You are Here:
VJose32 Playing Cards (Etsy)...Wait, (Etsy)??

Author (Read 3724 times)

VJose32 Playing Cards (Etsy)...Wait, (Etsy)??
« on: December 16, 2013, 06:28:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm kind of surprised that no one has noticed Card Collector/VJose32/Victor Jose Miranda's new deck!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/167088165/the-vjose32-deck-of-cards

I'd swear those courts bear a striking resemblance to the courts from Bicycle Voyager.

Listen to this ringing endorsement from the creator:

This deck was inspired by my playing card themed Youtube channel and Facebook group by Ade Suryana! Very limited quantities, only 25 available for sale for now and only 36 to be printed for the time being! Get them while you can.

And now, the disclaimer...

They didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, ended up with much bigger borders, but it's still pretty good nonetheless.

Would you pay the going rate of $13.09 for this deck?  (And you guys thought Fulton's Chinatown selling at $8.88 was odd...)

Everyone, get your super-duper-califragilisticexpialidociously rare deck TODAY!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:29:45 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: VJose32 Playing Cards (Etsy)...Wait, (Etsy)??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 08:07:14 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I heard about the deck on one of his YouTube videos. Yes, I shamefully admit to watching some of his YouTube videos. I don't watch them because his videos are good, I watch them because he actually provides a unique service to the community. He's the only knucklehead who buys every single deck released and opens ALL for review. Most times there is a deck that I'm not willing to buy myself but still want to get a closer look at. That's when his reviews and unboxing videos I've seen are actually useful. The word hoarding comes to mind.

The ad card surprised me a bit. I'm wondering how he got someone to design this for him and how much it cost him? I did not think it was worth discussing. What are these super limited decks going for on eBay? LOL
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:20:41 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 09:33:44 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Because it Vjose the guy who wines about everything. Of course we are not going to care about his deck. Honestly I have no interest in them, especially for that price.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 10:02:31 AM »

adhex5150

• True Member
Hey guys, I'm the designer of the deck  :)
It's actually a design contest from his facebook group, winner getting the deck to be printed.
I won the contest and Victor printed the deck.
From what I knew, he only print it in a small quantity, and ended with a such prize.

The deck was printed with a bigass border  :o, instead of thin border from the original design,
and it only came with a plain window tuckbox.

Here's some pics of the deck  :)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:05:31 AM by adhex5150 »
"Behind every great King there's a great Queen"
www.threeofclubs.net
Aquila Playing Card : https://www.facebook.com/AquilaPlayingCards

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 11:18:53 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
US shipping is $9.70 on the $13.10 deck.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
It's actually a design contest from his facebook group, winner getting the deck to be printed.
I won the contest and Victor printed the deck.
From what I knew, he only print it in a small quantity, and ended with a such prize.

The deck was printed with a bigass border  :o, instead of thin border from the original design,
and it only came with a plain window tuckbox.

Here's some pics of the deck  :)

Really? This thread gets better and better!

I don't know if I should be congratulating you or feeling sorry for you? I can't imagine someone who is serious about design entering a vjose32 contest. I hope the prize was worth it.

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 01:14:57 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
hahahahaha vjose32 cards  what's next????..... Sprouts115 cards?   Oh wait that's right  :t11: :t11:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 01:15:18 PM by badpete69 »

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 01:49:23 PM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular
hahahahaha vjose32 cards  what's next????..... Sprouts115 cards?   Oh wait that's right  :t11: :t11:

HAHA! Well, at least sprouts has a vision, however acid-induced it may be  :D

PS. These smileys are terribad...
- Tom

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 06:59:35 PM »

adhex5150

• True Member
Really? This thread gets better and better!

I don't know if I should be congratulating you or feeling sorry for you? I can't imagine someone who is serious about design entering a vjose32 contest. I hope the prize was worth it.

I actually like to enter a deck design contest, and this is the 2nd time I won after the Bicycle Club 808 September Contest  ;)

How about badpete69 deck in bROWN & pURPLE  :t11:

www.threeofclubs.net

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 07:26:11 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
ooo I like em   Go ahead  produce them  i will pledge for 69 decks

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 07:36:22 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Isn't that the YT guy who, like John B mentioned, whines about eeeeeverything?
Forum Founder.

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 07:56:19 PM »

vmagic

First of all, I didn't design the cards, Ade did, and everyone in my group was in favor of the decks and the art was voted on by them. As Ade mentioned he also won a design contest with Club 808.

As for the ad and the borders, I made the comment to be honest about the cards, unlike say the Blue Crown who screw up and don't mention anything at all. On a side note one of the cards was also missing an index which was missed by everyone involved, whoops.

As for the price, sorry i'm doing the best I can. As it stands I won't even break even on this project. 3 bricks of decks ended up costing just over $600 including shipping and UPS fees through Ad Magic. I'm simply trying to recoup some of my expenses and despite the price have sold some decks. Unlike Dan & Dave and others i'm not using this as a cash grab!

I heard about the deck on one of his YouTube videos. Yes, I shamefully admit to watching some of his YouTube videos. I don't watch them because his videos are good, I watch them because he actually provides a unique service to the community. He's the only knucklehead who buys every single deck released and opens ALL for review. Most times there is a deck that I'm not willing to buy myself but still want to get a closer look at. That's when his reviews and unboxing videos I've seen are actually useful. The word hoarding comes to mind.

The ad card surprised me a bit. I'm wondering how he got someone to design this for him and how much it cost him? I did not think it was worth discussing. What are these super limited decks going for on eBay? LOL

I do not buy every single deck that is released but do buy a fair share. I'm also no hoarder. Sure I do have about 1200 decks right now but they nearly all unique unlike some folks who have 2 or 3 bricks of the same decks. I know several of you also have hundreds of decks and some of you have many more than that.

I also don't whine about everything and I have a good following of magician and collector friends.

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 08:16:23 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
you have a negative 41 rep, that does not happen because you post informative good post, that happens when you bitch and complain because a business does what a business does.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 09:55:28 PM »

vmagic

Well at least I don't nitpick on every deck like some people do. And I have been complaining a lot less about stuff. I'm also far from the only person here or elsewhere that complains about stuff. I don't know how or why it is I got that rating or how that works.

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 10:11:14 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Because the only post we see are when you complain, we dont see any productive post. also I dont know how my reputation is so good. I know I have made some crappy post expecting it to go down.

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 10:25:20 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
It looks well designed, save for the big ass borders and the silly box.

I like the monogram and I like the custom pips. But that joker just seems so hilariously out of place.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:25:52 PM by MrMollusk »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 10:53:07 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Because it Vjose the guy who wines about everything. Of course we are not going to care about his deck. Honestly I have no interest in them, especially for that price.

I do not buy every single deck that is released but do buy a fair share. I'm also no hoarder. Sure I do have about 1200 decks right now but they nearly all unique unlike some folks who have 2 or 3 bricks of the same decks. I know several of you also have hundreds of decks and some of you have many more than that.

I also don't whine about everything and I have a good following of magician and collector friends.

you have a negative 41 rep, that does not happen because you post informative good post, that happens when you bitch and complain because a business does what a business does.

Well at least I don't nitpick on every deck like some people do. And I have been complaining a lot less about stuff. I'm also far from the only person here or elsewhere that complains about stuff. I don't know how or why it is I got that rating or how that works.

Because the only post we see are when you complain, we dont see any productive post. also I dont know how my reputation is so good. I know I have made some crappy post expecting it to go down.

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 11:39:58 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Badpete cards: only two colors?

Most monitors/video cards can display 16.7 million colors. I am anxiously awaiting the deck that provides 16.7 million decks to address the colors that never get representation. As a collector, I am making room for the 16.7MM deck set.

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 12:12:15 AM »

adhex5150

• True Member
ooo I like em   Go ahead  produce them  i will pledge for 69 decks

31 out of 100 early bird pledge left, who's next???  ???

Badpete cards: only two colors?

Most monitors/video cards can display 16.7 million colors. I am anxiously awaiting the deck that provides 16.7 million decks to address the colors that never get representation. As a collector, I am making room for the 16.7MM deck set.

here you go  :t11:

At least you can save 16699999 space for a 16.7 million color deck  ::)
www.threeofclubs.net

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 02:06:10 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Holy crap, it's been a long time since I've laughed this hard.  I think I wet myself!  :))

Victor, I do apologize if the gang's been a little harsh, but they have a valid point about your postings, not just here but on Facebook.  It seems like whenever someone does anything at a deck-making company, good, bad or indifferent, you're there to rain on the parade and usually for no just reason, so yes, you end up with a negative reputation when that happens.  Remember the kid who freaked out on FB over how "expensive" the Summer Club over at TBC was (while the real reason was that he simply couldn't buy it), then he got doubly freaked out when everyone started commenting about his freak-out?  The Internet has a longer memory than most people realize, and that's the kind of person people have seen you as - a whiner without a cause.

If you're serious about turning over a new leaf, just say so - and more importantly, DO SO.  Everyone but dyed-in-the-wool sociopaths have the capacity to change for the better.  While there's always a few hardcore people who never forget anything and hold grudges like I breathe air, most people will look more at the person you've become rather than the person you were.  Make an effort to see the positive as well, and give credit where it's due.  The old expression about luring more flies with honey than with vinegar holds true when it comes to human interactions, especially in a forum where all we generally see of anyone is their words.

Given time, your reputation number will come out of the basement if your change is genuine.  When it finally reaches one, feel free to post your decks for sale here.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:07:20 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2013, 10:38:29 AM »

GBAllison

• Forum Regular
First of all, I didn't design the cards, Ade did, and everyone in my group was in favor of the decks and the art was voted on by them. As Ade mentioned he also won a design contest with Club 808.

It's actually a design contest from his facebook group, winner getting the deck to be printed. I won the contest and Victor printed the deck. From what I knew, he only print it in a small quantity, and ended with a such prize.

So I realize that talking about the deck itself is probably off-topic by now :-) ... but where *did* you get the courts artwork for this deck?  They look exactly like (not just sort of like) the Bicycle Voyager.

I will say that I was disappointed in some of those courts ... no suicide king, not enough one eyed jacks, adding a one eyed queen, no axe for the KoD ... I love the alternate design, especially with a clean white background and the nicked up pips, but when you build something that has that classic feel ... ah well.

And finally, this is obviously a short run ... where were they printed?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:50:41 AM by GBAllison »

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »

see_squared

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular

How about badpete69 deck in bROWN & pURPLE  :t11:

This looks like Blaine's Split Spades...split up....and rotated.

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2013, 12:38:16 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
I know it does. That was my first reaction.  i really think I would love to have my own deck now hehehe

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2013, 09:17:04 PM »

adhex5150

• True Member
So I realize that talking about the deck itself is probably off-topic by now :-) ... but where *did* you get the courts artwork for this deck?  They look exactly like (not just sort of like) the Bicycle Voyager.

I will say that I was disappointed in some of those courts ... no suicide king, not enough one eyed jacks, adding a one eyed queen, no axe for the KoD ... I love the alternate design, especially with a clean white background and the nicked up pips, but when you build something that has that classic feel ... ah well.

And finally, this is obviously a short run ... where were they printed?

Thanks!

I found it somewhere on the internet, it's similar with the Voyager's court. I thought Cage Garden and Truth Garden use the same courts too.

When I entering the contest I have another alternative court design which is standart court with custom face, but Victor choose the classic courts to go with the deck. It's printed by Ad Magic as Victor said above  :)

This looks like Blaine's Split Spades...split up....and rotated.

I know it does. That was my first reaction.  i really think I would love to have my own deck now hehehe

Yes it's the Blaine's Split Spade, I just playing with that  :)

www.threeofclubs.net

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Bicycle Voyager got those courts from an antique Italian deck, if I'm not mistaken.  So it's borrowing from the past, not copyright violation!  :))