• Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Re: ZEN Exclusive and some Black Friday info from CARC
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 07:44:51 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Nice Job Anthony.

The Premium Brick Box Set looks like a 2014 Black Friday favorite. I'll have this on my calendar for sure.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:46:08 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 09:32:22 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Anything from CARC/EPCC never lacks in quality... and so I'm definitely interested.

The Classic Twins turned out incredible -- in my opinion, beats any USPCC deck in every single way. The ZEN looks like it'll continue the winning spree for CARC/EPCC. I do like the look of it.

How many of the ZEN decks I buy will depend on one thing... what stock/finish does the deck have -- is it the master finish or the classic finish?

I don't have any expectations at all from Ellusionist, T11, or D&D... and so on black friday, I'll be looking out for CARC's offerings (and also Legends, if they do something for black Friday).
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 09:45:39 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Anything from CARC/EPCC never lacks in quality... and so I'm definitely interested.

The Classic Twins turned out incredible -- in my opinion, beats any USPCC deck in every single way. The ZEN looks like it'll continue the winning spree for CARC/EPCC. I do like the look of it.

How many of the ZEN decks I buy will depend on one thing... what stock/finish does the deck have -- is it the master finish or the classic finish?

I don't have any expectations at all from Ellusionist, T11, or D&D... and so on black friday, I'll be looking out for CARC's offerings (and also Legends, if they do something for black Friday).

HolyJJ, both decks have the Master Finish  ;)

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 04:32:30 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Looking forward to this deck. I'll definitely participate in the savings on black friday for these. ;D
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 03:57:42 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I, too, am looking forward to these.

Also, not expecting much from the "big boys". Besides, CARC seems to always trump the others when it comes to sales
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 04:04:04 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Not intending to side-track, but Rarebit copper will be out on Black Friday from T11.

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 04:16:23 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Not intending to side-track, but Rarebit copper will be out on Black Friday from T11.

That's nice, however, there's already a topic on that.
Or do U mean, it's something worth getting during the Black Friday sales?

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Nothing personal. That's exactly what you intended to do, sidetrack.

I certainly don't think theory11 needs your help promoting their products on someone else's thread.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 05:00:25 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 09:50:37 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
In the conversation parlour I believe there is a thread dedicated to all sales. And Card player, calm down. He was simply mentioning another black friday deal.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 10:20:34 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

I certainly don't think theory11 needs your help promoting their products on someone else's thread.

I think he is simply mentioning it because Nurul said nothing to expect from the "bigboys". I don't really think he was promoting anything, rather just a reminder. Tone down your hatred for the "big boys" and chill a little.

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 10:37:29 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
...........and back on topic!

This black Zen deck is going to look great next to my red proto Zen deck.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 12:06:26 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
In the conversation parlour I believe there is a thread dedicated to all sales. And Card player, calm down. He was simply mentioning another black friday deal.

The Holiday Topic 2014: New Products, Deals, Contests & Giveaways

Send us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to buy decks cheap...  :))
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:06:44 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 05:51:53 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

I think he is simply mentioning it because Nurul said nothing to expect from the "bigboys". I don't really think he was promoting anything, rather just a reminder. Tone down your hatred for the "big boys" and chill a little.

What hatred do I have?

You should go to the Rarebit thread and see what I wrote before you make accusations.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:59:36 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 10:23:13 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

I just can't sense any pinch of friendliness from these lines alone. Probably not hatred but somewhere between the lines of hostility & animosity maybe?

I guess it's my bad causing the both of us to sidetrack more than BiggerDee did, and you did say something nice for a rarebit deck i guess?
If it helps, it's nothing personal either.

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 11:21:50 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
PurpleIce is correct, I only mentioned it in response to the nothing else from the big boys on Black Friday comment which, as it was, was unrelated to the Zen deck as well. That's why I kept it short and sweet. Although technically a sidetrack, I kept it as a mention and didn't go into a diatribe as to what all was going to be released from the big boys that day or the details. In the future, I can just stay silent and allow new members to jump in and write an essay.

My apologies to Zen and CARC for this being unnecessarily drug out. I'll take my vote down from CardPlayer and move along...and for the record, if you say "No offense" before a statement, it's usually going to be offending.

Back to the discussion of their beautiful deck...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:37:05 AM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 11:34:13 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
In the future, I can just stay silent and allow new members to jump in and write an essay.

That's most likely what was meant. I agree. I made no connection with the response I commented on and the original post. Others had posted after and no quote was used connecting the two.

I did not see any new member involved in this. 300 - 800 posts is not new to me. Which is why I might have been firm in how I responded to it. I'm usually more considerate with new member posts.

I good with moving on.

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 12:10:31 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Looking like black friday will have lots of fun stuff from big bois and almost everyone else. These Zen are still right there on the top of my list. I'm thinking I need to pull a trade and get the Proto Zens. I had a deck for about two weeks but we needed a trophy so I tossed it up for a tourny win. Not the first time my generosity has come back to bite me haha.

Three cheers for my soon to be deceased wallet!  :D  :D  :D
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 02:23:46 PM »

ozfan30

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Other info regarding CARC black Friday deals, Great deal on the CF Card clip, I already have two but might pick up another one.
(Sale prices exclude shipping unless specified.)
Classic Black: $7.48/deck!
Egyptian Legends - Black: $4.48/deck!
Solid Carbon Card Clip: $49.50 postpaid in the US!
Gibecière No. 10: Just $19.98!
EPCC Pack & Clip Jackets: $2.50 each or as low  as $1.50 with purchase of 10!

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 11:11:48 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Other info regarding CARC black Friday deals, Great deal on the CF Card clip, I already have two but might pick up another one.

@William Kalush (hopefully you read this or someone passes the word on to you)

I have a suggestion to help make the "EPCC Zen decks packed in our new Luxury Magnetic Brick Box $89.99" more of a great deal and help CARC sell more of this particular package. Mr. Kalush should sign the top of the Brick Box to the left or Right of the logo. It would make a nice collectors piece for Black Friday. The Brick Box looks like its using Gold Foil. Might I suggest using a gold sharpie matching the foil to sign them. You can give customers two options, a signed or unsigned brick box for the same price of $89.99. Just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:16:33 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 12:08:47 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I have a suggestion to help make the "EPCC Zen decks packed in our new Luxury Magnetic Brick Box $89.99" more of a great deal and help CARC sell more of this particular package. Mr. Kalush should sign the top of the Brick Box to the left or Right of the logo. It would make a nice collectors piece for Black Friday. The Brick Box looks like its using Gold Foil. Might I suggest using a gold sharpie matching the foil to sign them. You can give customers two options, a signed or unsigned brick box for the same price of $89.99. Just a suggestion.

So, when Santa comes to your house to fill the stockings, do you offer suggestions about how to make the gifts more appealing with color-coded ribbons and autographs?

If you're serious about making such a suggestion (and I really hope you aren't!) you'd do better to contact CARC at their website.  Bill as an individual is a member here, but CARC doesn't have an official presence on this forum.  It's like asking a question in an empty echo chamber and expecting an answer...

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 12:43:29 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

So, when Santa comes to your house to fill the stockings, do you offer suggestions about how to make the gifts more appealing with color-coded ribbons and autographs?

If you're serious about making such a suggestion (and I really hope you aren't!) you'd do better to contact CARC at their website.  Bill as an individual is a member here, but CARC doesn't have an official presence on this forum.  It's like asking a question in an empty echo chamber and expecting an answer...

You make it sound like someone will get insulted? That obviously is not my intention.

My brother-in-law and I fill the stockings in our family. I don't push the idea of Santa Claus on children. I paid for the gifts, why should I let a hoax take the credit. Personally, I find it very strange to make a child sit on an old man's lap they don't know. Christmas is about Christ and I give gifts to celebrate "the gift" of Christ's birth. The children will not miss Santa Claus, I promise you.

I knew you would say this. You always say this when I make suggestions on the forum instead of emailing someone directly. The reason I write it here is for public opinion. Maybe others think its a nice idea or maybe not. Maybe "someone" reading would like to know what others think also. If its not something CARC has an interest in doing, they can always pretend they never saw it here. No one is obligated to reply to an email and I don't have to read a politically correct response that basically says "not interested".  It works out for both sides just to post it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:19:18 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 01:56:38 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
This zen deck looks so sweeeeeet.
Can't wait to get my hands on these, and such a great price too.
Hope international shipping won't b so much....

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 08:24:04 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

You make it sound like someone will get insulted? That obviously is not my intention.

My brother-in-law and I fill the stockings in our family. I don't push the idea of Santa Claus on children. I paid for the gifts, why should I let a hoax take the credit. Personally, I find it very strange to make a child sit on an old man's lap they don't know. Christmas is about Christ and I give gifts to celebrate "the gift" of Christ's birth. The children will not miss Santa Claus, I promise you.

I knew you would say this. You always say this when I make suggestions on the forum instead of emailing someone directly. The reason I write it here is for public opinion. Maybe others think its a nice idea or maybe not. Maybe "someone" reading would like to know what others think also. If its not something CARC has an interest in doing, they can always pretend they never saw it here. No one is obligated to reply to an email and I don't have to read a politically correct response that basically says "not interested".  It works out for both sides just to post it.

I suggested, in a somewhat humorous manner, that your idea - should you wish it to be taken seriously - is better if sent to the company instead of posted here.  No offense was intended - if this bothered you, I'm sorry for that.

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 09:43:53 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

I suggested, in a somewhat humorous manner, that your idea - should you wish it to be taken seriously - is better if sent to the company instead of posted here.  No offense was intended - if this bothered you, I'm sorry for that.

Don

I take no offense to anything on this forum. I don't really care about who takes me seriously here as "card player". I don't know where in what I wrote you thought I was bothered?

Zen Zen Zen...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:07:20 PM by Card Player »