Author (Read 2392 times)

De'Vo - Dominion V2
« on: November 04, 2014, 11:36:59 PM »

GBrown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Received this in my inbox today:

DOMINION V2 THIS SATURDAY 

With every brick comes a free signed deck - bricks priced at $6.99 per deck.

Launching at 11am Denver time, Sat 8th.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:37:45 PM by GBrown »
You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stop playing!!!

Re: De'Vo - Dominion V2
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 02:11:04 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

Lots of pics on the page. They're very large I won't link them here because I have no idea how to make them show up smaller. Face cards are now white and red, the are very similar to the his other two PRO XCM decks. Backs are still black and red. Faces are much easier to read then the V1's, again similar to the other two PRO XCM decks.

Very nice imo. Price is right too. :D
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 02:48:29 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Lots of pics on the page. They're very large I won't link them here because I have no idea how to make them show up smaller.

If you have a PC, use Paint.  If you have a Mac, use Seashore.  Both are free, simple photo editing/drawing programs that you can use to resize a photo and change its compression to make the file size smaller.

Despite the 5,000 Kb limit posted, I've found the board tends to choke on anything larger than 1 Mb, which is really more than enough for a big picture with a lot of detail.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:50:06 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 04:59:08 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
Taaaadaaaa
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 09:08:22 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Taaaadaaaa

Hahaha nice. :) I really like that he's using the easy to see faces on this one.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 06:50:52 PM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I don't see them on the site! It says "now available" on the homepage, but I can't find it on the product page...
=( Anyone else managed to get some?

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 07:40:19 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I knew I was forgetting something today. The 8th... :mindf-ck:

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 12:58:46 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I don't see them on the site! It says "now available" on the homepage, but I can't find it on the product page...

Wow. Thats quick. Anyone notice how quick cards are selling out recently? i mean it is probably gone in hours, although i do not know the exact time.
I got the decks only because it launched at 2am my local time, and i touched down from airport at midnight and reached home around 1am. So i just stayed for another hour, got them and went to sleep.

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 01:11:58 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
This deck was designed to fan!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 07:54:42 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member

Wow. Thats quick. Anyone notice how quick cards are selling out recently? i mean it is probably gone in hours, although i do not know the exact time.
I got the decks only because it launched at 2am my local time, and i touched down from airport at midnight and reached home around 1am. So i just stayed for another hour, got them and went to sleep.

Lucky you! I think I checked roughly 6 hrs after launch and they were gone... The home page says "now available" though, and they're not on the "sold out" section... weird...

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 11:00:30 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
These are definitely sold out. :(

I can't believe I completely spaced and missed them. >:(

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 07:54:36 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Lucky you! I think I checked roughly 6 hrs after launch and they were gone... The home page says "now available" though, and they're not on the "sold out" section... weird...

They probably haven't caught up to moving it to the other list yet.  Perhaps they wanted people to see it there a bit more before moving it.

De'vo's decks do tend to sell out same day of release, just a few hours at most.

FYI: it was his birthday yesterday, according to his FB page.

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 12:41:13 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

They probably haven't caught up to moving it to the other list yet.  Perhaps they wanted people to see it there a bit more before moving it.

De'vo's decks do tend to sell out same day of release, just a few hours at most.

FYI: it was his birthday yesterday, according to his FB page.

It sold out in 6hours. For the sake of easy calculation, lets just say there are 3000decks. (I really don't know how many there are)
Which means he sold 500decks in an hour, or 8-9 decks a minute. Probably not the fastest ever, but still a pretty impressive record.

More news from De'vo:
"So what is next for De'vo? Early next year I'm releasing a new signature series deck from Anika Burrell, MMD #4, and a possible new collab deck with an artist you all may know to be released at another time."

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 04:34:43 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
Can someone ELI5, why do they have "limited numbers" to this extreme point? Is not selling a few more better business? I know there is more appeal when something is rare, but his seems insane that for 6 hours only you can get this deck.

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 05:48:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Can someone ELI5, why do they have "limited numbers" to this extreme point? Is not selling a few more better business? I know there is more appeal when something is rare, but his seems insane that for 6 hours only you can get this deck.

They'll show up in the secondary market, and the price shouldn't be too outrageous.

Some people still believe that rarity is king with new custom decks.  It's the nature of the beast.

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 11:48:23 AM »

GBrown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I managed to pick up a brick - so happy to help anyone out if I can when these come through to me.
You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stop playing!!!

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 01:37:31 PM »

GBrown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Hi - these have now arrived, so if anyone wants one can you drop me a line. The cost of shipping (of which I have no idea) lies with you, but the decks on me. Merry Christmas - I may even pick up the tab for shipping for my colleagues!

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
These decks look amazing. I may be hitting you up.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.