Off Topic Chat > The Conversation Parlor

USPCC CODE 1898"A"

(1/10) > >>

touya:
How are you?

my name is Touya Yabuhashi, a Playing Cards researcher living in Japan.

In the USPCC CODE, I found the code of "A" which corresponds to 1898, which has been considered to be nonexistent for a long time, so I contacted you.

"GAME OF ARTISTS Playing Cards"(1897~1900)
The code for this PlayingCards is "A".
This brand was produced for only a few years. The image deck is therefore considered to be a proof produced in 1898.

Could you check this, please?
--------------------------------------------------
Fireside Game Company (fl. 1895 -1900) of Cincinnati, Ohio was active from 1895 to 1900. During this period it issued 31 different card games, each numerically identified starting with, Strange People, game number 1100. With regard to our cartographic interests only game no. 1110, Population features maps. The organization appears to have been a subsidiary of the United States Playing Card Company intended to promote 'Educational Games.' After 1900 or so the company was renamed The Cincinnati Game Company.

Chuqii:
While USPCC did start using date codes around that time on their playing card decks, I do not know if the same numbering system carried over into the Fireside Game line of products.

Don Boyer:
USPC didn?t start using the letter codes on Aces of Spades until 1904.

https://www.leeasher.com/blog/how-to-date-a-deck-of-playing-cards.php

This chart, while largely accurate, does have exceptions.  Furthermore, they only use the letter codes on their own brands of standard decks - not for decks made by commission for another company and not decks other than International Standard, with possible exceptions being their special decks for 6-handed bridge, euchre, etc. - non-standard decks that either entirely or mostly use standard playing card faces.

I moved the topic to the Conversation Parlor.  We reserve the other card-related forums for International Standard decks rather than ones for specialized games like this.  At some point, perhaps I should break out a new board for non-standard game decks - but we?ll see if there?s enough traffic to warrant it first.

touya:
Don, Chuqii

Thank you for moving the topic.
I didn't know where to post.

For more information on The Fireside Game Co. series, see Rex Pitts' article.

https://www.wopc.co.uk/explore/manufacturer/fireside-game-co/

--------------------------------------------------

touya:
preamble
I think things start with exceptions.

New discoveries and inventions are seen as "eccentric" because they are outside the realm of common sense.
That can't be helped, so I don't care.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version