Playing Card Advertising

Author (Read 543 times)

Playing Card Advertising
« on: April 15, 2014, 01:16:30 PM »

TheBadJoker

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Hello Everyone;

Thought I would give everyone a break from decks of cards and post a piece of playing card advertising which is often times rarer than the actual deck.  This piece advertises the "BEE" brand from NYCC and dates 1940-1950. It along with other playing card advertising and trade cards will be available in the upcoming Potter & Potter "Devil's Picture Book" auction May 31st & June 1st.

If any of you plan to attend the auction, there will be a wine & cheese preview party on Friday night May 30th.  Formal attire not required.  I will be signing copies of my book for those interested. Please let me know if you plan to be there as it will help us in ordering the wine, etc.  Come on Down!!!!

Re: Playing Card Advertising
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 11:42:20 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
When looking at this poster, folks, click once to see it in a separate window, then click AGAIN to see a super-close zoom of the image - you can see every details, from the yellow peeking out under the red pips to the backwards 5 on the bottom of the 5 of diamonds, near the tuck box!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Playing Card Advertising
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 12:24:23 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Hello Everyone;

Thought I would give everyone a break from decks of cards and post a piece of playing card advertising which is often times rarer than the actual deck.  This piece advertises the "BEE" brand from NYCC and dates 1940-1950. It along with other playing card advertising and trade cards will be available in the upcoming Potter & Potter "Devil's Picture Book" auction May 31st & June 1st.

If any of you plan to attend the auction, there will be a wine & cheese preview party on Friday night May 30th.  Formal attire not required.  I will be signing copies of my book for those interested. Please let me know if you plan to be there as it will help us in ordering the wine, etc.  Come on Down!!!!

This is going to be an exciting event. Hundreds of decks of vintage and antique playing cards, gambling memorabilia, ephemera, etc over two days PLUS a chance for all playing card enthusiasts to get together the night before for a preview of the lots, some food and drink and lots of playing card conversation.

Hope to see many of you Discourse members there!
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club