You are Here:
Sistine, Vincent's Royals (and Old Masters), 3 Art decks

Author (Read 668 times)

Sistine, Vincent's Royals (and Old Masters), 3 Art decks
« on: August 30, 2015, 12:53:21 PM »

whaam

• True Member
These are awesome..., and not because I'm the designer  ;) (I couldn't find a thread, hope it's first)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2104052526/bicycle-sistine-and-vincents-royals-playing-cards?ref=nav_search

Johnny

Re: Sistine, Vincent's Royals (and Old Masters), 3 Art decks
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 12:05:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Dude - quality OVER quantity...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 02:58:21 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Isn't this a KS project for 1 deck, but packaged to sell the leftovers from the previous projects?

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:23:39 AM »

whaam

• True Member
Don, dude, if you don't see quality in my deck designs.... :o, maybe you should look closer. I respect your attitude if you just...don't like my designs. That's another thing. Has got nothing to do with...quality matter.
The fact that I work a lot doesn't effect the quality negatively, in fact it enhances the quality of my designs.

If Vincent deck or Michelangelo deck don't work for you, I can only assume you don't like the art (or don't care about it) of those two painters. Cause if you look for the paintings Vincent painted and my designs (paintings) you'll see how close did I go with reinterpretation of his work.       
Not to speak of Old Masters where is clear (to...anybody) how much quality work is put into those courts.
And Sistine, wow, first time somebody did this with most famous frescoes...

@Purpleice
No, this is a project for two new art projects, deck designs, 1st campaign for Sistine, 2nd for Vincent's Royals.
Old Masters decks are just offered as add-ons for backers that don't have those and maybe they'd like 1. So they can have all three of my Art decks, homages to the greatest painters in the world.

And, Sistine and Vincent's Royals are such wonderful ideas and fantastically designed decks, hope most of you will recognize that.. (actually, I know you will  ;))
Thanks

Johnny

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 05:26:44 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Don, dude, if you don't see quality in my deck designs.... :o, maybe you should look closer. I respect your attitude if you just...don't like my designs. That's another thing. Has got nothing to do with...quality matter.
The fact that I work a lot doesn't effect the quality negatively, in fact it enhances the quality of my designs.

The original artworks by the masters who created them are great.  This feels to me like it cheapens them somehow - but that's my opinion, no better or worse than any other.

Quantity does matter - when you're saturating a market with similar products, you put a strain on the market to sell them effectively.

If someone wants the Old Masters deck, can't they simply BUY it from CPC?  Are you at least offering good pricing, better than retail?  If not, what's the point?  It would be one thing if the deck was rare, out of print, hard to obtain, etc. - offered like this, it appears more like you're trying to unload excess stock.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 07:57:38 PM »

whaam

• True Member
Yes, original artwork is really something. And to see those pics (originals, done by me..) on playing cards with adapted design made for playability purpose...., does change the perception of artwork itself,...nothing like the real thing.

Quantity matters only regarding sales, I'm very much aware of that. But quantity has absolutely no effect on my quality of work delivered on every design (or anything else I do). This is the optimal amount of work for me,...a lot..., yes..., would be too much for most, probably,...not for me though  ;)     
    As for sales, well what can I do,...I just want to offer to the world my creations, every time I work on one design...I get an idea or two for the next one. And I gotta do them right after I'm done with the first one,...I can't stop!!  :D

Old Masters, we just wanted to offer those to people clicking on projects on Kickstarter,..people that missed that project, this way they can get 3 (coolest) art decks at one place, same artist. A bunch of campaigners are doing the same... Just an optional add-on.

Johnny