 Black Legends and 1 Blue Exquisite.

dis gon b gud.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2013, 06:51:36 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
I was at the check out screen and decided to back out of ordering. Not sure why, but I suddenly decided these cards aren't something I really want.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2013, 08:08:15 PM »

Alchemy8905

• Newcomer
Picked up some reds & blues along with some black legends, now looking forward to the rest to come tomorrow.  :)

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2013, 08:56:54 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I was at the check out screen and decided to back out of ordering. Not sure why, but I suddenly decided these cards aren't something I really want.

You're missing out on a really good deck.

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2013, 09:35:10 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:

You're missing out on a really good deck.

You're right. I may end up picking up a pair of red and blues later tonight. Just needs some more mulling over.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2013, 09:36:14 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
Got a couple blues, a red and one pack jacket. Missed out on the Legends but I was never really a fan of them anyway. Besides the cool box they didn't seem that great. Oh well, definitely excited about the Exquisites though.

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2013, 06:41:46 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
I got these in today! You know how Don said they are fantastic, well i never believe Don because... well hes Don.;) Just playing, love ya bud! Anyway Don wasn't kidding when he said these things are fantastic... When you first open them the cards almost feel oily but after playing with em that goes away, yet they still handle fantastic! If you haven't picked any up yet, I really suggest you do!
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos