• True Member
Well Hello, anything new out there ?

Re: Modern playing cards
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 02:10:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Of course there is!

Welcome, Edward.  What brings you to our little patch of the Interwebs?  :))

Are you a collector, player, magician, cardist, Jedi Master, none of the above?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 02:43:50 AM »

Edward

• True Member
Hey there, I collect certain decks from everybody, I'm into Elusionist, Aurum, De'vo decks mostly. I bought the Laser cut Aurum deck, I don't dare open it. Has anybody?  Just tooling around and getting a feel on what's this all about.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 03:38:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Well, enjoy looking around.  We try to keep fairly up-to-date on what's going on in the card community.  Reading the New Deck Report and Archive (NDR) is a good way to keep up on what's coming up and is broken into four charts:

Current Kickstarter Projects
Successfully-Completed Kickstarter Projects
Company Projects
Coupon Codes for Retailers

A new chart is drawn up once a day, leaving a "trail" of old charts for anyone interested in looking over the history of what's been coming out (that's a relatively new feature so the history's not too deep yet, but there are lots of old posts full of information as well).

Check out the older topics on the boards if you like.  Feel free to add a new post if you have something relevant to contribute to the conversation.  The search feature will help you find topics - and if you don't find a topic covering what you want to know, well, make one!

We're generally pretty friendly here, and only bite when there's a full moon.  Have fun!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 07:43:00 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Well hello and welcome to what we call, the discourse! A community which includes many various wonderful and intellectual people. Everybody offers something; Don, for example for his superb knowledge on playing cards and his classic good looks, Lara; for her charming and friendly attitude, Alex; the boss man CBJ, Sr15, Evan and gunshy (just to name a few) are good blokes and Joker and the Thief (Thats me! Or us... (Let's not open that can of worms)) who offer a unique style of deck review. Check us out. Back on track, please do check out the deck review section and the PCP (playing card plethora board) for all intel on decks and the newest releases.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Please enjoy your stay man!
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 11:12:13 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Well hello and welcome to what we call, the discourse! A community which includes many various wonderful and intellectual people. Everybody offers something; Don, for example for his superb knowledge on playing cards and his classic good looks, Lara; for her charming and friendly attitude, Alex; the boss man CBJ, Sr15, Evan and gunshy (just to name a few) are good blokes and Joker and the Thief (Thats me! Or us... (Let's not open that can of worms)) who offer a unique style of deck review. Check us out. Back on track, please do check out the deck review section and the PCP (playing card plethora board) for all intel on decks and the newest releases.

Do I not offer anything? lol

Welcome to the forums man.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Do I not offer anything? lol

Absolutely John, we love you too! Haha
Joker and the Thief

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 10:21:20 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Oh dear!!! Im so sorry for this super late welcome message!!!!!

Anyway better late than never right?
Anyway nice to meet you Edward. I hope you are not a Sparkly vampire

Well its nice to have you aboard with us. @Don has more or less given you a run down on whats here in the forums so let me just give you a nice warm welcome (even if its late)

I do hope you enjoy your stay with us here at the forums! Dont hesistate to message us if there is anything you need help in. :) We're only a PM away.

xoxo
Lara

New to Cardistry~
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 06:04:55 PM »

Edward

• True Member
Here we go,,, I am Edward from Ct.  I've been collecting decks for three yrs. now and have a vast collection. Mostley  Modern Best Decks,, Ya the ones that sell on Ebay for  $80.00 bucks and up,,, I have just got into Cardistry , well maybe about  six months ago, I practice about five to six Hrs. a day, I feel ( Shade ) Allan Jay, is the best new one out there, How do you all feel on this ,, Cardistry I'm at,,

Re: New to Cardistry~
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 08:41:31 PM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Your amount of practice time was very good and you should retain that amount of dedication if you are going to keep doing it passionately. If you can up the ante slightly with practice, you'll excel faster.

Inspiration is your friend, try to come up with original content and define your own unique style. Try and look at other Cardists style. For example watch videos from superb Cardists such as the Buck Twins, Tobias Levin, Henrik Forberg, Oliver Sogard, Michael James and Andrei Jihk. Just to name a few.

Also, choose your decks carefully. Some decks will suit your newfound style of cardistry, others will not. You will find certain decks that you enjoy after handling many different cards. To keep track of what you like, try a top 10 deck list. It allows you to keep track of great handling cards that you enjoy. If you can, stock up on them.

Most importantly, make sure you learn all of the basics and progress.

Joker and the Thief

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 08:49:17 PM »

Edward

• True Member
I do this for Myself only...

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 08:53:16 PM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I do this for Myself only...

What do you mean?
Joker and the Thief

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 08:54:59 PM »

Edward

• True Member
 What do you need ?

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Joker and the Thief

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 09:07:14 PM »

Edward

• True Member
The Best of the Best  ,, Gotta go Goodnight,, Big day tomorrow ,,