You are Here:
Hm. So.

Author (Read 548 times)

Hm. So.
« on: February 01, 2013, 02:11:04 AM »

nicknamehere

• Newcomer
I think I did something like this once. Then I returned to lurking forever.

So I'm Stephanie and I operate from southern California. I started as a cardist when I was in high school and evolved to parlor tricks along the way. I stopped for a while for various reasons and then when I took it up again in college, I proceeded to sprain both my thumbs consecutively (huehuehue). Magic's always been in the back of my mind ever since I started though, so I decided to try for it again now that my academic workload seems like it's not trying to kill me. I'm trying to be a magician with some cardistry skills and I have a fondness for collecting playing cards and other paraphernalia of the vices.

I found this place while I was hunting for information on some decks and found that not only do card collectors have their own little hole, this place has an entire category dedicated to designing decks which I am totally going to stalk. I also wanted to see the pictures in the threads. They're very nice pictures.

Did I cover everything?

Re: Hm. So.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 03:04:50 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

**pokes Stephanie's cheek**  Wait wait wait... are you a girl?!
HALLELUJIAH!!!! Another one of my kind! im so happy! **shakes both hands of Stephanie"

Welcome welcome to the Discourse!!!!!!!!!
We're so happy to have you here. (more like, I'm super stoked to have you join us!)..
Oh dear you sprained your thumbs? what happened? im sure you're all better now right? Anyway forgive the over enthusiasm of mine. Its just I'm surrounded by boys and a few men here hahaha! (I love you guys).
Wow a female magician with cardistry as a side arsenal. I like it!

And yes we have a lot of juicy information on decks in the design stage and we've helped out some aspiring designers improve their decks. :) Its a very very nice place to be in. And a great place to keep updated with current and upcoming deck releases.

I'm glad you are liking the forums. Stalk/lurk/reply and post to your heart's content. :) In any case you are looking for particular topics you can alwys use the SEARCH function that always comes in handy. Should you have any questions feel free to message any of the moderators. :) We would be more than happy to help.

in the meantime ENJOY! and WELCOME!

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:40:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I think I did something like this once. Then I returned to lurking forever.

So I'm Stephanie and I operate from southern California. I started as a cardist when I was in high school and evolved to parlor tricks along the way. I stopped for a while for various reasons and then when I took it up again in college, I proceeded to sprain both my thumbs consecutively (huehuehue). Magic's always been in the back of my mind ever since I started though, so I decided to try for it again now that my academic workload seems like it's not trying to kill me. I'm trying to be a magician with some cardistry skills and I have a fondness for collecting playing cards and other paraphernalia of the vices.

I found this place while I was hunting for information on some decks and found that not only do card collectors have their own little hole, this place has an entire category dedicated to designing decks which I am totally going to stalk. I also wanted to see the pictures in the threads. They're very nice pictures.

Did I cover everything?

Stephanie, I'm glad to have you aboard.  I'm also pleased that you decided to break with lurking (again) and join in the festivities!  It sounds to me like you've got a lot to offer the community, and they'll happily reciprocate.  Not only that, but the guys tend to behave better when there's a woman around!  :))  (Women are definitely the driving force behind civilization, emphasis on the civil!)  So make yourself at home, and remember that the only stupid question is the one that you don't ask.  If there's anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, just contact one of the other mods or me and we'll do what we can to help you.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »

ibrahimjaber

• Paranoid Polly
Welcome to The Discourse & Have a great time :)