You are Here:
Madison Anything Is Possible AIP Bottle

Author (Read 3668 times)

Madison Anything Is Possible AIP Bottle
« on: January 08, 2014, 01:31:09 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I was expecting something like this sooner or later.

Comes in Scarlet Rounders or Scarlet Dealers, Limited at 100 each.

Re: Madison Anything Is Possible AIP Bottle
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 04:52:43 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
And 200$ price tag

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 07:11:44 AM »

Mydnyghte

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Am I the only one not impressed with these? The bottles as a whole, not just this particular one. I just don't see the draw to investing in one. Now, this IS coming from a bearded guy with a lot of card decks that will never be opened, but I'm human and allowed a bit of hypocrisy.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 08:04:54 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
By the time I saw the black club email, it was sold out. I would have been really disappointed had they been in the $150 range and missed it. $200 for one signed deck in a bottle is too much for me. I've gotten more for less with signature Blaine, S&M & TBC box sets.

Still looking for that signature Madison piece.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 08:17:53 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
By the time I saw the black club email, it was sold out. I would have been really disappointed had they been in the $150 range and missed it. $200 for one signed deck in a bottle is too much for me. I've gotten more for less with signature Blaine, S&M & TBC box sets.

They're not sold out. I thought they were too, but you need to sign into your account for it.
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 10:29:13 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

They're not sold out. I thought they were too, but you need to sign into your account for it.

Last i saw they were still available also. You need to select between Rounders or Dealers before you can add to cart as well.

Am I the only one not impressed with these? The bottles as a whole, not just this particular one. I just don't see the draw to investing in one. Now, this IS coming from a bearded guy with a lot of card decks that will never be opened, but I'm human and allowed a bit of hypocrisy.

I think its a rather cool thing to have one or two...with a deck inside worth keeping. But that being said, i'm passing on this as well. $200 a pop is just not within my range. But you gotta say this wasn't unexpected, and probably better than the blue LTD in lucite case.

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 10:41:22 AM »

AtomSmash

• True Member
  • ಠ_ಠ
I (sort of) agree with you. I think they are quite a nice novelty but should be $30 at most, not the insane prices some of them have been going for. Might be an idea to break open the bottle if you just wanted the deck, but what's the point - they're cheaper on eBay.
...but that's just my opinion.

ಠ_ಠ CARDS ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 10:45:12 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I like the AIP concept and thought that a vintage deck with stamp would look great in the bottle… I tried to contact the guy who makes these quite a few times in the past regarding if it was possible, but he never answered… If anyone has a relationship with him, please reach out to see if this is feasible or have him contact me… Thanks, J.

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 10:52:56 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I am friends with him on fb. Just shot him a message( I am assuming your wanting Jamie D. Grant) to see if he would be willing to. I will let you know what he says.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 11:25:06 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

In that case, Thank You! I just picked up a Red (Scarlet) Dealers AIP. Sweet!

Does anyone know if the deck is altered in anyway by Jamie?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:47:00 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 12:24:32 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
I kind of think these are cool, but what's the appeal that makes them so expensive? Anyone ever use one for a trick?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:01:44 PM by HandSkillz »
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 12:31:41 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I am friends with him on fb. Just shot him a message( I am assuming your wanting Jamie D. Grant) to see if he would be willing to. I will let you know what he says.

Thanks Johnny B...

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 12:34:08 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

Thanks Johnny B...

no problem. I know we talk everyonce and a while and he always seems willing to help so I would think he would.

I kind of thing these are cool, but what's the appeal that makes them so expensive? Anyone ever use one for a trick?

I never have and have no idea how I would. I think they look beautiful myself.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 01:04:55 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Thanks Johnny B...

no problem. I know we talk everyonce and a while and he always seems willing to help so I would think he would.

I kind of thing these are cool, but what's the appeal that makes them so expensive? Anyone ever use one for a trick?

I never have and have no idea how I would. I think they look beautiful myself.

Could it be that Jamie does not want to damage a sealed vintage deck with whatever it is he does to get the deck in the bottle? New decks are replaceable and only have a manufacturing value to the company that produces them. Explaining why he won't do a sealed vintage deck would only give away the secret to someone like me.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 01:46:08 PM »

chach

• Forum Regular
You don't know the secret behind these? Here I thought everyone knew about trans matter displacement... 

The value of a tax stamp sealed deck would be greatly affected by the process.  Think endoscopic.
-El Guapo

ISO - Vietnam vintage Bicycle Secret Weapon Aces of Spades deck.

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »

Mydnyghte

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
The price has a big part to play as far as my lack of interest goes. Now, I say that admitting that I have zero idea how these are put together, where the price may reflect craftsmanship. It's one thing for me to look at something and say "Meh." and another to find out it only exists due to hours of skillful crafting. At which point I still might say "Meh." but have a much higher respect for it.

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 04:30:17 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
You don't know the secret behind these? Here I thought everyone knew about trans matter displacement... 

The value of a tax stamp sealed deck would be greatly affected by the process.  Think endoscopic.

I know the way your talking about, jamie does not do that. I know he has made made one with a jerry nuggets before. and I am not sure why he would not do a vintaged deck. I believe he does custom jobs.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 08:38:19 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
He did with jerry? When i made a rose usingjerry its very hard to bend the card without breaking it.

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 11:36:47 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I like the AIP concept and thought that a vintage deck with stamp would look great in the bottle… I tried to contact the guy who makes these quite a few times in the past regarding if it was possible, but he never answered… If anyone has a relationship with him, please reach out to see if this is feasible or have him contact me… Thanks, J.

Jamie Grant is a member of this forum.  Have you tried here yet?

I kind of think these are cool, but what's the appeal that makes them so expensive? Anyone ever use one for a trick?

They aren't magic props.  They're works of art that remind us that supposedly impossible things happen around us all the time - "anything is possible".  Not always probable, perhaps, and in this case not inexpensive, but certainly possible!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 12:16:44 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
He did with jerry? When i made a rose usingjerry its very hard to bend the card without breaking it.

I remember seeing one somewhere so I believe he did.

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 11:56:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I'm pretty sure Lee Asher posted a photo of on on your topic about making the roses, Phantom.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:56:44 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 01:33:01 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

I'm pretty sure Lee Asher posted a photo of on on your topic about making the roses, Phantom.

http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/'anything-is-possible'-bottles-art-and-jamie-d-grant/msg24790/#msg24790

according to this topic he tried a few times, did not like how they looked.

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 01:44:39 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/'anything-is-possible'-bottles-art-and-jamie-d-grant/msg24790/#msg24790

according to this topic he tried a few times, did not like how they looked.

Bloody 'ell...  I thought you were talking about bending the cards to make the paper roses!

I know that Jamie does commissioned work, but I don't think he does decks that he's already done as limited editions for a particular company.  For example, if you wanted him to make you a red White Lions Series A, he'd decline, having already created a commissioned series of them for David Blaine.  But he's got Bicycle Rider Backs, no sweat!

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 04:07:39 PM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran
These are nice.  I've always wanted an Anything is Possible bottle.  :) Idk about the price...  I currently am holding two pledges on Kickstarter both including an AIP bottle and both are over $200 (granted,  on of them includes an additional deck and some other goodies),  so I can't really argue on the price. 

On a slightly unrelated note,  Dan & Dave are selling custom bottles for $150. You get to choose among 36 decks but they don't tell you what the selection is until after you've made the purchase...? Does anyone know if one of the choices includes the Ultimate Deck?

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 04:17:48 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
On a slightly unrelated note,  Dan & Dave are selling custom bottles for $150. You get to choose among 36 decks but they don't tell you what the selection is until after you've made the purchase...? Does anyone know if one of the choices includes the Ultimate Deck?

I thought A) this was a joke, and B) that they sent you a random deck in a a bottle for $150, like a crazy version of mystery deck.  Now I see you get to choose from the 36 decks.  If no one here knows what's on the list it couldn't hurt to ask them tomorrow morning on their Coffee thing.
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.