You are Here:
New Virts offerings

Author (Read 10881 times)

New Virts offerings
« on: December 12, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
A new virts deck is going to be available soon!
Got an email off them saying on the 19th December I will get the chance to order them, I guess you guys will too :')

Photos attached:

-Benny
"...there is a fine line between wishing to produce child-like astonishment and treating people like infants."
Derren Brown

Re: New Virts offerings
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 02:25:23 PM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular
Hopefully it's a bit more than just a Virtuoso deck V2 (ie minor changes to the original). I love the original, but I'm done with buying every edition of every deck.
- Tom

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 02:35:52 PM »

John Spade

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
"P.S. This information is for your eyes only and you won't see anything about it on our website or Facebook. We're trying to keep this "within the family" so to speak, so do keep this information to yourself. :)"

YOU BETRAYED HURON'S TRUST HOW COULD YOU

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 02:46:01 PM »

nicknamehere

• Newcomer
Hopefully it's a bit more than just a Virtuoso deck V2 (ie minor changes to the original). I love the original, but I'm done with buying every edition of every deck.

"Oh, and one last thing. If you think we simply changed the red color of the first deck to blue, you're wrong. ;)"

I suppose we'll see.The Virts are pretty good at the hype train business though.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 05:01:18 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
So much for their request to "keep it on the down low".

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
I thought it would be okay to post here but with my rep drop I think not :')

-Benny
"...there is a fine line between wishing to produce child-like astonishment and treating people like infants."
Derren Brown

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 06:00:33 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
So much for their request to "keep it on the down low".

Huron's making a list and he's checking it twice. Don't worry, Huron knows who's been naughty and nice. Benny's not getting new virtuoso decks this Christmas, just a stocking full of coal. LMAO

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 06:35:32 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
It doesn't  really matter if he notified us, seems people are going to get a private link next week. If the link was posted, I'd understand the break of trust there lol
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:37:17 PM by Nurul »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 07:23:39 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
It doesn't  really matter if he notified us, seems people are going to get a private link next week. If the link was posted, I'd understand the break of trust there lol

I don't know that I'm quite buying that since it says "keep it to yourself". This post is going to build incentive for someone who is not getting an email to ask for the link or get it posted publicly.

He could have edited and can still edit to remove if he wants to do the right thing. I guess at this point that's asking too much of him since he can't read directions anyway.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 07:28:07 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I had one poster disagree with something I said once and he knocked me down about 6 rep points. I hadn't even noticed it before then. I think that it has at least recovered to a positive number now, but I have no idea what it matters though. I haven't list any sleep about it! ;-)

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 07:49:01 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

I don't know that I'm quite buying that since it says "keep it to yourself". This post is going to build incentive for someone who is not getting an email to ask for the link or get it posted publicly.

He could have edited and can still edit to remove if he wants to do the right thing. I guess at this point that's asking too much of him since he can't read directions anyway.

Ellusionist did the same with a "secret email" regarding the white LTDs, within seconds it was posted on the forums but no one gave grief about that.
If someone does ask for a link, who's to say it'll actually be given out?! If anything, this is good for virts, potentially get more people to join their mailing list.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 08:19:36 PM »

chach

• Forum Regular

-Benny

I'm of the belief that information is meant to be open and spread freely.  If they didn't want word getting out, they wouldn't have advertised it at all. 

This whole, "keep it on the DL" thing is just a hype machine and it's worked, after all, we're all talking about their product aren't we?  Just another marketing ploy.
-El Guapo

ISO - Vietnam vintage Bicycle Secret Weapon Aces of Spades deck.

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 08:28:15 PM »

DJT

Actually I didn't get a secret e-mail about the White LTD, it was a secret sale that happened they just didn't announce it to everyone.  Those who found it they said they "recommend" not telling everyone, slightly different wording.

But in reality, do you honestly think the Virts really want you to be quiet about a new release?  They "do" but they "don't"  ;) if you know what I mean,  at the end of the day they are in it to sell some decks and their brand.

It's like telling your 5 year old kid - "Hey son, I left some pizza in the fridge and it's super good.  Please don't eat it"  Guess what he is going to do.

Great marketing, plain and simple. But lets hang the guys who posted about the "New Virts" deck and while we are at it the White LTD - oh wait...  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:29:29 PM by DJT »

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 09:00:52 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

-Benny

Who cares about reputation. Mine has gone UP and DOWN more times then the stock market. Even though I disagree with the post, reputation should not stop you from your opinion.

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 10:16:20 PM »

CrankUP

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
"P.S. This information is for your eyes only and you won't see anything about it on our website or Facebook. We're trying to keep this "within the family" so to speak, so do keep this information to yourself. :)"

YOU BETRAYED HURON'S TRUST HOW COULD YOU

Teeheehee. I loled.

But I was a bit disappointed with how the last decks handled. The design was marvelous...but the deck clumped in my hands. I have OCD so I wash my hands all the time...and I don't think it's my sweat because my other decks don't clump. Might be the finish or ink used...

Come to think about it, the only decks that have clumped for me are the ones produced since the USPCC moved to Kentucky. Hmmmmmm...
Broke for cards

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 11:20:27 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
If there's one thing I've learned about the playing card business and community, it's that if someone tells you to keep a secret, you KEEP THE SECRET.  Once you become known as the guy who can't keep a secret, you also become the guy no one trusts with secrets anymore...  Hell, I'm sittin' on a doozy right now!  :))

But I was a bit disappointed with how the last decks handled. The design was marvelous...but the deck clumped in my hands. I have OCD so I wash my hands all the time...and I don't think it's my sweat because my other decks don't clump. Might be the finish or ink used...

Come to think about it, the only decks that have clumped for me are the ones produced since the USPCC moved to Kentucky. Hmmmmmm...

Yours could be an isolated case - it happens.  USPC did have a period of about a year and a half running from late 2009 through 2010 where the decks were coming out a bit rough.  We refer to it these days as the shakedown period.  It was a matter of the print staff getting the kinks out of the new machines at the newly-opened Erlanger, KY plant.  Nowadays, their quality on all but off-the-shelf Rider Backs is noticeably higher than the last of the Cincinnati, OH plant's output.  Combine that with Magic Finish and the new decks rarely have issues.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 11:54:57 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

-Benny
Says the person with a -8 repuation. ;)
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 09:07:17 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
If there's one thing I've learned about the playing card business and community, it's that if someone tells you to keep a secret, you KEEP THE SECRET.  Once you become known as the guy who can't keep a secret, you also become the guy no one trusts with secrets anymore...  Hell, I'm sittin' on a doozy right now!  :))

Yours could be an isolated case - it happens.  USPC did have a period of about a year and a half running from late 2009 through 2010 where the decks were coming out a bit rough.  We refer to it these days as the shakedown period.  It was a matter of the print staff getting the kinks out of the new machines at the newly-opened Erlanger, KY plant.  Nowadays, their quality on all but off-the-shelf Rider Backs is noticeably higher than the last of the Cincinnati, OH plant's output.  Combine that with Magic Finish and the new decks rarely have issues.

I have started to highlight post like this incase Don has one of his white written secrets. No luck :( I thought the virts was nice but could not afford it at the time. Now I am not buying any new decks, broke it for the sherlock holmes decks, I mean pass on that guys art - no way.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 10:15:03 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
If you don't advertise that something is for sale, it kind of hurts sales a bit! I think that's business class day one! :-)

I think that I will just build my next house out of all of my decks, you know, use them as bricks. I probably up to the point where I could build a nice 6 bedroom house. Luckily, my wife hasn't seen my entire collection all at once. If she does, you'll probably see my obituary posted on here, and a seller on eBay selling tons of bricks really cheap!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:20:37 AM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 10:23:55 AM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
I'm on their mailing list but have never received one e-mail from them.  I'm guessing that e-mail might be for people that had already purchased decks through their website.  The rich get richer!! 
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 12:14:13 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
I'm on their mailing list but have never received one e-mail from them.  I'm guessing that e-mail might be for people that had already purchased decks through their website.  The rich get richer!!
I certainly wouldn't say the rich are getting richer hereā€¦ They simply bought something from them before and are receiving a reward for being a customer. Nothing wrong with that.

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 12:16:14 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

They get first dibs, it's going to be released to the public a week later.

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2013, 12:29:47 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover

Haha sorry I was being slightly sarcastic, though I would be curious to get my hands on a Virts deck for the first time.

As far as them being released to the public a week later - where does it say that?  I thought it said in his e-mail that they were coming Spring/Summer 2014.
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2013, 12:46:28 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

Haha sorry I was being slightly sarcastic, though I would be curious to get my hands on a Virts deck for the first time.

As far as them being released to the public a week later - where does it say that?  I thought it said in his e-mail that they were coming Spring/Summer 2014.

You're right, my bad. I read a week away and confused myself lol

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2013, 01:05:33 PM »

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
Whoa looks like I'm not popular for this one!
I didn't mean to cause a big upset over this, I wanted to tell everyone in-case they didn't get the email :')
It's a crazy rep drop for the and Don I am sorry for posting this :)

-Benny
Derren Brown