You are Here:
Debut Video: Paradise Falls

Author (Read 2849 times)

Debut Video: Paradise Falls
« on: April 28, 2012, 03:13:41 AM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
Hello guys! I've been flourishing for about 7months now, and i wanted to make a little video charting my improvement as a cardist and get more comments on the net so that i could improve! So I've done a short flourish video called Paradise Falls.
I got my idea from the movie UP. It was one of my favourite movies of all time and I wanted to make a little tribute to this wonderful movie. The music in the clip is made by Pogo, and contains sound clips from the actual movie itself, collated to become a song. Very cool indeed!
With that: I present you, Paradise Falls. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EaPavCyRqI

I must admit, the video is lacking of many flourishes. However its my first time trying out fliming and editing my flourishes, and i must admit, i was very nervous. Many flourishes did not turn up to the way I wanted it to be, so i decided to only include those i was happy about. I'll do a better job next time! Thanks for viewing and please leave comments, share the video, like it, and if you are so kind enough, please subscribe to my channel.

Thanks!
Check out my channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanDebozioSong?feature=mhee

A madness shared by 52.

Re: Debut Video: Paradise Falls
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 03:23:56 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
That turned out very nice. Awesome video and nice flourishes :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 03:39:15 AM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
Thank you so much for that compliment! It meant so much that people are praising my work! :D If its not too much trouble, would you mind sharing it and liking it? Thanks alot!

EDIT: Hey guys, a favour to ask you guys: the first flourish in the vid is my own creation, I would like to know what you guys think of it:D comments and critisms will be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:45:45 PM by Deboziology »

A madness shared by 52.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 11:34:56 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I am pretty impressed. Being a beginner flourisher myself as well, I am surprised you've made such a complete first video. Great rhythm, nice flow of the moves, great music and angles... Keep it up! And I like that original flourish of yours as well.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 11:55:42 PM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
Thanks alot Nathan! Good luck in your flourishing too!

A madness shared by 52.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 10:04:18 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Nice video .. you must be really rich man .. living in a condo ? anyway it amazing since it has 2 floor !!

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 10:16:15 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
uhoh guys look out we have a Jeremy T here hahahaha! LoL Just kidding
Great first vid! What is with all the cute trippy music lately. :p
anyway, 7 months that is really impressive! Keep up the great work!

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 05:11:58 AM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
Nice video .. you must be really rich man .. living in a condo ? anyway it amazing since it has 2 floor !!

Haha Its a bungalow. But I'm not rich at all LOL. Cards took all my cash away:)

uhoh guys look out we have a Jeremy T here hahahaha! LoL Just kidding
Great first vid! What is with all the cute trippy music lately. :p
anyway, 7 months that is really impressive! Keep up the great work!

Haha, I'm still much far in terms of skill and filmography from him, he's much better:D Haha, thanks alot:D

A madness shared by 52.

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 10:58:14 AM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular
  • "Heres to those actually in the arena..."

• Facebook:
I am really impressed! I am still new into the flourishing idea...well and to cards in general seeing as I have only been collecting for about ten months. Where did you go to start flourishing?
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on his ability to climb a tree it will go its whole life thinking it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 11:47:17 AM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
Start looking for basic flourishes like the charlier cut, swing cut, thumb fan, spring and many more. Or you can pick up Genesis v1 by Andrei Jikh. These were the two materials I started off with. Then you can move on to things like The System and others. A disclaimer though: flourishing is very hard when you're starting off, but things will get better with practice and not giving up. Anyways, thanks for the compliments!

A madness shared by 52.

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 11:58:05 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Start looking for basic flourishes like the charlier cut, swing cut, thumb fan, spring and many more. Or you can pick up Genesis v1 by Andrei Jikh. These were the two materials I started off with. Then you can move on to things like The System and others. A disclaimer though: flourishing is very hard when you're starting off, but things will get better with practice and not giving up. Anyways, thanks for the compliments!
What I have noticed is that if you learn flourishes without jumping too much from easy to hard, you can easily transition from one move to another without too much difficulty (i.e. Sybil to WERM).

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 12:23:54 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular
  • "Heres to those actually in the arena..."

• Facebook:

Well thanks! I had actually just purchased Genesis v1 two days ago! Havent really looked much into it yet though. Thanks for the information!
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on his ability to climb a tree it will go its whole life thinking it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 03:43:33 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Bungalow wow that crazy .. mostly people only live in HDB .. speaking of which , i have also purchase the genesis v1 by andrei jikh .. it is a nice dvd but i know mostly of the stuff in there .. i really like the angel idea and one concept .. btw can you give me some tip or advice on twitter the flourish not the blue bird .. it is a pain in the ass to do bullet ..

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 01:07:44 AM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
I never really got to learning bullet yet and the other concepts in Genesis though. When I got genesis, I was already 3 to 4 months into flourishing already. So most of the flourishes I already knew. Bullet is cool though. Started doing it not long ago:) especially when you get rain dance and stardust on genesis v2

A madness shared by 52.

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 01:22:39 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
ok sure thanks man .. i am hoping to learn most of the flourish and practice until i am really good with the flourish before buying the genesis v2

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
You might wanna get some different material like Xtreme Beginnerz 1 as well, they have plenty of good stuff there as well. After learning the basics, go get plenty of material and pick the flourishes you like and throw the rest out. That will help you alot:)

A madness shared by 52.

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 09:54:36 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Seems like you are getting great reviews for your first video. Keep up the good work. Seems like my white lions helped you out a lot. Muahahaha. Jk. Singapore really have many super awesome flourishers :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:56:43 AM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 09:32:56 PM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
HAHA. Thanks Ben! Yeah I could feel the super awesome power coming from your white lions once I handled them LOL.

A madness shared by 52.