You are Here:
addicted to this forum

Author (Read 2424 times)

addicted to this forum
« on: October 22, 2011, 11:02:42 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
So how addicted is everyone? i am literally on here as much as i can, if im not at work I am on here.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

Re: addicted to this forum
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 11:07:41 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I would not say I am addicted, but I do really enjoy it. Also being a moderator for different sections I need to be on here quite frequently, just to read every post and make sure it is coinciding with the forum rules. But since I enjoy reading most of the posts on here, its really not that big of a deal to spend some extra time cleaning up the forum a bit. I especially enjoy when I am able to provide insight and answer questions others may post about.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 05:05:40 AM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
I'm not necessarily addicted as apposed to not having anything else to do.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 09:30:32 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I'm addicted to the internet.
And this forum makes the internet more fun and let me have more things to do.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 10:10:14 AM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
The world wouldn't be fun with out internet and magic.

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 02:03:14 PM »

Victoria

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
My answer is similar to Curt's - Being a moderator means being on here quite frequently to read all the new posts and make sure that I answer any questions people may have.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 06:58:21 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I think I am in the same boat as Magic...I am a bit addicted, so sayeth my beautiful bride as well lol
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 10:27:11 PM »

JMMJ

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Im fairly addicted, but mainly because I really want the posting incentive stuff.

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 05:37:11 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
The posting incentives will come in time,...a lot of time lol. I am aiming for the 10,000 posts, so I do not see that coming my way anytime soon unless I spam the hell out of the page (which I'm not going to do)... In addition, the incentives are a great thing to do for the supporters, but we as posters need to do what we can to keep the posts quality, so that when new people come in here and browse our forum they aren't seeing a bunch of trash posts.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 07:30:44 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The posting incentives will come in time,...a lot of time lol. I am aiming for the 10,000 posts, so I do not see that coming my way anytime soon unless I spam the hell out of the page (which I'm not going to do)... In addition, the incentives are a great thing to do for the supporters, but we as posters need to do what we can to keep the posts quality, so that when new people come in here and browse our forum they aren't seeing a bunch of trash posts.

There are 2 guys aiming for the 10,000 posts now.
(I'm not aiming that far, by the time I might reach 10,000 posts, the prize should be already taken)

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 07:54:59 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Mr Magic and I are in a friendly race to 10,000. It will take quite a while to reach that goal posting mainly quality posts, but all in all will be worth it. Like I said, the incentives are nice but are not the driving force behind this community. I hope that this forum will become the home and grounds for everyone that is into cards, cardistry, and magic alike.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 09:52:56 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Mr Magic and I are in a friendly race to 10,000. It will take quite a while to reach that goal posting mainly quality posts, but all in all will be worth it. Like I said, the incentives are nice but are not the driving force behind this community. I hope that this forum will become the home and grounds for everyone that is into cards, cardistry, and magic alike.

How do you know its friendly? also yea I try to be on here 24/7 because otherwise i will see hundreds of post at a time. I have recently decide to only post a few times a day to help stop the dumb pointless post.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 10:32:27 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
He is kindly said friendly means that he doesn't think of you as a foe but a friend with same aim.

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 10:51:37 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Lol, he knows, Phantom. We have been poking a eachother since this thing started. I think we both have slowed and realized the quality over quantity when it comes to posting. Going to take significantly longer, but it's all good.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 11:18:51 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
He is kindly said friendly means that he doesn't think of you as a foe but a friend with same aim.

yes i do know, also to try to stay on topic I have tried to be as active on other forums but just dont as well, anyone else have that issue?

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 04:03:42 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I have found a home in The Discourse. I browse UC often but don't do much posting there...for the most part I just stick around where I belong lol...and that is here with all you people.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 07:30:18 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I have found a home in The Discourse. I browse UC often but don't do much posting there...for the most part I just stick around where I belong lol...and that is here with all you people.

Me too. And I just notice that many people are moving here too.

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 07:49:13 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I contribute the fact of others coming over to this forum to several different factors. First and foremost, we are a family here. From what I see, our members try to treat each other with a certain amount of respect, even with the forum being uncensored. Some may have difference of opinions, but the respect is still there. Other forums are more along the lines of people willing to cut the throat of their brothers, just to look a little better.

Another Factor is how hot Aether is right now. The Vortex deck and its popularity cannot be denied. We are everywhere, on every fb page, in every forum. Our textual voices are heard literally worldwide. In addition, the marketing strategy of Aether is spot on. The signatures, the give aways...it all makes perfect sense and unity.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 03:01:15 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
2 things, one Don are you addicted? also how long has this warning been here? he says it has not been posted in for 365 days, and ask if your sure you want to reply. lol

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 11:28:29 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
2 things, one Don are you addicted? also how long has this warning been here? he says it has not been posted in for 365 days, and ask if your sure you want to reply. lol

1.  Not addicted - I do possess a life and I do go to the big blue room with the big yellow light every now and then.  (Usually when the light is off, though!)

2.  The last post to this topic before yours was made before I became a member here.  BTW: are you a thread archaeologist now?  Well, to be fair, these are less like threads and more like corpses by now.  I know - you're the Reanimator!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 11:46:46 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Most alcoholics have a addictive personality. Just say'n JB
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB