ZEN Exclusive and some Black Friday info from CARC

Author (Read 6643 times)

Re: ZEN Exclusive and some Black Friday info from CARC
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 12:31:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Don

I take no offense to anything on this forum. I don't really care about who takes me seriously here as "card player". I don't know where in what I wrote you thought I was bothered?

Zen Zen Zen...

I'm just covering my bases, in case I did somehow offend.  I'm glad to hear that I didn't.

I'll take exchanges like these over flame wars any day of the week and twice on Sundays.  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 04:59:34 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Of course my first post in months and months is off-topic, but this topic reminded me of last year when there was a topic for all Black Friday/Holiday deals.  Does one exist yet for 2014 holiday season?

Ah, good to be back :)
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Of course my first post in months and months is off-topic, but this topic reminded me of last year when there was a topic for all Black Friday/Holiday deals.  Does one exist yet for 2014 holiday season?

Holiday deals 2014
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=7486.0

Yes we have the topic. I don't know why its tacked to the conversation parlor. It should be tacked to the playing card plethora. I know the holiday sales are more then playing cards.  This is a playing card forum after all and the topic is only temporary.

Is the forum pushing to have topics in other subjects to get more people of interest? I understand we have magicians here, but at the end of the day this is a playing card forum and magicians have their own mainstream forums. The 2013 topic was here (playing card plethora) last year.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:27:51 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 05:26:50 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Yea it is difficult to find. I don't know why it's there either.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 07:38:55 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Back on topic. These shots of the Royal Zen back really shows off the foil on the back. I think they look very nice and the tuck does look sharp. Suits the deck well in my humble opinion.

Royal Zen

Zen Black

I do find it interesting that they've decided to use red foil on the Zen back tuck. While it matches the Luxury Brick Box it seems a little odd to use the bright red for the tuck of a deck that features no red on the back at all. That seem strange to anyone else? Why not go pantone white instead, has foil really become so absolutely utterly important on a tuck that deck colors don't even matter anymore? Anyway, I find it strange red foil on the tuck of Zen Black.

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 08:49:47 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
I agree Fes. I think the red looks a little out of place. I think I'd prefer white or maybe silver.

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2014, 09:11:26 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I do find it interesting that they've decided to use red foil on the Zen back tuck. While it matches the Luxury Brick Box it seems a little odd to use the bright red for the tuck of a deck that features no red on the back at all. That seem strange to anyone else? Why not go pantone white instead, has foil really become so absolutely utterly important on a tuck that deck colors don't even matter anymore? Anyway, I find it strange red foil on the tuck of Zen Black.

I'm not sure if the RED foil of the Zen standard tuck is the same foil color used on the Luxury Brick Box. The Luxury Brick Box looks more GOLD foil to me. They already created the RED back design using a RED tuck with GUN METAL foil, its not like a BLACK tuck with RED foil would ever be used again for anything else Zen.

I agree with you, its unconventional.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:32:43 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2014, 12:43:35 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Anyone else thinking the side flap might become common again? I am seeing it with a lot of the higher quality decks.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2014, 01:32:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Good to have you back!

Yes we have the topic. I don't know why its tacked to the conversation parlor. It should be tacked to the playing card plethora. I know the holiday sales are more then playing cards.  This is a playing card forum after all and the topic is only temporary.

Is the forum pushing to have topics in other subjects to get more people of interest? I understand we have magicians here, but at the end of the day this is a playing card forum and magicians have their own mainstream forums. The 2013 topic was here (playing card plethora) last year.

I put it in the Conversation Parlor because it crosses categories - many of the specials being offered cover magic equipment as well as playing cards.  I try as much as possible to reserve the Plethora for when we're talking about specific deck releases and directly deck-related information.  The topics for contests and convention notices are also in the Parlor.

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2014, 01:44:18 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

I put it in the Conversation Parlor because it crosses categories - many of the specials being offered cover magic equipment as well as playing cards.  I try as much as possible to reserve the Plethora for when we're talking about specific deck releases and directly deck-related information.  The topics for contests and convention notices are also in the Parlor.

It's only had 101 views over there Don. People don't even know it exists haha. A great deal is a great deal, everyone should be able to see it easily. There seems to be a lot of action where people talk about decks. Why not put it where the action is and people can see it? Most of the deals center around Decks. Even so DvD's about card tricks, Books about decks and tricks, we all like those things too.  ;)

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2014, 02:03:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

It's only had 101 views over there Don. People don't even know it exists haha. A great deal is a great deal, everyone should be able to see it easily. There seems to be a lot of action where people talk about decks. Why not put it where the action is and people can see it? Most of the deals center around Decks. Even so DvD's about card tricks, Books about decks and tricks, we all like those things too.  ;)

You have a valid point.  I just moved it.  I'll move it back post-season.

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2014, 03:26:35 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Anyone else thinking the side flap might become common again? I am seeing it with a lot of the higher quality decks.

Common for EPCC maybe (Exquisite, TBC NOC v3, Zen, Encarded Signature Series).

Reflecting on my acquisitions, the only side flap tuck deck I've purchased was D&D's Gold Private Reserve. That's not done consciously or with intention. For some unusual reason, I've avoided them. I don't know why?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:50:59 PM by Card Player »