You are Here:
Fluffy is here :)

Author (Read 832 times)

Fluffy is here :)
« on: October 05, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »

FluffyKitten

• Newcomer
hello!

I can to this place from kick starter. I have only just started collecting cards about 6 weeks ago and I have on hand 24 decks already. Plus  more in the mail. 2 in a completed KS project and about 5 others in current projects not counting duplicates. OUCH!!

So I have the bug!

Share anything you think I should know and so on.

Fk

Re: Fluffy is here :)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:44:17 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hello, Fluffy!

We're a pretty friendly bunch here.  Just poke into some of the more recent topics and see what's worth writing about for you.  But first, I recommend checking out the forum rules!

If you want to look for specific information, use the search function and there's a good chance that if it happened any time in the past year in the world of playing cards, we have a topic about it here.

If you still have questions, the other moderators and me are happy to assist - please contact us via private message (PM).
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 10:06:28 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Oh man, I love seeing these addictions flourish. It begins with just a few decks, and a few months from now, you'll have over 100. :|
Forum Founder.

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:51:11 PM »

FluffyKitten

• Newcomer
Oh man, I love seeing these addictions flourish. It begins with just a few decks, and a few months from now, you'll have over 100. :|

i m know, im so excited!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:51:38 PM by FluffyKitten »

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 11:31:33 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

i m know, im so excited!

Just be careful - I've been collecting for about 21.5 months now, and I have about 1,300 decks, around 500 unique designs both current and vintage and a lot less money...  :))

Be very selective in what you pick out for your collection.  Don't just get something because everyone else is or because you only think you have to have it.  Go firmly with what you really like (or love).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:32:48 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 08:06:27 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Welcome fluffy!

Uh oh you're hooked! there's nothing like that feeling when you spot another package in the mail!!

I'll echo what Don has said though, it is easy to get caught up in the rush of the latest "must have" decks, I have decks in my collection that I don't actually like (Propaganda as an example) though at the time it was the latest release from t11 so of course a must have I haven't bought any of the last releases from D&D, T11 or Ellusionist, but have backed many kickstarter projects.

You also don't need to buy 2 bricks of every release!!! What I'll say is collect what appeals to you and not what you or others think you should. Having said that try and get a Gold Arcane!!!

if you have any questions ask away, we're a friendly bunch honest, and there's some very knowledgeable folks around the boards

Collect what you love, Love what you collect

Enjoy your stay!!
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »

FluffyKitten

• Newcomer
thanks everyone for being so welcoming!!!

i have a pack in the mail for delivery (today i think) and thats from theory11 with 8 decks, though i wanted more.

and they have a new deck out now http://www.theory11.com/playingcards/players-daniel-madison
for which i have NO interest. 

yeah, i am limiting myself to one deck of kind unless i LOVE it, then i get two regardless of future value or lack thereof (the ecoedition i REALLY like so might get three of those) or i plan to sell for profit, then i will get more.  but i dont plan to have two of every deck even let alone a brick!