You are Here:
De'vo's Blades, Blood Edition

Author (Read 32856 times)

Re: De'vo's Blades, Blood Edition
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2012, 05:42:14 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Both the White and Midnights Both state 1st edition on the barcode and De'vo has stated they will not be reprinted so I wouldn't hold your breath for a second edition blood release. I really hope I'm wrong as I missed out on these.

On the previous page someone quoted De'vo as having said if this was a popular run he'd make a second run.

Yeah I read that, when the Whites and Midnights were released De'vo would keep saying he "Might" reprint them or he was "Unsure" whether to or not. Despite alot of people asking for them to be reprinted he decided that they wouldn't be reprinted.

Like I said, I hope i'm wrong.
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2012, 09:54:36 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Handlords facebook a few days ago:
Blood Metals and another small run of the blood edtions will be here on Monday. Won't be for sale though until the Porpers get here. In a couple of weeks (hopefully)

Handlordz Facebook last night:

BLOOD METAL BLADES AND THE 2ND BLOOD EDITION RUN ARE HERE! First thoughts - We liked the 1rst run of the Blood Edition but De'vo wanted to improve the handling. We worked with the USPC and these 2nd runs handle like a dream! These 2nd runs have quickly climbed on De'vo's list of favorite cards. You have to try these out! The Blood Metal boxes have been completely reprinted and are beautiful. The cards themselves look awesome! You do need to break them in for a good 30 minutes as the gilding causes them to stick and clump badly. Once you peel them apart and separate them through shuffles etc... they actually handle decently. Although these cards are more for show than action. These awesome cards will be for sale once the Blood Porper clips and the 20 Blood Wood Boxes arrive at our store.

I am very happy about this, I love the blood blades and will be picking a few more bloods up. And probably 2 Blood Metals.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:58:20 PM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2012, 10:00:28 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
That's great. De'vo has a reputation for selling decks that handle very well, and it seems like he'll keep it.

« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
As much as I don't like De'vo, I must say, his decks handle great. I won't be getting the seconds edition blades blood but I may get the blood metal just so I can try out a gilded deck.

« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2012, 03:23:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
As much as I don't like De'vo, I must say, his decks handle great. I won't be getting the seconds edition blades blood but I may get the blood metal just so I can try out a gilded deck.

Don't expect too much.  The best gilded decks tend to not perform as well as the worst non-gilded ones.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2012, 04:29:29 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen

Don't expect too much.  The best gilded decks tend to not perform as well as the worst non-gilded ones.
i know that gilded deck sucks .. but de'vo mention they handle better i doubt that he would lie to us

« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2012, 06:12:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

i know that gilded deck sucks .. but de'vo mention they handle better i doubt that he would lie to us

Better than what?  A stick of butter?  A dirty diaper?  A Yugo?

And they make a MESS as the metallic paint flakes off of the card edges.  It gets everywhere.  That's what gilded decks are like.  I was never a fan of them - pretty to look at, not so much fun to use.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Thus the reason De'vo keeps pushing that this deck is for collecting, not for using.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2012, 11:47:48 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:

He didn't say they handled well. Here is what he said, and I quote:
"You do need to break them in for a good 30 minutes as the gilding causes them to stick and clump badly. Once you peel them apart and separate them through shuffles etc... they actually handle decently."
Which means they aren't the worse deck ever but they aren't close to being good either.