You are Here:
Bee Narrow Size Vintage Deck Sealed with Stamp Blue Back No.67

Author (Read 932 times)

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Picked up this deck today on Ebay.  I do not know much about the Bee narrow size decks but what the heck. Like Mike says, this deck was begging to be picked up

Stamp puts the deck in the 1940-1965 range

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 11:22:10 PM by badpete69 »

Re: Bee Narrow Size Vintage Deck Sealed with Stamp Blue Back No.67
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:23:49 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Interesting - I've seen lots of Bee decks, but don't remember a narrow version. That CD cancellation was terminated, I think, in 1962 so deck likely 1950-1962 [has a post war 'feel' to me.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 04:12:07 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Interesting - I've seen lots of Bee decks, but don't remember a narrow version. That CD cancellation was terminated, I think, in 1962 so deck likely 1950-1962 [has a post war 'feel' to me.

I actually have a couple of packs of these, but post-tax era, with stickers to seal the decks as opposed to the old stamps.  The tuck boxes have the long flap on the lid.  The Aces of Spades (I opened a red deck and a blue one) have the exact same code on them, "E1400", when when combined with the rest of the evidence indicates that the deck was made in 1983.

I literally saw them on display in a game store that didn't sell very many packs of playing cards - it's possible they've been sitting on their shelves ever since they were made and delivered!  Perhaps I should go back and see if there's more.  They also had David Blaine magic decks for cheap, too.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 10:32:31 PM »

andrew daugherty

• 52 Plus Joker Member
I last purchased Bee narrows at the USPC outlet in the early 2000s.  They were phased out with the pinochle version of the Bees thereafter. Fronts are the standard Bee ace and jokers and the USPC bridge-sized faces as found on Congress or Bicycle narrows. USPC discontinued Aviator and Tally Ho bridge size about the same time IIRC.