You are Here:
NEW DECK -- DB White Lions - Series "B" Blue

Author (Read 26678 times)

Re: NEW DECK -- DB White Lions - Series "B" Blue
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2012, 01:24:22 PM »

Cardist888

Well today got my brick :). I gotta say the brick box was pretty boring. Cant wait to open one! Mines didnt came with with silver ss or black label but still awesome cards!

« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2012, 01:32:50 PM »

amateur101

what would you think would happen if "my package was damaged" or "my deck was missing jokers" do you think they would supposively  ::)
cause apparently someones shipping was delayed and tehy recieved the 2 decks everyones craving
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:33:16 PM by amateur101 »

« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2012, 02:19:38 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I can't believe it, but they actually messed up my order AGAIN! I ordered a brick, plus 2 pairs, and they sent me one brick and one pair :/

Off to support  :)
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2012, 03:42:54 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I can't believe it, but they actually messed up my order AGAIN! I ordered a brick, plus 2 pairs, and they sent me one brick and one pair :/

Off to support  :)
Maybe you'll get a free Black label or silver split spades deck!

« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2012, 04:11:15 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
They sent me a brick and 5 of my decks have tears on the very top left of the box and one the tear is so big the you can see the cards!! All of this is under cello because I haven't opened one up yet.

« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Have no fear you guys, DB have a great customer service, so I wouldn't be surprised if you guys got replacements, if not extras and specials.

Brown Baggs, I'm also glad you're back!

You guys, don't be sad you didn't get an extra rare deck, be glad you were able to get this beautiful deck!

« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2012, 04:42:29 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Apparently I missed a detail on these. I thought that they all had the embossing on  the tuck cases, but that seems to not be the case. Is that what the whole black label thing is about? All the pics I ever saw of the deck had the emboss, so I thought that was the general release.

They sent me a brick and 5 of my decks have tears on the very top left of the box and one the tear is so big the you can see the cards!! All of this is under cello because I haven't opened one up yet.

Something similar happened to my Tendril decks and I had to carefully examine them all to weed out the ones that got messed up in finishing. A shame they didn't look through all that before shipping them out.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2012, 05:21:24 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
what would you think would happen if "my package was damaged" or "my deck was missing jokers" do you think they would supposively  ::)
cause apparently someones shipping was delayed and tehy recieved the 2 decks everyones craving

Are you implying scamming them by lying and saying your package was damaged, or that you were missing decks/cards?

If so, just know that this kind of practice is what leads to customer service policies like forcing people to ship back decks at their expense. All it takes is a few people trying to get free stuff for a good customer service policy to be ruined for everyone else.

And keep in mind with a small company like DB or T11 or E, the scamming is easily reflected on their revenue each month, and who suffers? I guarantee you it's the employees who strive to make your experience a good one. When there are constant fake complaints on top of real ones, you can bet your butt they get pay cuts, get fired, put on probation, etc.

Then again, your post was hard to comprehend so I may be out of line presuming that's what you want to do. :P
Forum Founder.

« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2012, 09:54:02 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I was sitting next to David at his office when his staff was investigating a similar, fraudulent claim - two people in two different parts of the world submitted damage claims with the exact same photo.  Their policy is that if they believe your claim is bogus, they ban you from ever purchasing from them again.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2012, 09:57:01 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

I was sitting next to David at his office when his staff was investigating a similar, fraudulent claim - two people in two different parts of the world submitted damage claims with the exact same photo.  Their policy is that if they believe your claim is bogus, they ban you from ever purchasing from them again.
Serves them right if they wanna be ignorant and take advantage of a company that made a product for them in the first place.  Some people......I tell ya.
- Adam

« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2012, 10:14:59 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

Wow I am not supporting scamming for free decks but if you are going to do it smart. dont use a pic someone else is using. the only time I ever had a messed up deck I just had to tell them and they sent me one (skulkor). I would feel really wierd trying to scam someone for a deck.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2012, 10:28:36 PM »

amateur101

woah don't give me hate but what if it actually does happen? Are the odds of a defected deck really low, because I really dont believe the blue artifice thread that was posted it seemed a bit to fishy to me that a deck like that was printed and sent out.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:44:29 PM by amateur101 »

« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2012, 12:56:24 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
woah don't give me hate but what if it actually does happen? Are the odds of a defected deck really low, because I really dont believe the blue artifice thread that was posted it seemed a bit to fishy to me that a deck like that was printed and sent out.

No one's giving you hate.  We're discussing a SIMILAR situation involving a fraudulent claim, as I mentioned in my post, and that's what people have been discussing.

I've seen a few impressive screw-ups, even for decks made at Q1 quality, the best quality control that USPC offers.  Most are simple, like cards cut badly off-center - I've had that in version-one Red Crown and Gold Seal New Fan Back in white.  Sometimes it's something more impressive, like the time I bought a plain ol' pack of Bikes and there was a gouge going through several of the cards in the deck, as if at some point in the process the sheet on the web press was scratched by something accidentally.  I had a deck of Primes that had a cut in the box under the cellophane.  There is nothing that would surprise me in regards to manufacturing errors that are possible in the production of playing cards, especially cards made in high volume (high volume = more opportunities for mistakes).

When contacting the company involved, especially if it's one of the better-known brands, you usually find great customer service.  I've been exceptionally lucky.

* I contacted David Blaine's office about a mixed-up order and a couple of dented Variety Boxes; I ended up meeting him and his creative team for a few hours at his office, where he personalized his signature on one of my Variety Boxes - the only one to receive such treatment - as well as being given a personalized, autographed uncut sheet of blue Split Spades Lions, a sheet that you really can only get from David himself, since none are ever made available for sale.

* I contacted Lee Asher about a mistake on his page about dating a USPC deck; not only did he send me two uncut sheets of his Fournier 605s, but I also ended up driving on Memorial Day weekend with my fiancee to Toronto for a few days, meeting not just Lee but two of his best friends - Tom and Judy Dawson, co-authors of the "Hochman's Encyclopedia of American Playing Cards".  Tom traded me two vintage decks for signing up for his card collector's organization!  One of those decks was over a hundred years old.

* I contact the Blue Crown about that misprinted card from a Red Crown v1 deck, I ended up going with my fiancee to their first anniversary party in midtown Manhattan, got to meet Alex Pandrea (who not only personally handed me a replacement but showed me a great way to use the misprinted card as a gaff) and Kevin Reylek, did some "celebrity watching" among dozens of other attendees, several magicians and even one of the Buck twins, and now I'm still in contact with them regularly, shooting the breeze about TBC/HOPC and project ideas.

I've had one or two other similar "special event" things happen just by getting in touch with companies about issues, but those are most of the highlights!  And I honestly have nothing to say but great things about all of the people I've been in touch with (and in some cases, met) as a result.

But back to the topic at hand.  The White Lions Series B Blue...

I actually received a shipping confirmation earlier today about the four decks I ordered.  Didn't expect that.  I thought they didn't do shipping confirmations, but I'm old and my memory was never that great to start with...  :))  It's possible they've done them all along and I just don't remember getting any.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:32:20 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2012, 01:28:24 AM »

amateur101

yea i got my shipping confirmation as well and i saw an unboxing on youtube of a brick and nothing special, I wonder if you ordered a pair if you would get the collection box thing. Really want one of those look really nice.

« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2012, 04:31:50 AM »

Noobmachine

Wow, after hearing about the bruised tuck boxes I'm kinda worried about my own order...
Were the cards shipped in a foam peanut filled box or just a brick box with postage info stuck on it? Cause it's happened both ways for me, and let's just say that the latter usually results in plenty of dents :(
Empty lousy signature is lousy and empty :(

« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2012, 12:27:48 AM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
Apparently I missed a detail on these. I thought that they all had the embossing on  the tuck cases, but that seems to not be the case. Is that what the whole black label thing is about? All the pics I ever saw of the deck had the emboss, so I thought that was the general release.  (quote)

hey Paul, I bought a brick and only one had no embossing, like it didn't even say white lions at all, is that what yours is like??
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:28:29 AM by DarrylDavis »

« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2012, 01:06:31 AM »

ilikecards

• Newcomer

I had the same problem! 7 had a tear under the cello and one was so bad you could see the cards. I emailed customer service though, we'll see what happens.

« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2012, 01:17:57 AM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I got my 6 yesterday and just now noticed that 5 of them have the same tear everyone is talking about.

« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2012, 01:55:00 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Well if everyone gets the same response i did about my decks with lack of embossing it seems you will have to send all damaged decks back to db, which i might add must have moved because the address is in Connecticut.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2012, 04:35:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Well if everyone gets the same response i did about my decks with lack of embossing it seems you will have to send all damaged decks back to db, which i might add must have moved because the address is in Connecticut.

It's possible they're shipping from a warehouse out there.  I doubt he'd move his offices that far, though - he lives in Brooklyn and his office is in lower Manhattan; he could practically walk to work if he felt like it.  I know he has a motorcycle, and I've seen where he could park it just outside of the office without worrying about anyone tampering with it.

« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2012, 12:55:16 AM »

amateur101

just got home today and opened my box of white lions today and had a dent in my brick box, no biggie until i opened the box seeing a deck has been like dented quite bad but inside only 4 cards were dented, i sent customer service an email, how long should i expect to wait for a reply?

i was on vacation
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:07:52 AM by amateur101 »

« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2012, 04:30:37 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
They replied mine within a day. So you shouldn't have to wait long.

« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2012, 08:32:01 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
starting to receive mine im loving the changes from the other deck i like the tulip in one of the hands and that really twisted up beards funny theres one card i liked more on the v1 it looked like the buck twins heres some pics of the deck anyway