Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
So we have just a handful of days left in the Kickstart campaign for the Tendril. Things have gone rather well, to say the least and I thank everyone that pledged or spread the word. Since most of you will probably be a little curious as to what happens next, here's the next steps:

- When the Kickstarter ends, I'll send out the backer survey to gather a little info about everyone. Amazon will process all of the payments and hold the money for about 14 days before transferring to me, minus all the fees.
- I will also be drawing the winner of the little giveaway, and giving folks access to the Aurum development blog.
- I've registered with my state to be an official reseller of products, so I can at least save some sales tax on a very large order from USPCC.
- I got the final contract from USPCC today and will get that back to them soon. Generally it takes a few weeks to get the deck on the printing schedule, at which time I owe them 50%
- As we all know, the amount of time it takes them to print the deck varies, and I'll push that along as best I can.
- Simultaneously with deck production we will be producing the three flavors of Eco card clips.
- Once the deck is done, a few resellers will be getting their decks directly at USPCC. The rest of the decks, along with the uncut sheets and a few special items will be sent to me after I pay the remaining 50%.
- Once I receive the shipment, the process of packaging and shipping will begin. I have scales and postage printers and label making hardware on the way, so hopefully that will be an efficient process. With 900 backers there will certainly be some busy work for me to do.
- After the Kickstarter packages go out, remaining stock will go onto my website store, along with leftover uncut sheets and Eco clips or other items.

Speaking of those "special items", check out this post: http://encarded.com/post/18792419304/gauging-interest-tendril-printing-plates  Unsure what I might do there, but there are some options.

I'm moving things as efficiently as I possibly can and hope to get everyone their decks ASAP. I want them out the door more badly than all of you, so that I can move on to Aurum at full speed! My head is busting with ideas but we have to get deck #1 out the door first.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

Re: Tendril - Almost done, final steps...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:55:11 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That was very interesting to read! It seems like the project has been going on for so long but it's just the beginning. Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Thanks for the update! I'm glad things are going smoothly. It's been a fun ride so far :)
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 03:45:43 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Good to see things ticking on nicely...
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 05:58:33 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Those plates sound awesome. :)  I will not have the money to get one though :(
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 03:39:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Those plates sound awesome. :)  I will not have the money to get one though :(

You aren't the only one!

Paul, consider offering one at a high reward level, and offering the other randomly to anyone who invested above a certain level (assuming you can do that sort of thing on Kickstarter).  If KS objects, then have investors register on your website to be in the drawing.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 09:21:40 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got politely reprimanded by the Kickstarter folks last week for mentioning some of my other giveaways so i will be keeping that off there for now. They aren't very specific about that area and I did read the guidelines and thought I was being appropriate, but don't want to do anything to jeopardize the project of course.

Yes, I will be giving one of these away in a future marketing promo of some kind. I have yet to decide what format that might take. I honestly don't know if anyone will jump on these or not, and since they've never been sold before by anyone that I'm aware of, I'm just setting the bar where I think it should be but other folk might disagree. :)

I do know that they will be awesome! I'm pondering what I will need to move to get a few on my office walls.

In other news, we eclipsed a staggering $39,000 last night. I'm kind of speechless at this point, it's just plain wacky!

Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 10:17:34 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Dude, all I can say is "whoa..."
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/