You are Here:
Good morning

Author (Read 664 times)

Good morning
« on: April 24, 2013, 12:28:08 AM »

TishToshTesh

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I understand this sort of introductory post is traditional.

I'm the author of Tish Tosh Tesh (http://tishtoshtesh.wordpress.com/), an art, gaming and photography blog.  I'm a technical artist in the video game industry by day, game designer, artist and photographer in my spare time.

Lately, I've been dabbling in playing card design as a side project, and I found my way here when looking for design tips, feedback and Kickstarter advice.

It looks like a nice place around here from what I've seen.  Thanks for making it available!

Tesh
Author of Tish Tosh Tesh, an art, gaming and photography blog.

Re: Good morning
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 01:19:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
We're glad to have you aboard, Tesh.  Make yourself at home, don't mind the stains on the couch remember to leave a light on when you leave!  :))

Seriously, you'll find we're generally a good bunch here, passionate about playing cards and things associated with them.  The Search function is your friend, there's a good deal of history here if you feel like doming some spelunking into the older topics and if you need something, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:30:16 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Game design? First of your kind here. I definitely wish I knew more people in the field though, as it's one of the most interesting and enjoyable fields to be in. Unfortunately it's also ridiculously hard to break through in.

Welcome to the forums mate.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 02:38:09 PM »

TishToshTesh

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Thank you, gentlemen!  It's been fun perusing the archives so far.

I should note, I'm an indie game designer, just doing this sort of thing in my spare time.  I do love it, but yes, it would be tricky to make a career of it.  Designing games is a gratifying exercise and a lot of fun, but it's definitely a tricky market.  I think games are important, but they are pretty much a luxury good, and, like so many other creative endeavors, working in that space is unstable.  My career in video games is unstable enough, I'm not sure I'd want to try to support my family on board and card games.  It's a fun hobby that occasionally sees some fruit, though, and it's just plain fun to do.  That has to count for something.
Author of Tish Tosh Tesh, an art, gaming and photography blog.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 02:57:35 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
There is definitely a formula for the games market. However, unless you have ~250-1000k$ to throw around, that formula can't really be met. Typically, a well rounded team of people working for several years pull off great successes, but that investment has to be made. As with most businesses, that initial investment is the tricky part. Also, finding a team of well rounded people. :P

Cards are more stable, but the potential to make millions is definitely not here.
Forum Founder.