You are Here:
Virtuoso Playing Cards 2015 - Coming Soon

Author (Read 13582 times)

Virtuoso Playing Cards 2015 - Coming Soon
« on: November 23, 2014, 09:40:04 PM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

is it too soon to post it right now  :P but i want to be the first so nah i dont care lol https://thevirts.leadpages.net/the-ss14-virtuoso-deck-is-sold-out/

Re: Virtuoso Playing Cards 2015 - Coming Soon
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Yea, too early haha.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 11:53:03 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
If they can put a countdown timer on it, it should more or less be finalized and they probably have their decks somewhere on the printer already.

I really do hope we see something a little different this time.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 12:07:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
If they can put a countdown timer on it, it should more or less be finalized and they probably have their decks somewhere on the printer already.

I really do hope we see something a little different this time.

This is going to take pre-orders about the same time that the winter deck did last year - early January.  I remember the decks took a while to arrive - I'm assuming that they're using the pre-orders to pay for the deck instead of messing with Kickstarter, so it won't actually print until February or March.  They've got the momentum for it, so kudos to them for eliminating the middle man!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:08:24 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Looks like we have a bit over a month before the launch.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 05:52:27 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

bumb up because Huron Low finally show up something about v3.

and up to now so many rumors about the color of it  ::)

what you guy think :))

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 06:55:26 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Hahaha, I like them. The violet one is particularly, fun. I didn't expect this hahaha. Good sense of humor.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 08:44:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
You don't see violet and lavender much in playing cards.  I like it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:44:52 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 10:54:04 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I bought the first two (launch edition & spring summer). I would pass if this is v3. Just because something has not been done before, does not mean it should be done. While some would buy it, I don't see a color choice such as this helping to increase sales to say the least.

I'll put my money on yellow/green OR a metallic version.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:57:53 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 11:11:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I bought the first two (launch edition & spring summer). I would pass if this is v3. Just because something has not been done before, does not mean it should be done. While some would buy it, I don't see a color choice such as this helping to increase sales to say the least.

First - congratulations, this is your 1,000th post!  (Your total is probably higher because posts in some boards don't count, but still, you're in the four-digits club!)

I liked the style from the start, and I like these colors.  I kinda wish they weren't limited editions - who wants to perform with a limited edition deck only to watch it get trashed?

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 04:42:46 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

First - congratulations, this is your 1,000th post!  (Your total is probably higher because posts in some boards don't count, but still, you're in the four-digits club!)

I liked the style from the start, and I like these colors.  I kinda wish they weren't limited editions - who wants to perform with a limited edition deck only to watch it get trashed?

Wow do I feel old (in forum years). 1000 Posts fly when your having fun. Congratulations to you also on #15,000. Its a real accomplishment when you consider the average length and amount of information you pack in your posts. I think my fingers would fall off. I have to wonder, have you ever fallen asleep at the keyboard? :))

Limited Edition? By that I take it this is real and is happening? Nothing against the color itself but I was expecting something else. I agree, limited edition is not the deck I want to be using. That's what Virtuoso Decks are made for, being used.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:00:00 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 03:57:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Wow do I feel old (in forum years). 1000 Posts fly when your having fun. Congratulations to you also on #15,000. Its a real accomplishment when you consider the average length and amount of information you pack in your posts. I think my fingers would fall off. I have to wonder, have you ever fallen asleep at the keyboard? :))

Limited Edition? By that I take it this is real and is happening? Nothing against the color itself but I was expecting something else. I agree, limited edition is not the deck I want to be using. That's what Virtuoso Decks are made for, being used.

And consider that I've only been a member here for about 3 years, 4 months...  :))

Regarding the Virtuoso decks, I'm only going on what's been presented here - I have no inside information on this deck at all, so don't make conclusions based on what I've said.  I'm assuming they're limited edition based on the fact that the first two editions (and damn near every custom deck on the market today) are limited editions.  For all I know, they're being printed on doily paper and hand colored by Mrs. Jones' kindergarten class using the finest Crayola crayons a public school system can buy...

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 09:59:52 PM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

i dont think we could call Virts's deck is limited edition, they doesn't tell us how many were made, but due to market, i think they have printed at least 15,000 for each version - not so limited number nowaday, selling in 2-3 time (pre-sale, at the session, public) but still keep the prices reasonable (10-12usd). when the Launch's Edition sold out and the prices raise for about a year, they release new color and new design (better than keeping a same design for 3 version of D&D's S&M - face and back, at least Virts did something new). and this v3 still in the way :) v1 and v2 raise so not fit with flourisher's wallet to played with it - new deck come out at 11-12usd, re-colored and maybe re-designed, as long as new version still nice and reasonable prices, i'll still buy it for play (unless they turn out some deluxe box set with 6 reprinted inside - i'll pass  :bosswalk:)
sorry for bad English if have any mistake in grammar :P 3 year not write so much
anyway, V3 will have 3 colors on back, but the face still not reveal

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 11:38:48 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
i dont think we could call Virts's deck is limited edition, they doesn't tell us how many were made, but due to market, i think they have printed at least 15,000 for each version - not so limited number nowaday, selling in 2-3 time (pre-sale, at the session, public) but still keep the prices reasonable (10-12usd). when the Launch's Edition sold out and the prices raise for about a year, they release new color and new design (better than keeping a same design for 3 version of D&D's S&M - face and back, at least Virts did something new). and this v3 still in the way :) v1 and v2 raise so not fit with flourisher's wallet to played with it - new deck come out at 11-12usd, re-colored and maybe re-designed, as long as new version still nice and reasonable prices, i'll still buy it for play (unless they turn out some deluxe box set with 6 reprinted inside - i'll pass  :bosswalk:)
sorry for bad English if have any mistake in grammar :P 3 year not write so much

I agree about the print run. I don't think they fit into the typical limited runs we tend to see or hear about, which to me is 5,000 or less decks. The simple fact is demand for these have been very high their popularity increases and has not decreased at all. Demand can cause a limited illusion for sure. I hope they print a few more of these V3's than they have in the past as the after market means nothing to me, availability I think is much more important.

I am also curious if there will be something new with the face cards for V3. So far, it's pretty exciting in my opinion.

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 10:04:27 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I agree about the print run. I don't think they fit into the typical limited runs we tend to see or hear about, which to me is 5,000 or less decks. The simple fact is demand for these have been very high their popularity increases and has not decreased at all. Demand can cause a limited illusion for sure. I hope they print a few more of these V3's than they have in the past as the after market means nothing to me, availability I think is much more important.

I am also curious if there will be something new with the face cards for V3. So far, it's pretty exciting in my opinion.

Guys - they're limited.  They're not the rarest cards on Earth, but they're limited.  They were made in a single print run, never to be printed again.  The size of that run could have been 500,000 or 5,000 or even 50 - it doesn't matter.  It was never intended to have more than the one print run, period.

One can use the argument that everything is limited because no one prints infinite amounts of anything.  But that's not what we're looking at for the definition of limited.  Limited means that a fixed amount was made and that no future print runs are planned.  Even decks that weren't intended to be limited sometimes become limited because they go out of print - things like the Sultan Republic deck, the version 1 blue Artifice deck, the red/silver Tally Ho Vipers, the all-white Bicycle Black Tigers, etc. became "unplanned" limited editions.  So a pack of Bicycle Rider Backs in red, blue or black aren't limited, because USPC keeps printing them as the stock runs low, and by the same token neither is any "commonly available" deck that gets regular printings.

No one would claim that any version of Smoke and Mirrors was not limited.  Dan and Dave never revealed the print run size until the final "homage" edition that was version 7.  Would you be surprised to learn that some of the print runs were as large as 20,000-30,000 decks?  Each still had only a single print run, but towards the end they were making much larger amounts of these decks - it was practically like having a license to print money, so why not?  But they're limited, regardless.

Just as all the Virtuoso decks to date are limited.  And just as version 3 is likely to be limited as well.  Instead of reprinting, they make new versions - financially it makes more sense for the Virts to manage the brand this way.

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 11:52:17 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Don everything can be considered limited edition, at some point everything will stop being made. Used to have a great hot plate, thing worked wonderfully. Got hot quickly, had even heating, was silent and sturdy as hell. A year ago or so I went to pick up a hot plate, I thought I would get the same one I'd had earlier in my life. They don't make it anymore. I had no idea at age 19 that my much beloved hotplate was in fact a Limited edition and I would never be able to replace it at a retail store. Had I known, I may not have given it to that cute chick down the hall when I moved out of the building. I think the point crazyfandecks was trying to make which I agree with is what we usually think of as an LE print run deck. Demand for a deck makes it appear more limited than it actually is/was for the print run itself. There's lots of Virts but demand for them makes it appear as though there isn't many. People are always wanting them, that's a good sign for the brand itself.

Would I be surprised to hear DnD had 30,000 S&M 7s printed? Yes, I would. Half that at 15,000, no I wouldn't. That's a different situation though. Virts don't get held back and put into boxed sets and all that. They're just sold out very quickly. Kind of an important distinction there in my opinion, there's not any unnecessary illusion created by the store itself like some others tend to do with certain decks. These guys just do the "we have these for 2014, here you go." and they are gone haha. Just like that people start thinking 'these must be really limited'.

Noc seemed to fly like that too. Quietly disappear, then suddenly where are they? aftermarket searches ensued. I think V3's are that way now too, few retailers have them in any volume. I consider a deck that sells out in a year a quick mover though.

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 12:21:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don everything can be considered limited edition, at some point everything will stop being made. Used to have a great hot plate, thing worked wonderfully. Got hot quickly, had even heating, was silent and sturdy as hell. A year ago or so I went to pick up a hot plate, I thought I would get the same one I'd had earlier in my life. They don't make it anymore. I had no idea at age 19 that my much beloved hotplate was in fact a Limited edition and I would never be able to replace it at a retail store. Had I known, I may not have given it to that cute chick down the hall when I moved out of the building. I think the point crazyfandecks was trying to make which I agree with is what we usually think of as an LE print run deck. Demand for a deck makes it appear more limited than it actually is/was for the print run itself. There's lots of Virts but demand for them makes it appear as though there isn't many. People are always wanting them, that's a good sign for the brand itself.

Would I be surprised to hear DnD had 30,000 S&M 7s printed? Yes, I would. Half that at 15,000, no I wouldn't. That's a different situation though. Virts don't get held back and put into boxed sets and all that. They're just sold out very quickly. Kind of an important distinction there in my opinion, there's not any unnecessary illusion created by the store itself like some others tend to do with certain decks. These guys just do the "we have these for 2014, here you go." and they are gone haha. Just like that people start thinking 'these must be really limited'.

Noc seemed to fly like that too. Quietly disappear, then suddenly where are they? aftermarket searches ensued. I think V3's are that way now too, few retailers have them in any volume. I consider a deck that sells out in a year a quick mover though.

There are limited editions made with intent to be limited, and there are limited editions that by happenstance become limited.  One would never call Bicycle Standard in red, blue or black limited - when stocks run low, they just print more, easy as that.  I'm trying to narrow the conversation to those decks intentionally made as limited editions.

NOCs probably haven't restocked because of that labor dispute at the docks on the West Coast somewhere.  I haven't been following it, but as I hear it, there are boats forming a parade from Asia to the West Coast with goods to unload and dockworkers refusing to do the unloading due to a labor dispute of some kind.  I couldn't tell you for certain - it's also possible that they're shipped through the Panama Canal to New York Harbor, which would do nothing to explain the sudden shortage.

Ironically, regarding the NOCs, they were never intended to be a collector's deck in the first place.  It was meant from start to finish as a working magician's deck, which is why they were so cheap and had many "magician-friendly" features.

Back to Virtuosos.  I liked the first one, never got any of the second just because they went fast and I wasn't looking.  I especially enjoyed the more youthful look of the court cards.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:21:21 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 06:50:13 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Just a quick note to say that we will have the new Virts deck available for purchase on the same day that they release it on their own site. No word on price yet or exact release date I'm afraid, but I doubt it will be the same as theirs for various reasons.
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 12:30:00 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Just a quick note to say that we will have the new Virts deck available for purchase on the same day that they release it on their own site. No word on price yet or exact release date I'm afraid, but I doubt it will be the same as theirs for various reasons.
Although yours might be scaled slightly higher, are your shipping rates lower than theirs?
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 01:23:14 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Well they ship from the US, us for the UK so if you're EU based it would be better overall to pick them up from us. Elsewhere it could easily be either of us depending on the country, customs laws, etc.

~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 02:39:06 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:42:16 AM by crazyfandecks »

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
 ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 01:49:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Collector: why?  What's with the color chart?

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 07:53:24 AM »

Cellar Window

• Newcomer
Might be the other designs of virtuoso in the future haha  :D

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 10:59:33 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Not much of a color change? A few shades or tones from the spring/summer? I had to double check TheVirts Facebook page to see if this was real.