LTD. (Limited) Playing Cards from Ellusionist
« on: November 18, 2011, 03:11:22 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Im soooo excited right now! I found out EVERYTHING about the new Ellusionist releases, holiday contest, etc! THIS IS THE NEW DECK and if you read the description, I tell you how you can get it!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.319054674776143.97015.295728693775408&type=3&saved
 Please like the page too! Thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 02:56:51 PM by CBJ »

Re: LTD (Limited) Playing Cards from Ellusionist [A.K.A. "Christmas Deck"]
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:19:51 PM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
These are the only images I can find of the deck so far.  has anyone seen any shots of the faces?
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:37:29 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The only photos so far are those.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 03:55:02 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
5000 decks printed, and you have to pay $150 for a single deck as a gift? That's not too bad, except what will E do with all those leftover decks? I highly doubt that 5,000 people will place an order $150 or more in that short time span.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 03:56:56 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
as much as i like the deck there is no way im going to spend that much money to get ONLY one.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 04:03:48 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
5000 decks printed, and you have to pay $150 for a single deck as a gift? That's not too bad, except what will E do with all those leftover decks? I highly doubt that 5,000 people will place an order $150 or more in that short time span.
Thats exactly what i was thinking

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 04:04:44 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
as much as i like the deck there is no way im going to spend that much money to get ONLY one.
Its not like you are buying the deck for $150. You are buying a bunch of stuff and getting the deck free!

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 04:05:26 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I really like the simple box art.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Why was the title of the thread renamed? The deck is actually called:  LTD. (LIMITED.) Playing Cards

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Why was the title of the thread renamed? The deck is actually called:  LTD. (LIMITED.) Playing Cards

There is already another thread on this topic, but seeing as how this one brings to light very new information, I figured it was important to differentiate between the two threads for people casually browsing this forum.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 04:14:51 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
I really like the design of this deck. I will probably get this deck and a Gold Arcane deck then since it's going to be up on the free gifts. I wish I could actually buy this deck though, but that's ok.

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi

E is extremely clever.  You get this deck, guaranteed, for free, if you spend $150 is one fell swoop.  HOWEVER, every purchase you make of $25 or more enters you into a drawing that COULD net you a brick of these cards, or perhaps something even better. 

Every 1 purchase of $150 is a deck and a SINGLE entry.  Where $150 could potentially be split into 6 separate contest entries.
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

PoundFFFFFF

• Elite Member
I think the community agrees that "limited" is beginning to be a word in bad taste.

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

E is extremely clever.  You get this deck, guaranteed, for free, if you spend $150 is one fell swoop.  HOWEVER, every purchase you make of $25 or more enters you into a drawing that COULD net you a brick of these cards, or perhaps something even better. 

Every 1 purchase of $150 is a deck and a SINGLE entry.  Where $150 could potentially be split into 6 separate contest entries.
OHHHHH! Thats smart! lol.... but you are guaranteed a deck if you just spend the $150 in one order

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 04:34:11 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Its not like you are buying the deck for $150. You are buying a bunch of stuff and getting the deck free!

No, its not free. you are spending 150 to get the deck. "there's no such thing as a free lunch."

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
Yea, but the $150 is towards the stuff you buy!!!

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thank you. Thats what I was trying to say lol

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Very disappointed with this.  I was expecting more.

And the word limited is getting annoying, very very annoying.

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Heres a pic of the pips! I really like the shade of red they used! And the red gray contrast looks incredible!

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Thank you. Thats what I was trying to say lol

and towards the ltd deck. its not free. you are still paying for it.

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
let's play with what-ifs...

IF.. they were able to get all these decks gone with this promotion...

5000 people taking advantage of this by purchasing at least $150 worth of products...

that's mean they would sell a minimum 5000 X $150 = $750,000 worth of goods during this promotion.

Brilliant marketing.

and if you think that it's not possible for them to accomplish this...  remember that they have 72,000 people following them on Facebook, and some collectors would make multiple purchase just to get more decks.

Anyway, I'm still going to pass.  I have more than enough Ellusionist products... unless I waited and purchased $150 worth of Infinity decks!

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
let's play with what-ifs...

IF.. they were able to get all these decks gone with this promotion...

5000 people taking advantage of this by purchasing at least $150 worth of products...

that's mean they would sell a minimum 5000 X $150 = $750,000 worth of goods during this promotion.

Brilliant marketing.

and if you think that it's not possible for them to accomplish this...  remember that they have 72,000 people following them on Facebook, and some collectors would make multiple purchase just to get more decks.

Anyway, I'm still going to pass.  I have more than enough Ellusionist products... unless I waited and purchased $150 worth of Infinity decks!

CBJ
Theres no way that  they are going to sell them all in this short promotion!

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I think they should allow you to do this deal with every tier over $150 so that way you could get up to three in one purchase.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ok so im kinda dissapointed in E for making it a "free" gift when you buy that much, i believe this is there way to sell product.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

Xntrix

• True Member

• Facebook:
Slightly disappointed that word about these got out before release. Disappointed because - things change right up to the moment of release. We'll do mock ups of pages and toss things around, we'll change our minds on prices and free gift tiers, we'll add more incentives to certain things, package things together or put a hold in things entirely. With this information out there now however, things are set in stone - so while there may have been talk of just given away with every contest entry - it'll now just be that. Talk. Now I say only 'slightly' because really - free marketing is free marketing. We prefer to do things on our terms, so that the information that is disseminated is at least correct, but given we're not behind the hype on these, free marketing is free marketing.

There's been times over the last three months when things have 'supposedly leaked' - and have turned out to be dead wrong. Ellusionist as a business releases information, pictures and content that we know to be correct to trusted sources - sites like 52Cartes, TheCardist and forums like these. Just saying - there's a reason we do things the way we do.

All that aside, and with our hand forced and set in stone - The Ltd. Deck will only be available between Nov. 22nd and Dec 31st, ONLY as a Free Gift in the $150 tier or Contest Giveaway Prize. Could we sell them for $7 a pop and make a better margin on them?
Sure. Are we going to? No. Why only at the $150 tier? Because we decided that's where we're going to place them. This is a limited deck. We're not randomly selling an arbitrary number of them. We're not having limited sale windows. We're giving them away to our customers. We just as easily could have said 'We'll give you 1 entry for every $25 you spend in store' - and moved more product then simply saying 'We'll give you a free gift at a certain level' - something we've been doing for the last year. All we've done is added and extra choice at a certain level. And people aren't happy about that? I think it's something that some people might want to have another think about.

They are a limited deck - just like Gold Arcane, Like Red Artifice, Like Black Ghost 1st Edition - only these not only have a limited quantity, but they are also for a limited time. They do not have a counterpart - like the other three decks, they were created to be in and of themselves. The other three decks sit at the $350 level. To be perfectly honest - we couldn't have made it much easier to get a deck. Pure Smoke and a Deck of Infinity's. Boom. You're done.

If I seem harsh in my comments above - certainly not my intention. My intention was simply to set things straight. I may be slightly bitter over some comments, with all the work we've put in over the last year, the ways we've given back - unlike any other company out there - only to have it denigrated? Well, it's a tough pill to swallow, and one I bear personally.

Any questions, comments or feedback - my door is always open.

-Jake

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:59:08 PM by Xntrix »
To enquire about Ellusionist sponsorship,  provide feedback or just have a chat - please email me at Jake {at} ellusionist.com