You are Here:
"12 Days of Xmas" Deck on Kickstarter NOW!!!!

Author (Read 2310 times)

"12 Days of Xmas" Deck on Kickstarter NOW!!!!
« on: November 07, 2019, 11:14:40 PM »

deckidea

• Newcomer
"12 Days of Christmas" playing card
A deck of playing card inspired by the famous Christmas Song, "12 Days of Christmas"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/twelvedaysofxmas/12-days-of-christmas-playing-card?ref=apovji

About
Hiya is Jason, I am excited to share with you my newly designed Christmas themed playing card "12 Days of Christmas".

The Concept
It's based on the "12 Days of Christmas" song, where each of the JQK represents one day of Christmas.
The song:
"On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, A partridge in a pear tree.
On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree......."

Features of the "12 Days of Xmas include:
Stylish illustration for the perfect Christmas Gift
Stylish Back fanning design, great for flourishing
Printed by MPC (M31 Linen Finish)
Timeline
So since it is very close to Christmas, and I have just finished the deck design  ;D I am thinking to make this a 12 days campaign. (Making it more relevant to the song I suppose.  :D)

Re: "12 Days of Xmas" Deck on Kickstarter NOW!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 11:18:27 PM »

deckidea

• Newcomer

Re: "12 Days of Xmas" Deck on Kickstarter NOW!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 03:05:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
"12 Days of Christmas" playing card
A deck of playing card inspired by the famous Christmas Song, "12 Days of Christmas"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/twelvedaysofxmas/12-days-of-christmas-playing-card?ref=apovji

About
Hiya is Jason, I am excited to share with you my newly designed Christmas themed playing card "12 Days of Christmas".

The Concept
It's based on the "12 Days of Christmas" song, where each of the JQK represents one day of Christmas.
The song:
"On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, A partridge in a pear tree.
On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree......."

Features of the "12 Days of Xmas include:
Stylish illustration for the perfect Christmas Gift
Stylish Back fanning design, great for flourishing
Printed by MPC (M31 Linen Finish)
Timeline
So since it is very close to Christmas, and I have just finished the deck design  ;D I am thinking to make this a 12 days campaign. (Making it more relevant to the song I suppose.  :D)

I'm looking at your Kickstarter - it doesn't look hopeful for reaching your goal in time.  7 days left and you're not even halfway to the finish line.

Consider a redesign.  Not a radical one, just a few simple details.

For one, most people prefer indices where the rank is on top of the suit pip, not the other way around.  Ranks tend to be the more important of the two in most card games.

For another, you might want to make the edges of the cards appear identical, both on the backs and on the faces.  If you make red cards red on the edge of the face and black cards green on the edge of the face, you'll be able to spot the red cards and black cards from the edge of the deck.

It looks like you might have been aiming for a cardistry audience to some degree.  Your back design is a bit too plain to attract some cardists and most collectors.  Jazz it up somehow, make it a little more visually interesting.

Lastly, you have the "Twelve Days of Christmas" theme, but you have your art mismatched with your ranks.  "Five golden rings" should be on the cards ranked 5, "Eight maids a-milking" should be ranked 8, etc.  Otherwise, it seems a little confusing.  And make the art unique on all of the cards, especially if you can find a way to do it with the proper suit pips - for example, maybe those eight maids a-milking would have clubs on their frocks for the eight of clubs, or the five golden rings will have spades engraved on them for the five of spades, etc.

You might want to re-tool this project and get it ready for a launch around September of next year, with as tight of a goal as you can muster - you could make a timetable that allows you to deliver the deck in time for the holiday season in 2020.  This year, however, that's not going to happen.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/