You are Here:
Hello Everyone :)

Author (Read 498 times)

Hello Everyone :)
« on: October 31, 2012, 11:08:04 AM »

Yin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Hello! (Hi Alex! Hi Don! Hi Adam! :))

I've been lurking around for a bit before sending in my application to join the forums.

To be honest the initial few days that I decided on collecting I've been looking at all the companies selling them wanting to buy one or two of everything (one to open, one to keep lol). But in the end I realised that I'll be going broke doing so. And the shipping (internationally) already takes a chunk out of it. I did buy some decks from an online store recently though. Was frantically looking for the Blue Blood decks from Uusi and managed to get some ( and some Arcanes and Black Tigers) from bmpokerworld.

I've been pledging for quite a few decks on Kickstarter, Quicksilver, Cthulhu and the lovely Bohemia deck to name a few. So these are the decks that I pledged quite a number of, and will be using to play with and maybe set aside a couple for my collection.

This forum is a great place for me to check out the newest decks, comments about the decks (I'm still learning) the different card stocks and finishing and gasp at some of the collections you guys have amassed so far.

Thanks for reading! :)

Yin

Re: Hello Everyone :)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
This is a first - getting a first-name greeting from a former lurker!  :))

I'm sure you know by now that we're a rowdy bunch but only in a good way. You might have fun checking out the "Fact or Fiction" topic at the top of the Playing Card Plethora; lots of knowledge to be found there.  There's also the New Deck Report there - you want to know what's going on at Kickstarter or from the other card companies (and maybe find some useful coupon codes for discounts from sellers and resellers), that's the place to look.

Go on, get your toes wet and have a good time!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 06:35:26 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Glad to see you make the transformation from lurker to "newcomer" :P

Enjoy the forum! Don't be afraid to voice your opinions and post new threads with questions, info etc.The goal here is to continue expanding the card collecting market and get new people like yourself into it. Enjoy the boards mate.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 12:42:45 AM »

Yin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Thanks guys!

Dang that coupon code for bmpokerworld would have been useful earlier ::) Oh well. :P

And there's a wealth of information here that I'm going to read through ( I only read the playing cards section when I was a lurker :P) before posting and maybe make a fool of myself :P

Thanks for having this forum!

Yin

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 06:22:24 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Heya! I know this is a rather late response but WELCOME to the  Discourse!
I'm pretty sure the others have welcomed you warmly.
We are always glad to have lurkers become posters and members! That always makes up happy!!

Well I hope you find everything here at Discourse to your liking. Tons of posts and topics on new upcoming decks and even those deck still in developments. Juicy Juicy stuff!

Feel free to use the Search Function in case you are looking for something in specific, it can really help you save time going through individual posts. Don't be hesitate to ask any of us admins/mods in the event that you have a question or concern!

again Welcome! WELCOME!
WE HAVE COOKIES!

xoxo
Lara Krystle Novales

[/size]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:29:17 AM by Lara Krystle "Lane" »