You are Here:
Anyone else

Author (Read 1524 times)

Anyone else
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:33:18 AM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
bored of waiting for decks like Seasons and Mana? Whilst the cards look amazing the sense of excitement and anticipation has vanished.... to be replaced with a "Meh" feeling i don't know if I can even be arsed to buy them anymore
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

Re: Anyone else
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:45:17 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
bored of waiting for decks like Seasons and Mana? Whilst the cards look amazing the sense of excitement and anticipation has vanished.... to be replaced with a "Meh" feeling i don't know if I can even be arsed to buy them anymore

I kind of understand how you feel. Sometimes when something amazing is held back too long some people lose their interest which is why its a tricky thing to release some information on a certain product waaay too early because of the long wait.

But anyway, I'm sure that everything will be pretty epic ones they get released. Just think, you have more time to save more money to get more of the Seasons dna Mana decks. ^_^

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 01:27:18 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I've got the Mana deck off from the contests so I'm off with that. But the Seasons has been a really wait with all the delays. Though they're both still worth a buy. Really nice decks.

Long waits give you good products! Be patient!

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:39:20 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Yeah I feel ya. I'm still kind of excited about them and I know that I will still buy some, but the feelings are dying. I guess it's gotten past the "honeymoon" stage if you will. When I first saw them I was super excited and then they started talking release dates and I got excited again and now it's just stuck in between that and the actual release and it's just meh. It's a bummer that some of these releases are taking so long and whatnot. I guess you've just gotta wait for those awesome decks.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 04:00:13 AM »

Gareth

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Kickstarter:
I have to agree too.

Whilst we like to bitch about the kickstarter decks that take a while to get printed and posted - at least you know what you've pledged for.  With this wait I don't know to get more interested or not - might not even be able to get a deck...

Whilst both the Mana and Seasons are great looking decks... my intended order size has definitely decreased quite a bit during this drawn out pause.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 09:13:03 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I had forgotten about the Season decks...think that says enough 8)
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The Seasons deck has been a long time coming but is truly amazing. I am personally in awe of the deck and probably want the set more than any other thing on the horizon. Honestly, I look forward to getting those as much as my own deck at this point.

Mana I have coming through a contest and I'm looking forward to it, it looks like a very nice, classy deck.

It is unfortunate that it takes so long for USPCC to get decks on the line and get them made, but that's the nature of the beast right now so we all have to be patient.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 11:39:41 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I also feel the same way. It's almost been a year!  :t11: and all the money I have saved has gone to other cards!

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
You know what they say.  Good things come to those who wait.  ;)
- Adam

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I wanted both of them really bad and I was lucky enough to get the Mana deck early... but its really not all that great. Its a beautiful looking deck but the handling is nothing great. I have not lost any interest in the Seasons decks though. Those are a truly amazing, fully custom deck and I absolutely love them. I plan on getting 3 or 4 more Mana decks and a split brick of the Seasons decks meaning 6 white and 6 black.

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 06:54:01 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I wanted both of them really bad and I was lucky enough to get the Mana deck early... but its really not all that great. Its a beautiful looking deck but the handling is nothing great. I have not lost any interest in the Seasons decks though. Those are a truly amazing, fully custom deck and I absolutely love them. I plan on getting 3 or 4 more Mana decks and a split brick of the Seasons decks meaning 6 white and 6 black.
Awwe man.  I was looking forward to the Mana deck too.  Darn.  I'm still gonna get a few reguardless.
- Adam

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 05:47:34 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah I'm still getting a few of the Mana because of the looks! It is a bummer that the handling isn't all that great. Oh well. I'm thinking of doing the same thing as MagicAddictz with the Seasons decks. A split brick sounds great!! Does anybody know the prices on the seasons yet?  I know the coupon code but that's it so far...
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 06:55:40 AM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
I personally enjoyed how the Mana deck handled right out of the box.

As for the Seasons decks, well.. Alex Chin's designs are simply wonderful. I'm not really purchasing any new decks nowadays but I'll be picking up a set or two.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 07:05:36 AM »

Gareth

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Kickstarter:
One of the waits is just about over - the Mana decks are going to be available for PRE-ORDER from midnight (EST) on Monday.  Countdown on their site now...

No details re postage costs atm..

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 07:11:00 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Sweet!!  Cant wait!  Sucks its on a week day though.
- Adam

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 01:13:42 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
One of the waits is just about over - the Mana decks are going to be available for PRE-ORDER from midnight (EST) on Monday.  Countdown on their site now...

No details re postage costs atm..

Contest winners (like me) were emailed a pre-order link today in advance of Monday's pre-release.  I won't pass it since it's useless to anyone who didn't win.  They're giving us a chance to get orders in to insure we get our decks!  I ordered three, plus one that I won.

Shipping is EXPENSIVE!  I was given a choice between Registered and EMS, with Registered being the cheaper at $23 for four decks!  EMS, my choice, delivers in under a week for $30!  Again, I think it's just because we were contest winners and we're being offered those shipping options to insure we get our decks and sing their praises.  We'll see.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/