You are Here:
Bicycle Big Gun Decks

Author (Read 11836 times)

Bicycle Big Gun Decks
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »

ItsMagicITellYou~

• True Member
soo i just saw the new big gun decks from the bicycle store. i ordered a brick, because, hey any uspcc deck for a dollar is great :D

heres the link in case you didnt see-
http://www.shopbicyclecards.com/Bicycle-Historical-Big-Gun-Military-Deck-P69C40.aspx

so my question is, how much do you think the value of these are going up since they're limited? im already seeing them for 30/40$ on ebay. they are definitley cool looking if nothing else :D

Re: Bicycle Big Gun Decks
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 09:03:32 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
This deck was released a year or two ago. They were sold for $20 a set at the time.

The stock status reads "backordered". I'm not sure if you'll get your brick at $0.99/per deck.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:05:19 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I can see them soon for sale for 25$ a deck.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Did it let you checkout?

Also, it says there will only be 2,500 Red and 2,500 Blue special reproduction decks made.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
Wow, that's really cheap.. but shipping to singapore costs USD$17  >:(  is anyone in the US gonna get these? How much does shipping cost to singapore? (I heard its $9 for a flat envelope or something..) you know where this is going..  ;D  I'm not gonna create an iso, just wondering if anyone's buying..
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 09:53:04 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Wow that's a great price!! They were going for much more before. I wonder what's up? It does say backorder but it should still let you check out...  ???
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 09:54:12 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
If it was not mispriced, I am afraid that it is a business trick. The item won't be in stock.

I've opened and used 2 of these decks, they were made with the same stock as standard Bicycles in 2009-2010, soft and not interesting ::)

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 12:37:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
These decks were sold only in pairs, and originally were being priced at $49.95 a pair.  People held off on buying them, and a limited-edition deck of only 2,500 pairs took a long time to sell out.  I bought them from Wingra Direct maybe a month ago for $24.95 a pair before the sell-out.

@ItsMagicITellYou~  Wingra Direct ISN'T "the Bicycle store" in the sense that it's not the company store.  They're just another USPC retailer like any other, albeit using more USPC trademarks than most.  The "official" company store is one of their more recent acquisitions, the Gambler's General Store in the Las Vegas area.  They sell online, and they're one of the companies the official USPC website redirects you to when you want to purchase.  (It always boggles my mind that USPC doesn't sell direct to the public at retail prices on their own site.)

I'm in agreement with Digipunk that this "backordered" item is actually sold out.  It's possible that an automatic "backordered" appears when any items sells out, and eventually will be removed.  While it's not impossible that they will indeed get them back in stock, it's extremely unlikely and certainly not to sell them at below wholesale.

They have a cool back, but that's it - no further customization.  Not even a cool period AoS or joker, just the current designs.  If you slapped a Rider Back design on all the cards, you'd easily mistake these for just another Bicycle Standard deck.

It remains to be seen if USPC will reprint the other three decks in the "Victory" collection, or if it will meet the same fate as the Limited Edition series of ten (only two made) or the Vintage series of 12 (only six made).  Let's hope that if they do, they do it right.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 12:57:27 AM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
That sucks that its sold out .99 is just insane.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 01:10:39 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
These decks were sold only in pairs, and originally were being priced at $49.95 a pair.  People held off on buying them, and a limited-edition deck of only 2,500 pairs took a long time to sell out.  I bought them from Wingra Direct maybe a month ago for $24.95 a pair before the sell-out.

I don't recall them being sold for $49.95 a pair. They were sold on the USPCC official website (directed to from Facebook in around 2011 April) for $19.95 per set, with $5.00 shipping internationally.

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 02:15:21 AM »

kensei777

• Forum Regular
  • Card Technician and Noob Playing Cards Collector

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Sigh... :(  So many decks I want to get. Seriously, I am going to go bankrupt if Krystle wasn't stopping me from spending too much.  :-X
I prefer hand written signatures over digital ones but the ink appears to be stuck on my monitor screen...

- Emman Refuerzo aka Kensei777

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 02:30:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I don't recall them being sold for $49.95 a pair. They were sold on the USPCC official website (directed to from Facebook in around 2011 April) for $19.95 per set, with $5.00 shipping internationally.

The USPC website doesn't sell anything.  There's no shopping cart, no "add to cart" button...  They redirect you to other retailers, including their own, GGS.  For example, when I visit this page selling Dragon Backs:
http://www.bicyclecards.com/products/playing-card/bicycle-dragon-back-playing-cards
There's a link marked "Where to Buy" - not "Buy Now", not "Add to Cart".  Clicking on that link takes you here:
http://www.bicyclecards.com/about/where-to-buy
Which lists many retailers selling their products, including GGS, Merz67, BMPokerWorld, etc.

I can't say they were never for sale at GGS, but I can say I never saw them for sale at GGS.

On the home page, there is a new link for buying cards, but it just redirects to Wingra Direct.

I think I spotted them at BMPokerWorld shortly after release at $49.95 a pair.  A few other retailers had them at that price, too.  Apparently they thought the collectors were insane enough to buy the set at a madly inflated price.  Perhaps a few were, but apparently not enough to keep the lights on.  BMPW is still selling them at $40 a pop, but that might be because places like Wingra are sold out.

BTW: check out this video - USPC at the New York Toy Fair last week.  They "reveal" a few new products.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKcyKEKOkUk
I thought it was kind of funny when they were showing off the Steam Punk deck, but using the T11 version of it rather than their own!

Sigh... :(  So many decks I want to get. Seriously, I am going to go bankrupt if Krystle wasn't stopping me from spending too much.  :-X

With this deck, you aren't missing much.  The back and the ad cards are the only custom things about this deck.  Otherwise, it's no different than Standard Bikes.

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 05:14:16 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

You should be spending your $$$ on her Kensei... It's Valentines Day... It's a simple card collecting equation... Take your most expensive deck, then times it by 10... That's the minimum you should be spending on your lady for Valentines day... hahaha...

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 05:34:58 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

You should be spending your $$$ on her Kensei... It's Valentines Day... It's a simple card collecting equation... Take your most expensive deck, then times it by 10... That's the minimum you should be spending on your lady for Valentines day... hahaha...

Haha well luckily this one is on backorder (or soldout), so no need to worry about this one! Haha that deck better not be too expensive or you're looking at a big valetines day budget  :P

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 05:46:20 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Well that's the equation Brown Baggs and that's why it's all relative... Your most expensive deck is $10, then go $100 on the gift... Your most expensive deck is $150, you're spending $1,500... If you're holding a $50 deck of playing cards in your hand, and your lady doesn't open up a box worth $500 what are you doing??? hahaha... just playing, but not really...

As for sticking with the post, I ordered 5 Bricks... How could you go wrong at 99 cents per deck of any USPCC cards??? As for whether they'll fill the orders, we'll have to wait and see, but for 99 cents??? Are you kidding me??? I'd give them away as party favors or take up card throwing...

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 06:47:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Well that's the equation Brown Baggs and that's why it's all relative... Your most expensive deck is $10, then go $100 on the gift... Your most expensive deck is $150, you're spending $1,500... If you're holding a $50 deck of playing cards in your hand, and your lady doesn't open up a box worth $500 what are you doing??? hahaha... just playing, but not really...

As for sticking with the post, I ordered 5 Bricks... How could you go wrong at 99 cents per deck of any USPCC cards??? As for whether they'll fill the orders, we'll have to wait and see, but for 99 cents??? Are you kidding me??? I'd give them away as party favors or take up card throwing...

Let us know if they honor the order.  I'd be curious to know.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »

ItsMagicITellYou~

• True Member
if they dont honor their purchase, im guessing they'll give a refund at least, right?
i hope so D:

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 07:39:43 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Yes, they should give you a refund and they most likely will. If they don't, just give contact them and give them a notice about this. They should react immediately as they don't want to lose their clients!

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 09:55:04 PM »

ItsMagicITellYou~

• True Member
well i just got email confirmation that my order was shipped, so they will hopefully get here soon :)

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Well... that's interesting. At 99cents a deck I think many on here will be getting a few of those. Maybe they aren't sold out after all.

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 03:15:06 AM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
My decks have also shipped. I can't say for sure til they get here but it seems like this sale is legit.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:15:24 AM by shutupdangit »

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 03:32:57 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
So could they have reprinted these? That was one idea I had, or they are just trying to clear out their stock. That's the only two logical explanations I could think of. Those who bought these, please let us know what you get in the mail! If this is really all it's cracked up to be I'm sure a lot of us will jump on this deal. You can get a brick for under 20 bucks!

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 10:30:44 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Check this out - I emailed Wingra Direct:

Is this item actually on back order for $0.99 per set?  Or are they simply out of stock and not returning?  Considering I recently bought them from your shop at $24.99 a pair, I thought this sounded a bit peculiar.

This was their reply:

Good morning Don,
They are on closeout.  Our final shipment is due within the next 2-3 days.  When those are gone, they're gone forever.
Best Regards,
Darren

Darren Walker

Customer Service
WingraDirectShops.Com
2830 Progress Road
Madison, WI 53716

I ordered 24 pairs!  You can only order 12 per order - try to get more and you get a message about how you have to pick a different country for shipping.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:32:48 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 10:47:26 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Check this out - I emailed Wingra Direct:

Is this item actually on back order for $0.99 per set?  Or are they simply out of stock and not returning?  Considering I recently bought them from your shop at $24.99 a pair, I thought this sounded a bit peculiar.

This was their reply:

Good morning Don,
They are on closeout.  Our final shipment is due within the next 2-3 days.  When those are gone, they're gone forever.
Best Regards,
Darren

Darren Walker

Customer Service
WingraDirectShops.Com
2830 Progress Road
Madison, WI 53716

I ordered 24 pairs!  You can only order 12 per order - try to get more and you get a message about how you have to pick a different country for shipping.
I just got 12 (6 red 6 blue). Thx a lot for the info Don. We can always count on you. :D

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I placed an order for 4, it was the largest amount I could get before shipping jumped from $13 to $23 bucks on me. Either way, it feels good to make a purchase of 4 limited decks and have them shipped to Canada for under 20 bucks.

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 01:11:23 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
They sent me 5 Bricks no questions asked...  Strike while the iron is hot my friends...  Got shipping confirmation two days later... Nice Score...

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 01:27:17 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I just ordered 14 decks. One of each color to open and use and a brick to keep sealed for sale/trade or use at later time. It was an awesome deal! 14 decks for 20 bucks... that's a steal.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 02:11:04 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
What's the shipping cost for you guys in the states? It's at least $13.99 for us in Canada. :S

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 02:13:03 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I ordered a brick but now I sent them an email to ask if they could add 2 more and I would pay for them. In the US, its 8 dollar shipping for a brick.

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 02:16:37 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Mmm I may have to step out then. It's $23.99 for 5+ decks.

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
What's the shipping cost for you guys in the states? It's at least $13.99 for us in Canada. :S

I know, suck eh. That's why I only picked up 4 decks, but it is still a heck of a deal.

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 02:23:24 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Considering what they were sold for, yes it's a good deal. But if you're not buying to use them like me, then there really isn't a point. I wouldn't be able to resell them for the original price.

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 02:35:09 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah shipping the states is somewhere in the range of 6.99-9.99USD. So it's really not bad for a brick or more.

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Do you think we'll be able to resell them or will not a lot of people want to buy them?

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 03:02:24 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
It cost me $12.99 to ship 5 Bricks... I picked them up because at 99 cents, like I said before, I'd just give them away or start card throwing... You just can't go wrong at those numbers...  Just speaking personally, I didn't buy them to make a buck, I'm just a sucker for a good deal... I love being a part of this forum, because since joining I've secured some fantastic decks that I would never have had without knowing many of you... So thank you -J

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 03:06:18 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Do you think we'll be able to resell them or will not a lot of people want to buy them?

Maybe down the line, but you shouldn't buy them for the sake of reselling them. This isn't a deck whos value is going to sky rocket any time soon. I'm sure in a couple decades this will be worth more than 99 cents but in a week they won't be worth much more.

Like Jmrock said, buy these for the sake of the cards/awesome deal. Not to make a quick buck

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 03:16:25 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
Semi-related: Are they still planning on reprinting the rest of the series? Anyone know the status of that?

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 07:26:20 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
AAH Too many decks! I don't think I'll be getting these...  :-[
They looks pretty sweet and I know they're rare but I just have to pick and choose the ones I really want.

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 07:36:21 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I ordered a brick but now I sent them an email to ask if they could add 2 more and I would pay for them. In the US, its 8 dollar shipping for a brick.

A simpler solution would be to just go and place ANOTHER order, dude...  Do it fast, these are limited!

Semi-related: Are they still planning on reprinting the rest of the series? Anyone know the status of that?

Don't know.  Hope they do, and perhaps a little better than the first.  And cheaper when they first come out!

They looks pretty sweet and I know they're rare but I just have to pick and choose the ones I really want.

Dude - 99 cents for TWO DECKS, one red, one blue!  Standard Bikes aren't that cheap!  Surely you can spare a couple of bucks!

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 08:20:14 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

A simpler solution would be to just go and place ANOTHER order, dude...  Do it fast, these are limited!

Don't know.  Hope they do, and perhaps a little better than the first.  And cheaper when they first come out!

Dude - 99 cents for TWO DECKS, one red, one blue!  Standard Bikes aren't that cheap!  Surely you can spare a couple of bucks!
First of all, I sent them a call and they added two decks to my order. That way I don't have to pay additional shipping.
Secondly, I do think its 99¢ for one deck, not two.

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Aw, come on! I literally ordered two of these decks a couple days before they dropped in price. It's weird that they reward people who wait it out on buying the decks they're selling.
So, I had to pay full price for these, when you lucky guys get them at less than a dollar each!
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 11:16:26 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
anyone ordering this and has shipping prices to singapore relatively low?  ;D  okay this is going to be an iso for sure, I'll create another topic there... too since well, rules. :)  Here's the link:  http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1768.0

It costs $17 to ship 2 of them to singapore from their site...  >:(  I google'ed for usps service and Priority Mail Flat Rate[/color]â„¢ costs roughly about five bucks, is that true? I tired using their calculator, it's confusing ??? 
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 07:22:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
anyone ordering this and has shipping prices to singapore relatively low?  ;D  okay this is going to be an iso for sure, I'll create another topic there... too since well, rules. :)  Here's the link:  http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1768.0

It costs $17 to ship 2 of them to singapore from their site...  >:(  I google'ed for usps service and Priority Mail Flat Rateâ„¢ costs roughly about five bucks, is that true? I tired using their calculator, it's confusing ???

Overseas shipping by Priority Mail is more than double that, with a much-lower weight limit.

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 07:26:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

First of all, I sent them a call and they added two decks to my order. That way I don't have to pay additional shipping.

They're only sold in PAIRS.  I ordered this deck from them before.

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 07:30:08 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer

They're only sold in PAIRS.  I ordered this deck from them before.

Put some in your shopping cart and progress to check-out. It'll say "Big Gun Military Deck | Special 99c/Deck".

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 08:45:56 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
And also it says type in 1 for only 1 deck, 2 for 1 red, 1 blue etc, I typed in 14, and they charged me for 14 bucks and 14 decks in total, but we'll see when I receive it!

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 08:58:30 AM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular
What a great deal. I was looking at buying these only a few weeks back and they were around $7.00 per deck. For .99 going to buy at least a brick.

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2012, 11:20:32 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
They are sold out.
I didn't get any T-T.

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
neither did I, I just saw this. :(
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2012, 01:36:41 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
seems I got the last 2 bricks  :o :o

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2012, 02:05:42 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I am getting many requests to sell some of the cards that I picked up, and I don't mind.  However, I have a question for the forum...  I am not a fan gouging people just because I was fortunate enough to benefit from picking up some of these decks, so what do you feel would be a fair price to sell the decks for?  With all do respect, I did lay out the money... I'm going to pack them, take them to the post office to ship them... So what would be a fair price for a set of these cards (which happen to be awesome by the way)... Thanks, J.

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2012, 02:19:37 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I am getting many requests to sell some of the cards that I picked up, and I don't mind.  However, I have a question for the forum...  I am not a fan gouging people just because I was fortunate enough to benefit from picking up some of these decks, so what do you feel would be a fair price to sell the decks for?  With all do respect, I did lay out the money... I'm going to pack them, take them to the post office to ship them... So what would be a fair price for a set of these cards (which happen to be awesome by the way)... Thanks, J.
You are lucky enough. If you list them on eBay for auctioning, I believe the end price of a pair will be higher than $14. In fact there's no reason you can not sell them on eBay at $20/pair including shipping worldwide, international buyers will say thank you to you. However, if you will sell some of them on this forum, you have to provide reasonable discount (I don't know how much it should be), because you got the information from this forum and everyone knows how much you paid.

_
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:53:49 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2012, 09:30:18 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just as a quick note, I ordered a couple of these last night and just got an email that they shipped out. For .99 I'll grab a couple but they look pretty boring, surprised that they would fetch much of anything online. The nature of limitedness I guess.

Edit: ok I read a little more and that is pretty interesting. 1918 is quite a ways back there isn't it? I guess I'm feeling a little more interested in these now, especially for a buck.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:35:48 PM by xmetal »
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Paul... You ought to have a little more respect for the Big Gun Deck... It's a classic, and it paved the way for you to be able to run off your deck... It's the Big Gun... Pa-pow... hahahaha....

Edit: Paul... That's better... I saw you edited your post... I was just playing, but I think you already know... Anyhow... Set of the Big Guns for a Set of the Tendrils (already a backer)... Let me know...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:15:40 PM by jmrock »

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2012, 10:17:05 PM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular
It's always funny with collectors, when they see a deck and thinks it's boring or ugly and don't buy it. But when people start buying them, that's when they start to become more interesting and desirable.

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 10:44:36 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@Lac, it's human nature :-X :-X

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2012, 10:54:46 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
It's always funny with collectors, when they see a deck and thinks it's boring or ugly and don't buy it. But when people start buying them, that's when they start to become more interesting and desirable.
@Lac, it's human nature :-X :-X
Yeah you've got a point. Although not everybody will agree on that. I've seen that happen with some decks and I've also done that before with decks I wasn't a huge fan of. I've fallen out of that way of buying though. Now if I don't like a deck I don't buy it. This was a nice deck though and with the price tag I just couldn't pass it up.

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2012, 11:23:43 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@brown_bagg, I know the feelings :-[ :-[

@xmetal, you will enjoy these decks if you know it's $6400/4 vs $0.99 :(

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2012, 12:52:10 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
These last few posts are exactly the reason I would like to own a set of Ugly @$$ J.Nuggets... They are hideous, but in a weird way I feel they are a necessary part of a card collection... However, at this point in time, I cannot bring myself to pay those prices for such a ridiculous looking deck... There are decks that are works of art compared to those cards that I could buy for 1/4 of the price... But perhaps one day my compulsive nature will get the best of me and I'll spend the hundreds necessary to procure the decks... Hell, maybe I'll just go post an [ISO]... Keep a lookout...

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2012, 01:59:43 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
These last few posts are exactly the reason I would like to own a set of Ugly @$$ J.Nuggets... They are hideous, but in a weird way I feel they are a necessary part of a card collection... However, at this point in time, I cannot bring myself to pay those prices for such a ridiculous looking deck... There are decks that are works of art compared to those cards that I could buy for 1/4 of the price... But perhaps one day my compulsive nature will get the best of me and I'll spend the hundreds necessary to procure the decks... Hell, maybe I'll just go post an [ISO]... Keep a lookout...
You may buy them 10 years later. The price of JNs sets up a threshold, not everyone is willing/able to pay that amount of money for it. Besides, people own sealed JNs won't open them, so the total number of sealed JNs in the world won't decrease. It is likely you may get them 10 years later with the same price as now. ???

« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2012, 09:23:46 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yeah, there's just so many decks out there that it's tough to know the history involved in all of them. After reading a little bit it is pretty cool that they are bring back a deck from that long ago. Having that kind of company history is very cool and not many companies can look back that far in their own archives, so I appreciate that.

Now that I'm edumacated I'll enjoy my Big Guns. :)

Those Jerry's though, man. I gotta agree with jmrock, they are not very pretty cards. Desirable, interesting, collectible, but ooogly. When chatting about cards one night with my wife, I mentioned how much those were and that I'd probably not get a deck and she quipped "you sure as hell better not" so I guess that's the end of that. :)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »

ItsMagicITellYou~

• True Member
shipping was hella fast, i just got my brick a day after the shipping confirmation :o the backs look alright but im disappointed about the faces, they're all standard D: oh well!

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2012, 12:45:32 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Jerry's are ugly.  They're popular strictly because of the handling, and the magicians who used them for their handling.  Ironically, they were also popular because they were insanely cheap back then...

The Big Gun decks are utterly plain-faced, not even a custom Ace of Spades.  So what, they were FREAKIN' CHEAP.

Lushbob: it's not often that closeouts like that happen with collectible decks.  Most often, they just sell out, period.  Think of it like this - a clothing company makes a bet that a particular design will be terribly popular, and it's made as a limited edition.  They sell a few, but it's nowhere near as popular as originally thought.  They sit on store shelves, week after week, with few takers, while many of the shops selling them are charging retail or above based solely on the fact that they're limited editions and scarcer than most.  In the end, the new fashions are coming out and the old stock has to go; anything that didn't sell out gets closed out at deep discounts.  Sure, you could have waited for the price to drop, but what if this turned out to be the next Smoke & Mirrors or something?  Even if they were moderately more popular, these would have sold out and there would have been no closeout sale in which to purchase them at discount.

I get the feeling that, unfortunately, USPC won't bother to continue the Victory series based on how this one ended up.

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2012, 03:14:50 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@ItsMagicITellYou~, thank you for your sharing the information. Originally I thought it was too good to be true.
@Don, thank you for your confirming with the seller. I bought 2 bricks after that.
@jmrock, thank you for your help. You should have bought 200 bricks, hindsight is always 20/20. hahahaha :P :P

BTW, I don't have Jerry Nugget either because they are still available 10 years later at the same price as now. :P :P
_

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:15:28 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2012, 06:11:16 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
Well, I got my brick today so I'm happy!

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2012, 06:51:30 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Well, I got my brick today so I'm happy!

Nice! How long did the shipping take? It says that I should get mine in two weeks... and I live in the states. That seems a little long, but I'm not upset about it.

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I ordered them late Monday night and got a shipping notice Tuesday evening.

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Wow... so it really only took about three days to get to you! Hopefully the shipping on mine won't be too long haha. Thanks for the info. How are the decks?

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2012, 09:45:39 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
They're just regular old Bikes, nothing special, but for $1 a deck I'm not complaining.

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2012, 12:15:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Wow... so it really only took about three days to get to you! Hopefully the shipping on mine won't be too long haha. Thanks for the info. How are the decks?

I already owned a pair purchased at the higher price, like Lushbob.  They really are dead-on just like Bicycles.  The only customized features on the deck are the backs and the ad cards, that's IT, NOTHING more.  If you saw them from the front, you'd confuse them for Bikes, easily.

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2012, 12:20:07 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

I already owned a pair purchased at the higher price, like Lushbob.  They really are dead-on just like Bicycles.  The only customized features on the deck are the backs and the ad cards, that's IT, NOTHING more.  If you saw them from the front, you'd confuse them for Bikes, easily.

Yeah I realized that after I posted the question. I'm just so used to asking about the cards after somebody gets them  :P I got the point from shutupdangit's post.

Even though these are bog standard besides the backs/ad cards, the history behind the deck is what makes them so special I think. Not to mention the amazing price many of us snagged these at haha

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2012, 02:05:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Yeah I realized that after I posted the question. I'm just so used to asking about the cards after somebody gets them  :P I got the point from shutupdangit's post.

Even though these are bog standard besides the backs/ad cards, the history behind the deck is what makes them so special I think. Not to mention the amazing price many of us snagged these at haha

They were practically cheaper than wholesale.

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2012, 06:50:56 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
My parents wouldn't let me buy them so sadly I missed out on this awesome chance
 :(

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
My parents wouldn't let me buy them so sadly I missed out on this awesome chance

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure there are going to be many people selling off some of the extras for pretty cheap. I know a lot of people got one brick or multiple bricks and I'm sure you could probably get a couple decks from them from cheap. These are decks that are too hard to part with  :P

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2012, 10:56:03 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:

shoot me a pm. i thought i only ordered 6 decks but i musta been drinking when i ordered and i ordered 18.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2012, 11:53:42 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

shoot me a pm. i thought i only ordered 6 decks but i musta been drinking when i ordered and i ordered 18.
But you don't live in the U.S. so shipping will be a lot probably.

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2012, 12:15:56 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:

i live in iowa. just shoot me a pm, if your parents arent wanting u to spend $ we can work out a trade or somethin too.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2012, 12:30:21 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Oh whoops. I'll talk to them and then PM you. Thanks for being so kind :)

i live in iowa. just shoot me a pm, if your parents arent wanting u to spend $ we can work out a trade or somethin too.

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2012, 01:31:24 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Corrupting the morals of a minor...  For shame!  :))

One way or another, these are going to be around and not at a high price.  There's no need to go totally crazy getting them RIGHT THIS SECOND, Magic...

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2012, 10:44:42 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I got 14, was glad, all were in great condition and shipped in 2 days EXCEPT my brick box was damaged!  >:(
I really like the backs and the way they handle though and I LOVE the box (not that much lol). So ya. Definitely worth it. I should have gotten 12 bricks, but I didn't...  :'(

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2012, 10:49:07 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I got 14, was glad, all were in great condition and shipped in 2 days EXCEPT my brick box was damaged!  >:(
I really like the backs and the way they handle though and I LOVE the box (not that much lol). So ya. Definitely worth it. I should have gotten 12 bricks, but I didn't...  :'(

You wanted 12 bricks?! Dear god, what would you have done with all those cards?? haha

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2012, 10:51:25 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

You wanted 12 bricks?! Dear god, what would you have done with all those cards?? haha
I would have prepared for the apocalypse lol.
No, I would have stocked them and/or sold them and used them instead of bikes. I find a brick of bicycle standards for 14$ at my Costco, but, even with shipping, these are even cheaper, and great for reselling!

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2012, 10:58:49 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
missed this somehow...anyone wanna trade a couple sets?

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2012, 11:09:12 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
missed this somehow...anyone wanna trade a couple sets?
Sure, what would you want to trade for?

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2012, 09:01:04 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2012, 10:05:09 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Wow! These are selling for a lot on ebay already! But jmrock is driving the prices down... :'(

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2012, 10:49:51 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah that's insane!! I wouldn't ever buy these at that price. I was down to get some at 99 cents but they aren't special enough to pay a high price for. I'm also willing to trade if anybody is looking to trade.

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
It is quite obvious that the seller want to make $100 by reselling these decks, if you calculate his cost and the eBay final value fee. However, $233.10 for 70 decks is still a not bad deal for other dealers. They may resell them again for $5/deck and earn another $100 for themselves. :P :P

« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2012, 12:13:21 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I agree. Also, the big sellers are selling them at 40$ a set, while jmrock is the only one under 10$, selling them at 4$ a set... ??? WTF dude?

« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2012, 12:18:14 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I agree. Also, the big sellers are selling them at 40$ a set, while jmrock is the only one under 10$, selling them at 4$ a set... ??? WTF dude?

The 70 deck auction is not jmrock's and it already ended.
jmrock's auctions: http://www.ebay.com/sch/jmrockauction/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_trksid=p3984

« Reply #90 on: February 29, 2012, 12:27:18 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I know that. I was talking about his buy it now prices. 4$ a set...

« Reply #91 on: February 29, 2012, 03:00:15 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Thanks for the plug Digi... But it's not working... hahaha... I can't remember a time on eBay with any less interest... I thought some of that stuff was fire... Also isn't a $4.99 starting price on a pair of Big Guns a respectable number?  I thought so...

« Reply #92 on: February 29, 2012, 03:49:46 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Thanks for the plug Digi... But it's not working... hahaha... I can't remember a time on eBay with any less interest... I thought some of that stuff was fire... Also isn't a $4.99 starting price on a pair of Big Guns a respectable number?  I thought so...

Yeah that seems like a fair price, especially in comparison to some of the other prices people are trying to sell them at!!

« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2012, 06:10:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Yeah that's insane!! I wouldn't ever buy these at that price. I was down to get some at 99 cents but they aren't special enough to pay a high price for. I'm also willing to trade if anybody is looking to trade.

I'd be willing to cut a deal and trade you some of mine.  What do you have to offer?  Put it in a PM, so we don't clutter the joint up.

« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2012, 09:04:26 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT !!! i saw this thread very early but i did not buy it as at the 1st page someone mention back order or whatever i thought it was just a system error so i did not bother it .. but i just saw people mentioning they got their deck already !!

« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2012, 11:56:45 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT !!! i saw this thread very early but i did not buy it as at the 1st page someone mention back order or whatever i thought it was just a system error so i did not bother it .. but i just saw people mentioning they got their deck already !!
You can still get some for very cheap from jmrock of Don Boyer.

« Reply #96 on: February 29, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

I'd be willing to cut a deal and trade you some of mine.  What do you have to offer?  Put it in a PM, so we don't clutter the joint up.

Well I was offering them to those who missed out on the deal. I don't need anymore haha :P Thanks for the offer though

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2012, 06:15:11 PM »

ItsMagicITellYou~

• True Member
i have given away/sold most of mine but i have a few left, also willing to trade/sell with you lovely people :)

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
i have given away/sold most of mine but i have a few left, also willing to trade/sell with you lovely people :)
I am too. You can just PM me.