Something up with PM's?
« on: November 20, 2013, 06:42:42 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
So over the last few weeks I've noticed that members are not always getting my PM responses, and the other day, for the second time, a response I sent just vanished. It was there after I sent it, but when I went back the next day it was gone.

Any idea?

Re: Something up with PM's?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 08:03:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
So over the last few weeks I've noticed that members are not always getting my PM responses, and the other day, for the second time, a response I sent just vanished. It was there after I sent it, but when I went back the next day it was gone.

Any idea?

Alex is the man to ask.  He's been doing some work under the hood recently.  I've not noticed any problems.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 12:50:46 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Make sure the PMs aren't simply in a different conversation with that person, or somewhere within the same conversation.

I can't really do much without more info, though. If it's a problem with our database, it would be a more widespead issue. If more people report it then I can go from there.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 01:02:27 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Make sure the PMs aren't simply in a different conversation with that person, or somewhere within the same conversation.

I can't really do much without more info, though. If it's a problem with our database, it would be a more widespead issue. If more people report it then I can go from there.

Ya Alex, I've looked to make sure i didn't accidentaly tag onto the wrong conversation, I even checked the sent folder, I'm doing that with each response now to make sure. But outside of the message saying "Sent" and being there for the entire day, then being gone the next, not even in the sent folder, I'm not sure what to say.

I've been telling people that I'm talking to or working deals with that If they send me a comment and I don't respond within 24 hours somethings up. Not sure what else to do. Just didn't want anyone thinking I was blowing them off.

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 02:04:50 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

Ya Alex, I've looked to make sure i didn't accidentaly tag onto the wrong conversation, I even checked the sent folder, I'm doing that with each response now to make sure. But outside of the message saying "Sent" and being there for the entire day, then being gone the next, not even in the sent folder, I'm not sure what to say.

I've been telling people that I'm talking to or working deals with that If they send me a comment and I don't respond within 24 hours somethings up. Not sure what else to do. Just didn't want anyone thinking I was blowing them off.

Consider giving them your email for now, I'll do some regular database maintenance and see if I can find anything off tonight.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 04:59:54 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Sparkz can you do the following for me:

- Go into your inbox, and click on Preferences > Change Settings

- Make sure that "Display Personal Messages:" is set to "As Conversation"

- Tick the "Show Most Recent Personal Messages at the top" box to enable it

- Tick the "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default. " box to enable it

Once you do that, we can go from there

Forum Founder.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Sparkz can you do the following for me:

- Go into your inbox, and click on Preferences > Change Settings

- Make sure that "Display Personal Messages:" is set to "As Conversation"

- Tick the "Show Most Recent Personal Messages at the top" box to enable it

- Tick the "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default. " box to enable it

Once you do that, we can go from there

Went in and checked all of this, I think those are the default settings because I didn't have to change anything.