You are Here:
NEW DECK - DB White Lions: Black Label

Author (Read 5983 times)

Re: NEW DECK - DB White Lions: Black Label
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 03:24:43 PM »

Cardist888

Do u guys think tat db will make a double deal on this deck cause i dont want to order today. Ive already ordered somthin today so cant this week.
Btw shipping for me costed 8$ for 2 decks and i live like 30 mins from there warehouse

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It's somewhat stupid and suspicious that big companies like D&D or David Blaine aren't able to use the same low shipping quotes that of people from eBay or Kickstarter. Note that we're talking about the SAME shipping method, which is, in my case, USPS Priority Mail International.

You know that something is wrong when it's cheaper to buy from resellers on eBay than from a pre-sale on a official website. Even though resellers' product prices may be a little higher, their total price (products + shipping) is lower.

I agree, and think it's in very poor taste to charge so much for shipping. It's certainly OK to add a little for your shipping materials and handling time, but that should not add up to what we often see from these big name stores.

I  do feel cheated when DB just keeps increasing the shipping cost. It was $10 for Blue white lions, $15 for Red ones and now $19 for the black label??? And i live an hour away from their office, if they keep increase the shipping price i expect DB to deliver my cards in person :)

Allow me to play devil's advocate here for a moment.

Until recently, D. Blaine Productions did all their shipping from their downtown office.  The warehouse is relatively new.  That means the cost includes not just the cost of the mail and packaging, but there's the cost of the warehouse rent, the payroll for the shipping department...and they don't get the volume discounts that companies like Amazon get because they don't deal in the volume that Amazon does.

Kickstarter projects are usually one or two people inviting all their friends and family over for pizza and packing, so there's no warehouse rent, payrolls, health insurance, etc.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 07:58:05 AM »

jhayel84

• True Member
Just wondering why the DB White Lions: Black Label are expensive than the previous series B decks? is it because what Don has said regarding the change of warehouse?

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 08:01:16 AM »

securechanger

Again and Again the shipping cost problem.

I will waiting another release may be Gold Label ? Silver Label ? Or may be NO LABEL :D

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 08:21:05 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
haha sorry my spelling just gets worse each day ><
yeah john b i only have opned one deck of each diffrent deck i have out of the 30 chinatown i have only 1 is open so getting more than 38 of this deck would useless the only deck i opned a few of is bike decks
also i prefer to take the seal sticker of these white lions i love the sticker but think it looks better without it was a bit of a kuffuffle to remove but now its off the deck is smooth and perfect like it was never there

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 09:09:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
yeah john b i only have opned one deck of each diffrent deck i have out of the 30 chinatown i have only 1 is open so getting more than 38 of this deck would useless the only deck i opned a few of is bike decks
also i prefer to take the seal sticker of these white lions i love the sticker but think it looks better without it was a bit of a kuffuffle to remove but now its off the deck is smooth and perfect like it was never there

You do realize there's a very cool trick that you can do with the deck seal on White Lions decks?  A trick that doesn't work with the Series B and Black Label decks when you remove it?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:10:21 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

You do realize there's a very cool trick that you can do with the deck seal on White Lions decks?  A trick that doesn't work with the Series B and Black Label decks when you remove it?

wow really what it is it ? ^^ i might have to stick it back on

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 09:38:13 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Are you sure Don? There is something printed under the seal on the series B deck (or am I thinking of something else entirely?).
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 11:45:20 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Are you sure Don? There is something printed under the seal on the series B deck (or am I thinking of something else entirely?).

It says exactly the same thing it said under the seals of the Series A decks.  David used it on me in a mentalism trick which was very cool...  You can even SEE what it says in Zaganh's photo, since he removed his seal completely!

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 02:37:35 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
thought everyone had seen these pics but don said you hadnt haha i saw them ages ago before the series blue white lions came out a friend of mine on facebook had a prblem when thos exspensive card clips came out he bought one and it was late somthing like that anyway blaine sent him a deck of silver split spades and black sticker series b white lions and this was before the blue series was even out

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 01:20:49 AM »

jhayel84

• True Member
I finally received my WL Black Label Deck! The tuck box looks good. The cards are the same except for the color but who cares it's a DB's deck!

The Black Label is a bit special than the series B blue and red coz its a bit more expensive by $1!  ;) In reference to what Don has said DB has increased the price to cover their expenses on their new warehouse