Off Topic Chat > Feedback + Support

Is the amount of activity here on PCF getting less?

(1/6) > >>

EndersGame:
Is the amount of activity here on Playing Card Forum dropping?

Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like the amount of posts has dropped off here.  Examples:

- There are big Kickstarter campaigns for playing cards that aren't even being mentioned.  For instance, the Playing Card Plethora sub-forum hasn't even seen any mention of the newest Apothecary Kickstarter from Alexander Chin featuring his beautiful Seronda Sentiments & Verana Virtues decks, even though that Kickstarter has been running for almost three weeks already!  Compare that with this.

- Many of the threads announcing Kickstarters over the last three months have zero replies and no discussion, which seems somewhat surprising.

Is anything amiss at all, or is this standard fare for PCF?  It just seems awfully quiet, and not much discussion going on.

EndersGame:
I just discovered the Stats page.

At the bottom there are stats for the number of New Posts per year, and there seems to be a real and significant downward trend:

2012: 44,347
2013: 25,462
2014: 21,421
2015: 10,645
2016: 4,592
2017: 3,827
2018: 1,332 (projected, based on the current rate of 146 posts for 40 days so far)

At that rate, the forum seems to be dying a slow death.  What accounts for this trend?  I've only been a member here since March last year, so I'm not aware of the previous history. 

Eddie Hughlett:
I agree. I've been here since 2015 and my feelings are confirmed by the numbers you've posted. I come most every day to read and keep up with the community at large and have my own opinions as to why people don't post. I hear there are website upgrades to come and maybe the 'new and improved' site will drive more traffic. I do enjoy reading your reviews. I do hope you continue.

Don Boyer:
Eddie is pretty much on the mark there, Ender.  I've been told by people who use this and other forums that because we're not as compatible with mobile apps, they log in here less frequently.  It's a situation that's in the process of being rectified, though it will take a little time.  In the meanwhile, I appreciate that you're still posting and checking in!

PipChick:
I can actually hear the crickets...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version