• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yay, you finally revealed these!

Everyone, I've had a set of these for a while and they are truly beautiful boxes. They are NOTHING like the white garbage you get from USPCC. These are real boxes made of very hefty almost-card-stock-paper and gorgeous printing.

You would all be well served to get some if you are buying Ornates, and even if not they make a great way to display or store your decks. They are so nice that I will probably be making some for Aurum/Encarded.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

Re: ORNATE Playing Cards - Coming Soon to HOPC
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:40 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

Thanks Paul!

I wanted to add another comment to avoid any confusion on the Brick Boxes. The Blue or Red designs will come with Brick purchases from HOPC, but ALL 4 of the designs will be selling separately (and without decks) on my Midnight Cards site.

My thinking was that a lot of people would like to store or display their decks in a nice Brick Box but might not have the money to purchase 12 decks at a time. I'm taking a gamble on there being a market for selling empty Brick Boxes! The Black and Purple designs will only be available at my Midnight Cards site.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Paul said it right! These boxes are precious gems compared to the boxes of *coughUSPCCcough*

Randy, I highly anticipate this set. Cards, chips and boxes... You should give yourself a huge pat on the back for a job well done! I can never stop complimenting you for doing such a fantastic job on these.

oh BTW Paul... whats the status on my Tendrils? any word? just PM me on facebook so not to stray off topic. :P

xoxo
Lara

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »

Lilyas

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

Randy, I highly anticipate this set. Cards, chips and boxes... You should give yourself a huge pat on the back for a job well done! I can never stop complimenting you for doing such a fantastic job on these.

I only can agree with that!

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 12:35:01 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I also can attest to how amazing the brick boxes are.  They are nearly twice the thickness of the USPCC sleeve.  It's very sturdy and holds your decks snugly. I don't even need to talk about how beautiful they look, you can see that for yourself!

This is definitely the card stock USPCC should be using.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 12:55:49 PM »

Lilyas

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

This is definitely the card stock USPCC should be using.

Exactly, Russell!

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
These are the coolest brick boxes I've ever seen! I think it's awesome that you made new things like the header position and other things. Looks great!

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Randy is the Bee's Knees!  Super talented, and very easy to work with.  We're so excited about the launch of this deck next week over at HOPC.

To reiterate - Randy spearheaded the creation of his poker chips, brick boxes, etc.  Much in the same way that Jimmy K spearheaded the coins and clips for his Mechanic brand.

HOPC will be offering the Scarlet and Sapphire decks.  Orders of 12 (12 blue or 12 red) will come with the appropriate matching brick box, signed by Randy.  HOPC has only 100 of each color brick box, so we will not be offering them indefinitely.  Randy will be offering all 4 brick designs individually through his Midnight Cards site.

Everything about these decks - cards, tucks, bricks, poker chips, etc is beautiful! You guys are gonna love them!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Oh gosh, sometimes I wish I were artistically talented. Or at least I owned a big card company so I would be able to see and own amazing deck designs such as this one ahead of time. Are you planning on making a series out of these or something along those lines?

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2012, 10:49:29 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
Randy is the Bee's Knees!  Super talented, and very easy to work with.  We're so excited about the launch of this deck next week over at HOPC.

Hey Kevin, the feeling is mutual!
Working with Kevin and Alex has been great. It was obvious from the very beginning that they know a lot about this industry and wanted to create a great place for designers with the creation of HOPC. It's been pretty cool being a small piece of a company as they start everything from the ground up. I would recommend HOPC to any designer wanting to create their own deck!

One of the things that I think isn't mentioned or brought to the forefront enough about HOPC is that they handle all of the dealings with USPCC. That was a lifesaver with me. I think if I was doing this on my own, and they tried pulling some of the last minute stuff we had to deal with, I would've probably not been on USPCC's favorites list. I won't get into specifics but I will say that the original plan was to print the RED and BLUE Brick Boxes with USPCC. That didn't work out so well. Kevin was very calm and we came up with a solution that I think worked out perfectly and ultimately brought about the existence of the Brick Boxes Set!

I'm very glad the launch is almost here and I hope I can relax enough over the next week to get some sleep. I had a tough time sleeping last night as I was so nervous about everyone's reactions to the Brick Boxes!

@NathanCanadas - It's been hard enough getting all of the elements in place at the same time I haven't really thought about a series or anything like that. We did like how the Black and Gold looks together on the MIX Brick Box though!

thanks, Randy
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:51:27 PM by RandyButterfield »

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 12:57:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

@NathanCanadas - It's been hard enough getting all of the elements in place at the same time I haven't really thought about a series or anything like that. We did like how the Black and Gold looks together on the MIX Brick Box though!

thanks, Randy

So, after Scarlet and Sapphire - Soot?  :))  Kidding, of course - a black version of this deck would look impressive.  Perhaps you could team it with a green deck and release "Emerald" and "Ebony"?  They even have the same number of syllables as S&S!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 11:46:50 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

I had this Render ready for a Tuesday Reveal but kind of forgot about it!

thanks, Randy

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 11:55:57 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

Hey Everyone,

I put together a Sell Sheet that shows what's available where on Tuesday night.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 12:03:47 AM »

redtank151

• True Member
  • Something Funny here

• YouTube:
Wow, the brick boxes are amazing looking. Such a pity I can't afford to buy 12 decks at one go with so many releases around this time of the year.
Something even more funny here

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 01:10:04 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
Wow, the brick boxes are amazing looking. Such a pity I can't afford to buy 12 decks at one go with so many releases around this time of the year.

redtank151 - BLUE and RED Brick Boxes will come automically with 12-Deck orders from HOPC. All 4 of the Brick Boxes will be sold ala carte at MidnightCardCompany.com (without Cards). I think they are very reasonably priced, with a small discount for each 1 ordered.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 10:59:24 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

PRICING FOR THE CUSTOM BRICK BOXES:

Any ONE (1) Brick Box for $6.50

Any TWO (2) Brick Boxes for $12.50 ($6.25 each)

Any THREE (3) Brick Boxes for $18.00 ($6.00 each)

Any FOUR (4) Brick Boxes for $23.00 ($5.75 each)

NO PLAYING CARDS INCLUDED.

REMINDER: 12-Deck Scarlet or Sapphire orders (or 6 of each) from HouseofPlayingCards.com will come with RED or BLUE Brick Boxes at no extra cost. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. HOPC has 100 RED and 100 BLUE Brick Boxes available.

Empty Brick Boxes will only be available at MidnightCardCompany.com.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 11:22:55 PM »

redtank151

• True Member
  • Something Funny here

• YouTube:
So Randy, buying decks from the HOPC will only get the buyers a red or blue brick box, not the red-blue hybrid box or the midnight box?

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2012, 11:33:09 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
So Randy, buying decks from the HOPC will only get the buyers a red or blue brick box, not the red-blue hybrid box or the midnight box?

Correct, the PURPLE and BLACK Brick Boxes will only be available at MidnightCardCompany.com. HOPC has 100 RED and 100 BLUE Brick Boxes to go out with 12-Deck orders. Flat RED and BLUE Brick Boxes will also be available at MidnightCardCompany.com.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2012, 12:35:39 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
New question:

Limited edition?

Cards - yes
Brick boxes - yes
Chips - ?

Will there be other accessories, and will they be limited?

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2012, 01:15:29 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
New question:
Limited edition?

Cards - yes
Brick boxes - yes
Chips - ?
Will there be other accessories, and will they be limited?

Hey Don, the Poker Chips aren't limited at all. They are made-to-order by ABC and as far as I know are being added to the ABC catalog of Chips offered.

I had 1,000 Brick Boxes produced, 250 of each color. With 100 RED and 100 BLUE at HOPC I will have 150 RED, 150 BLUE, 250 BLACK and 250 PURPLE available on Tuesday. I'm not a big fan of limited items, so if they turn out to sell well I can get the printer to start manufacturing more right away and finish up in 2-3 weeks. Their quality is great - and they're fast!!

I'll also have the customizeable Art Prints. Anyone ordering an print can choose any ONE or FOUR Face or Back Designs, depending on if they order a 1UP or 4UP Art Print. I'll be handling those and sending them out to print on a per order basis. Not limited.

The only other items are some Cafepress Shirts and Hoodies with the Red and Blue Jokers with different backgrounds. Not limited. I'll post some pictures of them tomorrow. The Jokers are my personal favorites in the ORNATES.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2012, 01:29:51 AM »

redtank151

• True Member
  • Something Funny here

• YouTube:
Just another thing Randy, say I wanted to get the ornate decks, boxes and chips, I would need to buy the decks from HOPC, the boxes from Midnight company and the chips from ABC ? Does that mean I have to put in 3 orders at 3 different websites and pay shipping 3 times?

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2012, 02:26:14 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
Just another thing Randy, say I wanted to get the ornate decks, boxes and chips, I would need to buy the decks from HOPC, the boxes from Midnight company and the chips from ABC ? Does that mean I have to put in 3 orders at 3 different websites and pay shipping 3 times?

Yes, sorry but that was unavoidable. In order for the Poker Chips to be a viable option they needed to be printed and shipped by ABC to the consumer. If I ordered a large number of Poker Chips, paid to have them shipped to my home and then separated out specific Chip orders - I would've had to add a hefty per-Chip markup just so I wouldn't LOSE money. With them being created by ABC for the consumer directly there is no added markup, so the Poker Chips are available at the lowest price possible.

The only reason the custom Brick Boxes exist are because HOPC does such a great job of handling all aspects of getting the Playing Cards printed and shipped. Knowing that I wouldn't be shipping any of the Cards freed me up to explore something new - selling empty, custom printed Brick Boxes. The shipping fees I setup for the empty Brick Boxes are definitely not going to break anybody's bank, in my opinion.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 03:58:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Randy will have the decks in stock in limited numbers, so no, you could leave out the HOPC order, but that still means two orders.  Also you might want to check weights on those chips before rushing to order, considering you're shipping internationally.  Getting a decent amount could become expensive if it's too heavy.

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2012, 10:08:21 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

I'm just getting enough Decks from HOPC for personal use - they'll be mostly going to a few family members, friends and Poker buddies. I definitely won't be selling any Decks from my site. Knowing that I wouldn't have to sell or ship Decks is what opened up the idea of creating and selling the empty Brick Boxes!

thanks, Randy

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2012, 12:03:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I stand corrected.  There you have it redtank - three orders to get the works.