White lions series "b" Red

Author (Read 14728 times)

Re: White lions series "b" Red
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2012, 02:02:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Are you sure this guy's on the up-and-up?  Because that photo shows a deck that could be a color-altered black SS Lions pack.  What raised my suspicions is that the deck seal's white border has already gone translucent, a process that usually takes a good number of months to occur.  Not to mention that it sounds odd that they'd simply give him both decks, neither of which were in release, just for purchasing one of his (albeit pricey) deck clips - AND that we haven't heard "boo" from any other clip buyers that they got the same treatment.  Why would he be the sole recipient?  Does he know David Blaine personally?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2012, 02:13:21 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Are you sure this guy's on the up-and-up?  Because that photo shows a deck that could be a color-altered black SS Lions pack.  What raised my suspicions is that the deck seal's white border has already gone translucent, a process that usually takes a good number of months to occur.  Not to mention that it sounds odd that they'd simply give him both decks, neither of which were in release, just for purchasing one of his (albeit pricey) deck clips - AND that we haven't heard "boo" from any other clip buyers that they got the same treatment.  Why would he be the sole recipient?  Does he know David Blaine personally?

yeah hes called jeb cheng hes a really good collector he wouldnt make it up he got it due to there been a problem either late shipping or sothing with the clip but they sent his clip with these 2 before the series blue was even out i thought he was a member here so didnt bother mentioning it it was ages ago i saw these pics haha
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 02:19:04 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2012, 02:27:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

yeah hes called jeb cheng hes a really good collector he wouldnt make it up he got it due to there been a problem either late shipping or sothing with the clip but they sent his clip with these 2 before the series blue was even out i thought he was a member here so didnt bother mentioning it it was ages ago i saw these pics haha

You should "share the wealth" and post these photos in the appropriate topics for the Silver SS Lions and the WL Black Label decks.

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2012, 02:35:30 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

You should "share the wealth" and post these photos in the appropriate topics for the Silver SS Lions and the WL Black Label decks.

im doing it now thanks don im shocked not many people saw them i htought they would be everywhere usually everyone beats me here with news so i dont bother posting nothing i asume its here haha

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2012, 12:18:29 AM »

jhayel84

• True Member
I know that DB WL Series B red was not all sold out Is it fair to say that Mr Blaine will offer to sell these again as signed edition?

Just received my black label edition and they look a bit special! why? coz it is a bit expensive than the series B blue and red! lol

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2012, 01:02:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I know that DB WL Series B red was not all sold out Is it fair to say that Mr Blaine will offer to sell these again as signed edition?

Just received my black label edition and they look a bit special! why? coz it is a bit expensive than the series B blue and red! lol

It is not fair to say that.  He's already offered a signature edition of this deck.  It's possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If your "Black Label" deck looks "a bit special" because "it is a bit expensive than the series B blue and red," perhaps you should mention that over at the topic for the Black Label deck...

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2013, 07:09:21 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
 :karrit:

So it seems that david decided to sell the Red White Lions AGAIN....

they are up in his store...

also his special deal (shirt + 2 signed packs of blue white lions) its gone...  :(
Form Follows Function

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2013, 12:00:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

also his special deal (shirt + 2 signed packs of blue white lions) its gone...  :(

Red is there, as is Black Label.  They were the last two decks offered and it would seem he found extra lying around in the back of the warehouse.  The Blue is still there as an autographed two-deck set, no shirt.  That deal's been moved to the White Lions Variety Box - which I'm really tempted to get...

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2013, 05:28:20 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular

Red is there, as is Black Label.  They were the last two decks offered and it would seem he found extra lying around in the back of the warehouse.  The Blue is still there as an autographed two-deck set, no shirt.  That deal's been moved to the White Lions Variety Box - which I'm really tempted to get...

i picked up the varity box W/o the shirt. It should be on my doorstep today (fingers crossed) with some extra decks of the black label and the silver split spades. That brick box the set comes in is pretty sweet!  i missed out on the last varity box he offered so i had to scoop this set up.

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2013, 04:54:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

i picked up the varity box W/o the shirt. It should be on my doorstep today (fingers crossed) with some extra decks of the black label and the silver split spades. That brick box the set comes in is pretty sweet!  i missed out on the last varity box he offered so i had to scoop this set up.

I know about those boxes.  The first one he did had a red bottom with a black lid, all the others have been all black.  I ordered a couple of boxes that arrived damaged and I ended up meeting him as a result of them - he personalized one of them for me, making it one of a kind!

We have a topic about it here somewhere.

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2013, 02:06:50 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular

i picked up the variety box W/o the shirt. It should be on my doorstep today (fingers crossed) with some extra decks of the black label and the silver split spades. That brick box the set comes in is pretty sweet!  i missed out on the last variety box he offered so i had to scoop this set up.

I know about those boxes.  The first one he did had a red bottom with a black lid, all the others have been all black.  I ordered a couple of boxes that arrived damaged and I ended up meeting him as a result of them - he personalized one of them for me, making it one of a kind!

We have a topic about it here somewhere.

Don,
that seems like a pretty nice deal. I've read some posts about him calling other people when their items were delayed, etc... seem like he's really in touch with his fan's which is hard to come by these days. I'm glad you got the opportunity to meet him (although I'm sure it was a frustrating road to get there with all the mishaps). I've seen the red/black boxes you described. I got my black box yesterday and its way sturdy compared to the normal brick boxes. I'm glad i picked one up although they released the red decks (singles) for sale after i ordered and shipping on two decks alone is a killer.  :( so i missed the boat on that by a day, oh well i have enough to tide me over....for now. :karrit:

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2013, 08:13:13 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don,
that seems like a pretty nice deal. I've read some posts about him calling other people when their items were delayed, etc... seem like he's really in touch with his fan's which is hard to come by these days. I'm glad you got the opportunity to meet him (although I'm sure it was a frustrating road to get there with all the mishaps). I've seen the red/black boxes you described. I got my black box yesterday and its way sturdy compared to the normal brick boxes. I'm glad i picked one up although they released the red decks (singles) for sale after i ordered and shipping on two decks alone is a killer.  :( so i missed the boat on that by a day, oh well i have enough to tide me over....for now. :karrit:

Look at it like this: you got the cool box AND the autograph!

Honestly, if you have the bucks, snap up some more.  It's not like they grow on trees, right?  :))

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2013, 01:37:45 AM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular
Don,

Look at it like this: you got the cool box AND the autograph!

Honestly, if you have the bucks, snap up some more.  It's not like they grow on trees, right?  :))

I know I really cant wait to see the next box he puts together. I would buy some more but i have to be careful with my spending, She is an amazing woman but, my wife is only so tolerant of my playing card habit.  ;) and i picked up a few ornate decks and half a brick of the truth gardens earlier today so I need to lay low for a while.

oh by the way were you able to scoop up some of the truth garden decks today don? i remember you saying in another thread you were worried you were gonna miss the boat.

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2013, 03:44:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I know I really cant wait to see the next box he puts together. I would buy some more but i have to be careful with my spending, She is an amazing woman but, my wife is only so tolerant of my playing card habit.  ;) and i picked up a few ornate decks and half a brick of the truth gardens earlier today so I need to lay low for a while.

oh by the way were you able to scoop up some of the truth garden decks today don? i remember you saying in another thread you were worried you were gonna miss the boat.

In some ways, his Variety Boxes are a lot like the D&D boxes - the first was great and the rest progressively less so.  I'm not knocking the later ones - I wouldn't mind owning any of them - but the first was and will be hard to top.  I have two of the first one, and one of the second (which if memory serves was all Split Spades Lions in blue, red and "sepia").  I picked up a few of his releases in the two-deck sets after they'd sold out at retail (I didn't mind the increase because the value had also gone up and it's cool to have his autograph) and I got the second-round release of his leather clips (which was the first round to include the White Lions gaff cards - the most recent was the third round).

I've heard from one source that he was looking to release the set as a complete deck eventually - but heard from another that it won't have the exact same set of cards that he had before.  The early-release versions with the leather clips were only thirty-some-odd cards, not full decks, and the remaining cards were for himself to keep and use in performance.  I got a quick look through a complete deck including the unreleased cards recently, courtesy of William Kalush - his collection of modern cards alone would turn most of this entire board green with envy!  The full-deck release will likely have duplicates of some of the cards from the short decks, with maybe a few new original cards.

In the short deck, ALL of the gaffs involved using red and blue decks.  If you ever see David Blaine perform with a White Lions Black Label deck, there's a so-so chance he's not using gaffs (assuming that none of the cards I got a three-second skim-over of were black-backed)...  :))  It makes sense, since reds and blues can be used with either Series A or B.

Nearly forgot: regarding Garden, yes, I bought only two, despite the highway-robbery shipping prices.  Even those I'm bothered over, they were so costly.  This trend towards sharply-increasing prices will eventually choke the goose laying the golden eggs and destroy growth in the collectors' market.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:46:38 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2013, 04:59:46 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
 :o

David pulls out a good offer on his site.. TODAY (and probably just today)

If you didn't get The red white lions, or the black ones o the SSS, well this is your chance.

$4 each deck and any deck.

Of course the only bad thing is that you can only buy 2 or 12 of the same kind, no mix and match  :(

So if you didnt have some of those great cards... this is a good offer.

http://shop.davidblaine.com/products/white-lions-series-b-red

I widh the blue ones were the ones available  :-\ those are the only ones im missing in double digits :(
Form Follows Function

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2013, 08:11:08 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm so sorely tempted to buy some, but I have to restrain myself...  It's an excellent deal, one not likely to be repeated.

Did anyone happen to notice that these decks are a SECOND PRINTING?  I don't think Blaine's ever announced before that he's reprinted one of his decks.

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2013, 08:21:49 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Shipping for 2 decks is like $8, to much for my blood.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2013, 08:42:41 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
I'm so sorely tempted to buy some, but I have to restrain myself...  It's an excellent deal, one not likely to be repeated.

Did anyone happen to notice that these decks are a SECOND PRINTING?

Wat... where does it say that?
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2013, 08:54:32 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!

I know it says this on the Red White Lions Series B page:

"Our entire run of White Lions Series A playing cards sold out in just a few hours. Due to popular demand, we have reimagined, reworked, and reprinted the deck so they can be released for sale."

And this on the Black Label White Lions page:

"Our entire run of White Lions Series A playing cards sold out in just a few hours. Due to popular demand, we have reimagined, reworked, and reprinted the deck so they can be released for sale."

But I think they were referring to the Series A. Unless I am mistaken, these are not reprints of the Series B. That description is probably just there from the initial release if I'm guessing correctly. And if I'm even reading the same thing as Don was reading.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:55:15 PM by Michael »
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2013, 10:13:48 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
$40 for shipping is not cool i wont be buying from this sweet sweet deal  :(
Form Follows Function

« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2013, 11:29:25 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I know it says this on the Red White Lions Series B page:

And this on the Black Label White Lions page:

But I think they were referring to the Series A. Unless I am mistaken, these are not reprints of the Series B. That description is probably just there from the initial release if I'm guessing correctly. And if I'm even reading the same thing as Don was reading.

I guess I read it a little too quickly...  :))

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2013, 11:34:55 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos

Don i know you're getting older and your vision is changing, maybe you need to invest in a pair of glasses.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2013, 11:37:43 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!

Don i know you're getting older and your vision is changing, maybe you need to invest in a pair of glasses.

:)) :)) who doesn't misread every once in a while. But it is a great deal but it makes me laugh when I think about how cheap they were when first released compared to how much you can find them for now. I'm glad I didn't have to pay inflated prices. But the shipping is a little higher than I expected it to be.... Shame.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2013, 12:33:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

So, $8 including shipping is too much?  You don't even see Kickstarters that cheap anymore!  They were originally something like $7 a pack plus shipping!!

Well, I actually do have a lens prescription I need to fill, but it's more for distance.  The bifocals will come soon enough...  What I'd really like is to have the laser corrective surgery and be done with it, but I think my insurance still considers it "experimental" after all these years, despite the data that in the long run, glasses and contacts are more expensive in most cases...

Correct me down to 20/15 and I'll be a happy camper!

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2013, 12:37:40 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

So, $8 including shipping is too much?  You don't even see Kickstarters that cheap anymore!  They were originally something like $7 a pack plus shipping!!

Well, I actually do have a lens prescription I need to fill, but it's more for distance.  The bifocals will come soon enough...  What I'd really like is to have the laser corrective surgery and be done with it, but I think my insurance still considers it "experimental" after all these years, despite the data that in the long run, glasses and contacts are more expensive in most cases...

Correct me down to 20/15 and I'll be a happy camper!

$16 is to much at the moment, had a lot to pay recently.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.