Off Topic Chat > The Conversation Parlor

Contest Topic! Post Contests HERE!

(1/31) > >>

MSimonart:
This is a list of Contests.

If you have found a new contest, please comment below, I'll add it to the list. To post a new contest, you have to put in this information:

* Beginning time + Ending Time
* What you have to do
* Prizes to be won (if there are)
* An Url to the contest

The list

Companies

SNC (Saturday Night Contest)
Next Sunday: 21/07 (July 21st)

HOPC Monthly Contest

* Begins: Every first day of a month --> Ends: Every last day of the month --> July raffle starts 06/07 (July 7th)

* Each Product you buy = One Entry to their contest. Free Entry: e-mail 'Contest' to info(at)houseofplayingcards(dot)com
* One Deck of Jerry's Nugget
* HOPC Site
52 Plus Joker

* Begins: 05/07 (July 5th) at 10am EDT --> Ends: 05/08 (August 8th) at 10am EDT
* Fill in the form (Name, E-mail, Phone)
* One winner will receive a free registration to the 2012 52 Plus Joker Convention including the closing banquet ticket, paid hotel for 3 nights, 1 year's free membership to 52 Plus Joker as well as being an honored guest at the USPCC tour on Thursday September 13th, 2012.
* Contest Page
Theory11 Exposé --> no contest this week

Hornet Deck

Tune Deck

* 15/07 (July 15th) --> 01/10 (October the 1st)
* Best Propaganda vid
* One Brick of Blue Tune + One Brick of White Tune + One Uncut Sheet of Blue Tune + One Uncut Sheet of White Tune
* Unknown
Oriental Playing Cards

Ellusionist

* 19/07 (July 19th) --> 25/07 (July 25th)
* Beginner: Make a video --> First trick you've ever done (do it the same you did your first time), then show how good you are now by doing the same trick, but with the skills you have now
* Gold Arcane (+ alot more prizes)
* E Facebook App
Youtube

AndyFieldMagic
1st contest

* Begins: 02/07 (July 2nd) --> Ends: the next uploaded video (unknown)
* Comment: 6 of spades, 5 of clubs, 9 of clubs, 9 of spades
* Bicycle Purple Deck
* Youtube Video2nd contest

* 13/07 (July 13th) --> Unknown
* Comment with the deck you want (randomly choosen)
* Gargoyles/White Ghost/Phantom/Red Rider Back/Guardians/White Raider/Sentinels/Black Tiger/Phoenix/Spider
* Youtube Video
Vjose32

* Begins: 15/06 (June 15th) --> Ends: 31/07 (July 31st)
* Best card trick (max 5 min)
* Prizes:

* 3rd and 2nd Place
Shoutout + Move on to next round
* 1st Place
Shoutout + Move on to next round + Blades Blood Edition or Pro Cardistry Deck
* Youtube Video
JohnnySamoa

* Begins: 26/06 (June 26th) --> Ends: 28/07 (July 28th)
* Post a video of a card trick
* 5 Winners: One Blue and One Red Bicycle Standards (both signed by JohnnySamoa)
* Youtube Video
SalsaShoeProductions

WTFBlackMagic

* Begins: 05/07 (July 5th) --> Ends: 06/08 (August 6th)
* Magic vid (rules in db)
* Prizes:

* 3rd place: Bicycle Rejuvenate or Bicycle Pink deck + 4 separate cards
* 2nd place: One Blue Tally-Ho + One Scorpion deck + 4 separate cards + Special trick card
* 1st place: One Karnival Hornet + One Rainbow + his own personalized deck + 4 separate cards + one black Friction-pen + Extreme Burn 2.0. dvd
* Youtube Video
SaCProductions101
2 contests in 1

* 08/07 (July 8th) --> 22/07 (July 22nd)
* See Description Box (subscribing and commenting)
* 3 All Wheel decks per Winner
* Youtube Video

NathanCanadas:
This is a great idea! I have a question, is this for any card related contest, or just bigger ones hosted by bigger companies? Could there be some youtube contests mentionned here or not?

vmagic:

--- Quote from: NathanCanadas on June 23, 2012, 08:57:27 PM ---This is a great idea! I have a question, is this for any card related contest, or just bigger ones hosted by bigger companies? Could there be some youtube contests mentionned here or not?

--- End quote ---

You mean like my contest?  ;)

Don Boyer:
Simonart - I know we have an international, multilingual user base here at the Discourse, but the majority of the people here are probably American - meaning they might be confused at your use of numeric European dating conventions.  It gets particularly confusing on dates that are equal to or less than 12 - for example, for Americans, the Independence Day holiday (July 4th) this year would be 7/4/12, which you would write 4/7/12.  With no clues to know which number you're using as the date and the month, an American would read 4/7/12 as April 7th, 2012, and assume you're simply living in the recent past...  :))

I usually use European-style dates in my KS report every week, but I tweak it for better understanding by Americans by writing out the month or at least an abbreviation of it.  For example: since it's after midnight where I am, it's now Sun 24 June 2012.

MSimonart:
I knew there was a difference. I had just ended writing the list, when I said to myself that this problem could occur. I'll change dates. And you can put in any contest if you like. Also the youtube contests.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version