You are Here:
Hi everyone

Author (Read 1608 times)

Hi everyone
« on: October 28, 2015, 03:21:19 PM »

ksi

Hi everyone!!

I'm ksi from Hong Kong.  Just started collecting cards in few months.  I don't do cardistry works (except for simple faro, shuffle and fanning).  I don't do magic.  Just purely collect.  And now I got some problems on storage as I simply consume too slow.

I like cards with nice stock.  I prefer thick stock, but I like the Bee 216s very much (although they are thin, their stock feels so good).  I like simple design but I like those Arcade / Ghost / Viper in UV500 - very good stock indeed.  Self-contradictory?  Haha~~

Nice to meet you all!!

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 07:13:43 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Welcome to the boards, KSI!  Your space issues are a common problem - maybe you need to learn some magic so you can use up your decks faster!

If you have any questions, please ask.  Make yourself at home.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 08:34:51 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Hello Ksi!

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your opinions as you join the conversations. Card storage is a constant issue, haha. Finding the solution that suits you and meets your needs is part of the fun I think.  :)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 09:16:28 AM »

ksi

Welcome to the boards, KSI!  Your space issues are a common problem - maybe you need to learn some magic so you can use up your decks faster!

If you have any questions, please ask.  Make yourself at home.

Hello Ksi!

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your opinions as you join the conversations. Card storage is a constant issue, haha. Finding the solution that suits you and meets your needs is part of the fun I think.  :)

Thanks all.

I might learn some cardistry works so as to use up part of my purchase.  But I think the rate of consumption would be still far less than the rate of purchase.

Maybe one option is to donate some used cards to the charity organisation for children.  For those cards I played for a month, they might be not fanning as well as brand new, but would be still in very good condition for some children to play cards games or bridge.  That may be a win-win situation.  They have cards to play with and I can free up space to buy more... haha~~

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 02:02:14 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Thanks all.

I might learn some cardistry works so as to use up part of my purchase.  But I think the rate of consumption would be still far less than the rate of purchase.

Maybe one option is to donate some used cards to the charity organisation for children.  For those cards I played for a month, they might be not fanning as well as brand new, but would be still in very good condition for some children to play cards games or bridge.  That may be a win-win situation.  They have cards to play with and I can free up space to buy more... haha~~

I perform at a local hospital and give away the decks I use to the kids I perform for.  Perhaps that's an option for you?

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 03:22:03 PM »

ksi

Thanks all.

I perform at a local hospital and give away the decks I use to the kids I perform for.  Perhaps that's an option for you?

Yes, yes.  That would be a good idea as well.
Once I gather several decks (maybe 6-10?) and will message you for a contact for sending those decks to you.

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 04:13:08 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Thanks all.

Once I gather several decks (maybe 6-10?) and will message you for a contact for sending those decks to you.

I think you misunderstood - YOU could perform at a local hospital as well!

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 04:29:17 PM »

ksi

Thanks all.

I think you misunderstood - YOU could perform at a local hospital as well!

Oh sorry... I misunderstood. 
Well, I am far long way to be a performer.  And I am shy to be a performer indeed.
But I could teach the children how to play bridge :)