Jacks & Jokers playing cards

Author (Read 3924 times)

Jacks & Jokers playing cards
« on: February 05, 2012, 09:04:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Has anyone purchased this deck?  I was curious, but it's a $10 deck and practically everything J&J sells is overpriced.  I figured there was a good chance the same held true for these cards.  Any level of customization beyond the backs?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Jacks & Jokers playing cards
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 09:51:47 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I have the deck. For me, having the deck is essential for my collection.  I have decks from what I feel are great collaborations with USPCC / Bicycle... Jacks & Jokers, OriginalFake, BAPE, Bearbrick, Clot, & Johhny Cupcakes.  Jacks & Jokers is recognized by USPCC as the first official clothing line for the company, and they couldn't have chosen a better company in all the garment industry to represent them.  If you have opened up a deck of new Bicycle Playing Cards recently, a Jacks & Jokers card is actually enclosed!  Yes, this is a high end shirt, but to me worth every penny.  The shirts are executed flawlessly, as are the hats, which are mainly the two items I wear.  I have a number of each and forget about the compliments I get, the fact that they're softer than my Lacoste or Ralph Lauren, with fashion chic that represents my passion... What more could I ask for? I bought some things for my wife and let me tell you, she rocks them.  She looks fine as hell wrapped up in exceptional clothing adorned with the iconic images.  Back to the cards... I believe they will be releasing another deck in the future with a more intricate design, which will make these a first release and they are limited as well.  Thus, I don't see how you could not own at least one deck of Jacks & Jokers...

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:58:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I have the deck. For me, having the deck is essential for my collection.  I have decks from what I feel are great collaborations with USPCC / Bicycle... Jacks & Jokers, OriginalFake, BAPE, Bearbrick, Clot, & Johhny Cupcakes.  Jacks & Jokers is recognized by USPCC as the first official clothing line for the company, and they couldn't have chosen a better company in all the garment industry to represent them.  If you have opened up a deck of new Bicycle Playing Cards recently, a Jacks & Jokers card is actually enclosed!  Yes, this is a high end shirt, but to me worth every penny.  The shirts are executed flawlessly, as are the hats, which are mainly the two items I wear.  I have a number of each and forget about the compliments I get, the fact that they're softer than my Lacoste or Ralph Lauren, with fashion chic that represents my passion... What more could I ask for? I bought some things for my wife and let me tell you, she rocks them.  She looks fine as hell wrapped up in exceptional clothing adorned with the iconic images.  Back to the cards... I believe they will be releasing another deck in the future with a more intricate design, which will make these a first release and they are limited as well.  Thus, I don't see how you could not own at least one deck of Jacks & Jokers...

Wow, that's a mouthful!  More specifically, I was curious about the deck's performance, quality and customization.  Limited edition is nice, but limited edition of something really worth owning and using is even better!

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 10:35:04 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

Man, you sound like you work for the company lol

You almost make me want to buy a $60-65 t-shirt with basic printing on it...

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 11:26:12 AM »

anep21

• Elite Member
i would consider buying if they show the back and face design

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 11:47:45 AM »

Masque

• True Member
i would consider buying if they show the back and face design
Looking at the photos they have on their site, I suspect they do not show the cards because they did not have them to photograph. That tuck box is taped together, and looks like a sample. It's empty.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer

Man, you sound like you work for the company lol

You almost make me want to buy a $60-65 t-shirt with basic printing on it...

CBJ

Hah I'm with you on that! I haven't got the deck yet and for a second there I was gonna place an order for it with a t-shirt or two!

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 12:09:19 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
i did a quick search on google but couldn't find any links, can anyone provide some links please?  :)
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 12:21:30 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
i did a quick search on google but couldn't find any links, can anyone provide some links please?  :)

I'm not sure how you could miss it. Type in Jacks & Jokers and it should be the first link, it's harder to miss than to find it.  :o

But nonetheless, here it is.
http://www.jacksandjokers.com/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 12:21:38 PM by sxjy0109 »

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 12:32:42 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity

I'm not sure how you could miss it. Type in Jacks & Jokers and it should be the first link, it's harder to miss than to find it.  :o

Should I reasonably doubt that jmrock was in one of the advertising photos? :o

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 01:26:31 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Good stuff... I'm telling you, without sounding like an ad, the shirts are some of the softest and nicest that I have (in the way of T-Shirts) and I like to dress... And none of you can argue with the truly awesome designs of our beloved cards incorporated into them... Look, I'll post some pics of the deck (no pics of me - or my wife modeling the clothes) hahaha... I admit that these are not winning the design of the year award... However, I previously stated my reasons for buying them and explained what category in my collection they fit in... I did debate buying them, but when I look at the relationship between the two companies, I felt the need to own a deck...

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 01:27:46 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
What??? You thought I just collected vintage decks???

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 03:18:04 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
After seeing your pics, I consider retrieving some decks that I had sold >:( >:(

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »

vmagic

I have ordered this deck myself and will review it soon after I receive it, probably this week sometime on my youtube channel, youtube.com/user/vjose32

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 08:18:27 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?

thanks!  :D  perhaps it was because i included playing cards and clicked on pictures which gave me lots of jacks and joker playing cards..  ???

the tuck box look splendid, really tempted to add one to my collection!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:45:01 AM by K »

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 02:08:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

thanks!  :D  perhaps it was because i included playing cards and clicked on pictures which gave me lots of jacks and joker playing cards..  ???

the cards look splendid, really tempted to add one to my collection!

Now, for the Sixty-Four Dollar Question...

Where did you actually SEE the cards?  Because all I saw either there or here was the tuck box...

I honestly had no idea either way, but I was kinda hoping you'd be showing us the actual cards and not just the sealed box!  Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty box - it just doesn't tell me anything about what the cards look like and how they handle.

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 02:43:37 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?

the cards look splendid, really tempted to add one to my collection!

Now, for the Sixty-Four Dollar Question...

Where did you actually SEE the cards?  Because all I saw either there or here was the tuck box...

I honestly had no idea either way, but I was kinda hoping you'd be showing us the actual cards and not just the sealed box!  Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty box - it just doesn't tell me anything about what the cards look like and how they handle.

damn it, edit: tuck box.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
but i'm assuming that they're standard bicycle cards, i got this from their website.. 'Standard 54 Count Deck of Playing Cards.' perhaps we could ask jmrock or wait for vmagic to receive his/her deck and  do a deck review.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:44:23 AM by K »

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 03:10:53 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah it is a nice looking box, but it's the cards that matter. I want to see what the AoS looks like and the court cards. If it's a standard deck with only minimal customization I'll be disappointed.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 04:05:52 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I incite him to open his decks so many times but still in vain >:(

@jmrock, that's the difference between you and vmagic and now you should understand why Pokerstud52 wants to sponsor him instead of you or others, hahaha :P

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 05:07:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I incite him to open his decks so many times but still in vain >:(

@jmrock, that's the difference between you and vmagic and now you should understand why Pokerstud52 wants to sponsor him instead of you or others, hahaha :P

Exactly how does a sponsorship work, anyway?

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 06:08:43 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@Don, I don't know actually. I heard vmagic say Pokerstud52 is his sponsor several times and thought it is funny and a good chance to tease jmrock... ???

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 06:12:51 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer

Ahh it was a long, heated discussion on UC. Some of us here would probably know about it but I'd rather not talk about it in details.  :-X

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 08:36:41 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
@Don, I don't know actually. I heard vmagic say Pokerstud52 is his sponsor several times and thought it is funny and a good chance to tease jmrock... ???

Ahh it was a long, heated discussion on UC. Some of us here would probably know about it but I'd rather not talk about it in details.  :-X

Drat and double drat!  I was curious to know what it entailed, the benefits, the drawbacks, etc.

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 01:35:16 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Drat and double drat!  I was curious to know what it entailed, the benefits, the drawbacks, etc.

I don't think it's fair for vmagic because I think he MIGHT have learnt his lesson as he's already editted his post in that particular thread in UC. Although he didn't state clearly in words for his apologies, nor did he speak in an appropriate tone, he did back down from the argument. You may be better off asking him directly if you really want to know.

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 01:51:45 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
If I get to see the face cards, and I end up liking them, I might buy these!