Re: NEW DECK- Bicycle Faith Deck
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 05:43:27 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The Times New Roman font does look kind of out of place.
I have a feeling that this deck probably won't be anything special. But thats just a guess.

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 02:19:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Have you guys given their website a good look?  Right now, it's a plain black screen with "Faith" on one line and "playing cards" below it - but when you mouse over the words, "playing cards" morphs into "comging soon".  That's not my typo - it's theirs!

This doesn't inspire faith in me that their design team knows what the hell they're doing...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 02:29:23 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I paid a visit to their site yesterday and left realizing it's not launched. But I didn't recognize the typo. What a find! I'm starting to have second thoughts about this deck now...

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 06:46:57 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Have you guys given their website a good look?  Right now, it's a plain black screen with "Faith" on one line and "playing cards" below it - but when you mouse over the words, "playing cards" morphs into "comging soon".  That's not my typo - it's theirs!

This doesn't inspire faith in me that their design team knows what the hell they're doing...
I had to check out the typo so paid a visit to the site.  Wow.  No comment........
- Adam

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 07:17:32 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
For the back, and the AOS, I really like them, but I feel that this will be no better then all the other decks being released, such as the Vision deck. Other then the back, Box, and AOS it will probably be a standard deck.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:37:20 PM by loldudex2 »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 01:09:20 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Thanks for the info Loldude! That's a bummer that it's mostly standard but it's not a big surprise. It seems to be the norm these days. I might have missed it but where is the picture of the AoS? Thanks!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Thanks for the info Loldude! That's a bummer that it's mostly standard but it's not a big surprise. It seems to be the norm these days. I might have missed it but where is the picture of the AoS? Thanks!

I believe the front of the box is the AOS, but I'm not positive, but if it is, I like it!

Also, what I said was purely speculation. I'm not sure if it will have standard faces, but I'm willing to bet it does, and I don't think it will be very special. Once again, don't quote me on that, it just seems like the type of deck that is all about the back, the AoS., and possibly the jokers.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

I believe the front of the box is the AOS, but I'm not positive, but if it is, I like it!

Also, what I said was purely speculation. I'm not sure if it will have standard faces, but I'm willing to bet it does, and I don't think it will be very special. Once again, don't quote me on that, it just seems like the type of deck that is all about the back, the AoS., and possibly the jokers.

Gotcha! I'm hoping the AoS is a little different. I'm not a huge fan of the box. It wouldn't surprise me if it is bog standard besides the AoS, Jokers, Backs, and Box. It's sad to say but that's what most people are doing these days. It'd be nice to see a push toward fully custom decks!

« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 02:39:41 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I agree... I'm thinking that the spade on the box is the same as the one on the AoS.

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 08:48:55 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Whilst not a bad looking deck, Its not good enough for me to pick up a deck
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 12:39:27 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Faith Playing Cards writes on UC

"Faith Deck representing the pure idea of faith is going to be officially put forward. In this new deck of cards, you can see more than excellent material quality. The delicate design of Faith Deck is more reflected in the selection of elements and colour assortment. Designers specially select various elements, combine them together in a unique manner and endow them with appropriate colours, which bring an unparalleled visual sense of mystery for collectors. Its fancy design can make people feel designers' unique concept of art. High quality sense of touch equips Faith Deck with stronger appeal to users to play games. In addition, tiny design in each card face fully represents the "Faith" contained within the entire deck of cards. The conviction disclosed by it is convincing enough for poker collectors. Every single card of Faith Deck integrates the material quality and pattern exclusively owned by itself. The perfect combination of high-grade printing ink and colour makes you attracted by it, which makes it one of the most perfect and valuable pokers. This is exactly the "Faith".
Our website is about to be on line soon: http://www.faithplayingcards.com
Email:sale@faithplayingcards.com"

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2012, 12:59:56 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
Wow! That's a BS synopsis if I ever read one!!!

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 03:46:28 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah that was ridiculous! Here's some photos from 52cartes that you might all enjoy! Looks like there are some custom pips! I wasn't expecting that so maybe the court cards will also be custom but once again I'm doubting that. Overall I'm not a fan of the pips or the joker, what do you all think?

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2012, 04:00:14 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
those look ok but it looks like theybare trying to be custom bet not doing great at it.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 05:20:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

"Faith Deck representing the pure idea of faith is going to be officially put forward. In this new deck of cards, you can see more than excellent material quality. The delicate design of Faith Deck is more reflected in the selection of elements and colour assortment. Designers specially select various elements, combine them together in a unique manner and endow them with appropriate colours, which bring an unparalleled visual sense of mystery for collectors. Its fancy design can make people feel designers' unique concept of art. High quality sense of touch equips Faith Deck with stronger appeal to users to play games. In addition, tiny design in each card face fully represents the "Faith" contained within the entire deck of cards. The conviction disclosed by it is convincing enough for poker collectors. Every single card of Faith Deck integrates the material quality and pattern exclusively owned by itself. The perfect combination of high-grade printing ink and colour makes you attracted by it, which makes it one of the most perfect and valuable pokers. This is exactly the "Faith".

Never in my life have I heard such a load of steaming hyperbolic bullshit.  And judging from their at times incorrect English usage, I'd wager this is another deck being made by a company based in Asia, meaning huge shipping costs to North America.  It sounded more like they were trying to market it to poker players!

The joker looks like something from amateurish doujinshi (hope I spelled that right) and the five of diamonds is really, really ugly.  It's not as bad as the Tattoo deck, but it's not even close to something worthwhile.  If I put this deck out at my poker table, someone would intentionally spill a beer on them just to get them off the table and into the trash.

It's trying to be custom for custom's sake.  There's no thought to the design, other than "What can we slap together on the cheap to make this look custom and get people to buy it?"

But at least they corrected the "comging soon" typo on the barren website...  :))

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 08:12:42 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
WTF was all of that?

Ohh look at the 5 of diamonds.... notice something wrong with the bottom pip? it is needlessly backwards. They tried to make it upside-down like normal pips are when on the 'bottom'... but the swirl design is swapped for no reason, the swirl looks the same upside-down as right-side up... they flipped it HORIZONTALLY not vertically.

Oy, this whole deck makes my head hurt.

----edit----
This is why I put my company's mantra in my signature.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:35:07 AM by Russell CircleCityCards »
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@Russell, good point :-[ :-[

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 08:32:35 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Of all the millions of fonts in the world, they choose THAT one for the indexes? OH MY. These guys are like the "secretary using powerpoint" of the card design world.

I will not be adding any Faith to my collection.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
At first glance they looked nice to me... but then I really looked at it and I was like,  ???
The font for the the indexes is ugly as hell! And it shouldn't be call the Faith deck, it should be the Swirl deck. Everything has swirls. I'm going to pass on this one.

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member

Ugh, reading that makes me think of being in a foreign, developing country and people coming up to you and offering goods while saying, "Me see you like? Is good? You buy?". I understand that perfect English is silly to ask for all the time, but jeez. That paragraph belongs in Finnegan's Wake rather than a sales pitch.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 10:06:29 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
All your decks are belong to us!
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 11:16:19 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
At first glance they looked nice to me... but then I really looked at it and I was like,  ???
The font for the the indexes is ugly as hell! And it shouldn't be call the Faith deck, it should be the Swirl deck. Everything has swirls. I'm going to pass on this one.

I often judge a deck by first glance, this deck is not special. And I never believe those marketing messages, I still don't understand why this deck has something to do with "failth"... :o :o

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2012, 02:50:42 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I often judge a deck by first glance, this deck is not special. And I never believe those marketing messages, I still don't understand why this deck has something to do with "failth"... :o :o

It really doesn't.  It has to do with a few guys deciding they'd like to make a profit and that selling limited edition playing cards was the way to go - without a friggin' clue about the market other than that they buy rare cards.  They have "faith" that we're foolish enough to buy, and we have "faith" that the prospect is laughable.

All your decks are belong to us!

Classic!  But it should be "All your deck are belong to us!"  :))

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2012, 01:13:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
New flash, folks...

The website is now live.  Sort of.

The quote above that they posted on UC is word-for-word the exact ad copy they put on the home page.  How original.

They have SIX likes on Facebook, as of a little while ago.  Poor, misguided souls...

They're taking pre-orders, using a cookie-cutter form that I know I've seen on another magic/deck company's website - and the best part is that when you finish filling it out, you are asked to "Sumbit" your information!  That's exactly what the on-screen button says, "Sumbit".  Now that's sumbit of work there...  :))

They couldn't pay me to order this deck.  If I got it for free, I'd use the cards as coasters or kindling.  I have great Faith in that, for sure...

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2012, 07:41:01 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Just while we're all laughing at the misguided buggers, the images that make up most of the site are...  well, put it this way, when you want to put a photo album on a site, you pre-load one image and program an algorithm that will pull the next image off the servr when the user clicks left or right.  This makes sense because otherwise you have to load in every image beforehand and eventually it puts serious load on your server and any machine accessing it to load all that data at once.  Guess how they've designed the Faith website?  I guess we can all be thankful they only have 2 images.