A knife sold by Dan and Dave
« on: May 08, 2012, 02:18:28 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Sup guys?   :)

Found this in D&D's culture section a day or two ago and I thought I'd share it.
Dan and Dave have put up for sale a knife, more specifically, the Card Sharp Knife.
Although it does say coming soon, I believe you can purchase it.

http://shop.dananddave.com/culture/cardsharp-utility-knife.html
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

Re: A knife sold by Dan and Dave
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 02:29:08 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
What practical applications could this have besides self defense? Opening a deck with your fingers results in a cleaner cut than that knife, it seems. And using a razor blade or a box cutter is the preferred method for perfect precision.

I mean, what else would you do with this? Shank your skeptics during a performance? "Oh, the card was on top the whole time, eh?" *stab*

It looks very cool, I'm just not sure why it's being sold by the twins.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 02:38:53 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I do think that this is pretty cool. I've heard that the knife is quite sharp. It could be used as a magician's handy tool. Apart from stabbing people, Alex. ;) It could be used for creating gimmicks, opening packages or opening decks. And the fact that it is the size and thickness of a credit card could be beneficial. :)
Joker and the Thief

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 02:58:51 AM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Dan and Dave - Now selling any item the same general size of a playing card ;)
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 03:20:39 AM »

frostchew

Overview - "Hey guys, here's a cool looking sharp knife for you! Small and sleek enough to keep in your wallet so that when your spectators figure out your trick you can stab them and make sure they don't spill your secret! Crafted from high grade steel by our expert materials engineer, these are limited to 100 sets. So get yours now before they run out!"

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 04:08:03 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I love how the age-check is a check box. =P
Forum Founder.

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 04:39:22 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I dunno about it being relevant for the twins, but I think I like it too much to get myself to give a damn. :P
If the blade is a quality one, then I have nothing against it.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 04:46:15 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
You know, If you googled the amount of f**ks I give about Dan and Dave products that aren't cards or card related, you would not find it!
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 04:47:25 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Well, that's certainly a very dangerous looking, easy to conceal blade.  I'm pretty sure that'd be illegal in a lot of countries.

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 04:52:14 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
You know, If you googled the amount of f**ks I give about Dan and Dave products that aren't cards or card related, you would not find it!
Oh, look, I did:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0_%28number%29

Well, that's certainly a very dangerous looking, easy to conceal blade.  I'm pretty sure that'd be illegal in a lot of countries.
Hmm right, I'd have to check the laws in Canada before ordering one if I ever had the extra money to spend on it. Then again, the definition of a "concealed" weapon would be a little too vague in some cases. The blade isn't any more hidden than that of most pocket knives.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 06:25:57 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Yeah, if I got caught with one of these, I'd get 4 years in prison and an unlimited fine.  There's a complete ban on concealed knives i.e. anything not immediately recognisable as a knife.  It also has a blade longer than 3 inches, which is totally illegal as well.  You can't really carry a knife without some kind of legitimate excuse for doing so, anyway.  Whatever; I'm not a fan of knives.  I have kitchen knives that do whatever I need and lighter fluid works great for self defence.

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 07:07:20 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I don't think Dan and Dave are selling these with the intentions of people going to use them for self defense. Most likely a tool. Although I'd like to know how they are going to get them into other countries  :-\
Joker and the Thief

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 07:58:22 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
They won't get them into a bunch of other countries.  Probably don't need to at that price.

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 09:26:37 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i think the one sold at ebay are much cheaper and look better too

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I have one of those already. They have nothing to do with Dan & Dave. I use it as a backup and have it in my wallet. (I have a small collection of knives and have had one in my pocket pretty much every day of my life since I was 12). The cardsharp is a very cool little thing, but more of a novelty that a usable tool. It takes a little while to "open" but does work pretty well once you get it unfolded.

I might also note that it was $19.95 when I got it from knifecenter.com
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 02:42:26 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I don't think Dan and Dave are selling these with the intentions of people going to use them for self defense. Most likely a tool.

This is a terrible knife for self defense. "You want my wallet? Hold on while I unfold this inconspicuous piece of plastic."

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I have one of those already. They have nothing to do with Dan & Dave. I use it as a backup and have it in my wallet. (I have a small collection of knives and have had one in my pocket pretty much every day of my life since I was 12). The cardsharp is a very cool little thing, but more of a novelty that a usable tool. It takes a little while to "open" but does work pretty well once you get it unfolded.

I might also note that it was $19.95 when I got it from knifecenter.com

Very useful info. Leads me back to wondering why D&D are selling this. I guess self-defense is out of the question if it takes so long to open. I figured it would open with the speed of a butterfly knife.

Ahh well, still very handy to have.

The Cardsharp still costs $20 on Knifecenter.com, here is the link.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 03:27:56 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular
  • "Heres to those actually in the arena..."

• Facebook:
I have a few knives like this. They really serve me no purpose at all in any part of my life. EXCEPT they are quite cool to show off to my friends. They actually do draw some attention from your crowd if you pull and fold a knife from your wallet...or from inside a deck box (which i have done before).

Now thinking about it I could come up with a routine for my knives...hmm TO THE DRAWING BOARD!! away!!!
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on his ability to climb a tree it will go its whole life thinking it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 03:54:36 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
The knife looks pretty awesome. Anyways, we all know that D&D have a tendency to release products competely irrelevant to playing cards and find a way to tie them in with their decks...
Alex, you were saying that a deck is better opened with you finger/nail than with a knife. I second that. However I usually use either a compass tip that isn't too sharp or an exacto-knife and manage to open the seal in an almost perfectly round manner.

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 08:58:32 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
So something to add to the lotions and bottle opener. :P hahahhaa!
I would much prefer the Filipino Balisong. ^-^ cooler... nuf said.
So this Card Sharp thing is just for opening decks? (of course Im being sarcastic).
Anyway, I hope they dont sell coasters next. :(

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 09:06:28 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i personally think that the lotion is not so bad .. but the bottle opener and knife are completely worthless though

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 09:23:35 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
i personally think that the lotion is not so bad .. but the bottle opener and knife are completely worthless though

Haha I use Chili lotion. And it is literally SPICY and HOT on the skin hahahaha! :p and its less than half the price of DD's lotions. hahaha :P
Just saying. But hey, its something for the die hard fans.
I wouldn't mind getting a bottle of lotion just to try it out.

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Haha I used aloe vera lotion. It's really nice and soft! Getting back on track, who bought this knife?

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 12:48:44 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
The knife is actually cool... I rather like some of the non-card related items they offer such as the Ace of Spades Bottle Opener... It sits in my drawer and not one person's ever used it without having said something nice about it...

What's not cool is showing us a pic of how they're cutting open a deck of $40 Special Seal Fulton's to demonstrate the cutting power of the blade...  I thought in some odd way it was a bit disrespectful...